1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to expect from dedicated servers

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GuiltySpark704, May 13, 2020.

1. GuiltySpark704

GuiltySpark704 New Member AMS2 Club Member

So what exactly are the dedicated servers going to entail?

Is it going be scheduled races in the style of iRacing or GT Sport? If so that would be pretty rad.:cool:

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Dedicated servers are just servers used to host online content for games. What they do and how they do it is entirely down to whoever is running the server, which could be anybody. Once the tool is released it will allow communities to start hosting anything from individual races to whole leagues, same as they already do for other sims.

If you're asking what Reiza specifically may do in terms of online racing, I don't know. They might host some events but I doubt it will be that extensive. Hosting requires servers, servers require constant payments. Most sims rely on the sim-racing community to provide the bulk of the online experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Member

Is the Dedi a priority for Reiza, or something to be released many months (or years!) away from now?

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Personally, I would say that it's probably something to be released with v1.0, which is apparently about a month away. That is not official though, as I don't work for Reiza.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

They recently said we were "about halfway though" the EA period. It had been a month at the time, so perhaps another month before v1.0 can be expected. Barring any game-stopping issues, of course.

7. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't wait for Dedi servers. However I do hope reiza make it so admins can set server restrictions on drivers ranking, similar to how it works for ACC.

8. kagurazakayukari

kagurazakayukari Member

I'm wondering how much function could dedicate server and spectate/broadcast mode do. I mentioned these together, because these two can have a very positive effect on information providing on the screen, such as speed and sector time side by side comparation.

As a media person, I'm pretty happy on what rf2 1118 have done, it is very similar to our working flow of motorsports on TV. However the dedicate tool is very likely to make me confused. I'm looking forward to AMS2, as it can providing much better graphic.

• Agree Agree x 1