1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and Improved: LexxVR's Custom FFB for AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Lexx VR, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Manohy

Manohy Member

The community can generate wheel presets from Lexx files or from scratch depending on their models and their feeling compared to other sims. Then Reiza collect and integrate them in the game as switchable preset or setting.This can push AMS 2 to an another level very quickly. It seems that the AMs 2 ffb system is prone to inconsistency accross the wheel models and need tailored settings.

2. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Would be enough if they made an advanced section where we could use sliders to change some of the settings only available in the custom file.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

This new version is the best. Using it on an old G25, so your work is suitable for everyone, I think. Thanks a lot for this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This still current w/ the latest v0.9.1? Asking as I noticed strong vibrations even at straights (SuperV8 at Donington).

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  5. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Just wanted to say that I am loving these custom settings on my T300, can only imagine how good it will be when I finally get a DD wheel!

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You using the default by Lexx in OP? What are your settings? Don't you get the vibrations even on straights?

7. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

I get plenty of ffb throughout but I prefer a heavier feeling all round. There is a probability that I am clipping but not sure how to confirm. I don’t know settings from memory but could add if interested.

My point on DD wheel is that detail is greater than that of my TM unit and I have the intention to upgrade early 2021.

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. Since posting that my custom profile is a combination of Lexx's values and custom tweaks so it's not the same file as above. Also, I've reverted to a tweaked New Default for now until the next patch, when Reiza say the FFB will be "ready for v1.0".

That said, the SuperV8 had physics tweaks so that could have fixed the "lifeless" FFB I was getting with the above profile. Remember to check your engine vibration level if you're using Lexx's download as they are very strong by default.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lexx VR

Lexx VR Member

For Fanatec DD wheels with the physics latest update released today: v0.9.5.1:

I recommend lowering the Gain to 78 and FX to 36. I've adjusted both of these values down by one increment and it feels amazing on the latest physics tweaks! Especially Metalmoro Turbo P4 and Formula 3, and probably most others too.

• Like Like x 2
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you mean on the default ffb or with the tweaks you have done in files?

11. Lexx VR

Lexx VR Member

I mean using this custom ffb attached in the top level post.

I find the default to be washed out on center and lacking a crisp feel of the scrub dynamics.

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, cool, thanks.

13. Lexx VR

Lexx VR Member

There's been a big change yesterday in AMS2's FFB signal with the refresh rate reduction to 360Hz. This made the road texture feel much more gritty and noisy with the old settings, due to no interpolation filter on the wheel setup.

Fortunately, NO changes are needed to the custom ffb text file, only to the sim settings and Fanatec Wheel Settings, turning Interpolation ON to its minimum level: 1.

For Fanatec Podium Wheels (DD1/DD2), I now recommend the following:

New Wheel Settings: Interpolation = 2
    New Sim Settings:
    Gain 61
    Low Force Boost 30
    FX 80

I also suggest using the latest Fanatec Beta Firmware (v365), but prior versions (as of v352) should feel fine as well.

A more detailed explanation for the settings changes: Prior FFB signal at 500-600Hz was barely enough to run with Interpolation = OFF. Now that it's down to 360Hz, for a smooth feel we need to turn on interpolation filter at 1-2 but then the small details and crisp on center feel get smoothed away, so you'll need to multiply your FX by a factor of 2-3 to maximize detailed clarity. I've increased my FX from 36 all the way to 88.

With higher FX based input, you need to turn down the Gain to 60-62. And the Low Force boost now brings in certain details that aren't present in the other signals.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Puchouy

Puchouy New Member

Hey, just wanted to say that your FFB settings are great. I'm using a DD1 and coming from iRacing, ams2 with these settings has been amazing for the past few days!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lexx VR

Lexx VR Member

That’s super nice to hear! We should have a match so I should know exactly how/what you feel...

Try turning down the LFB from 31 down to 30 and tell me if it feels better... i think 31 may have overly boosted some light twitching with the Sprint car when skipping over light bumps at straightaway speeds on default setup.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  16. Puchouy

Puchouy New Member

I was using 30, I think it felt a little bit harsh at 31 with 0 INT on my DD1. I decided to try with 4 INT and 31 and it feels great. There are a few bumps on brands hatch for example but it feels that it's what the wheel should be doing. Overall amazing settings for me :)

17. Lexx VR

Lexx VR Member

Nice, you encouraged me to try raising interpolation again, and to me it really feels like going with a softer and more absorbing sidewall on the tires.

I’ll now recommend interpolation at 2 for a medium-stiff sidewall, as 1 was probably a bit too direct, and a softer edge does give more room to raise the overall force level on the wheel.

I think interpolation at 3+ loses too many fine details if immersion is the priority, but I can see how it can be faster and smoother.

18. Lexx VR

Lexx VR Member

Tested with 1.0, can confirm same file still works great with updated settings posted on June 7.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

@Lexx VR Just wanted to thank you for your work. Today I tried your custom FFB for AMS2 for the first time and after going back and forth between the default FFB and yours for a while, tweaking the values over and over again, I ended up sticking with your FFB.

Since I only have an old Logitech G25 wheel, my settings are currently:
    100 Gain
    77 Low Force Boost
    4 FX

It doesn't quite give me the surface connection I would like to, but the feeling of weight and the overall information conveyed through the steering column is better than any configuration the default FFB can deliver, for me at least. The reasoning behind the low FX value is that I've tried higher values, but those result in a quick trip to rattle town on my wheel. :D Turning it off didn't work either because the steering then lacks detail and texture. 3-4 seems to be okay with your files.

Anyway, unless I am diving deeper into creating my own custom FFB file this is as good as its gonna get for my setup. Thanks again for your hard work, it is much appreciated! :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mpowerjohn147

Mpowerjohn147 New Member AMS2 Club Member

@Lexx VR first of all a huge thank you for the time and effort that you have clearly put into this! As someone completely new to PC's and fairly new to Fanatec as well. I literally don't even know where to start when it comes to tweaking FFB to preference and it is something I'm desperately trying to learn/pickup. Before writing this message I never even added a custom file before to anything. And to be honest had it not of been for the fact we both have same wheel bases (DD1) and the overwhelmingly positive reviews from other DD users here I probably would of chickened out. But it actually turned out to be a lot easier than I was initially thinking. Have a few (no doubt stupid) questions tho, are you using torque key?, and will running FFB strength at 50% instead of 100% have any affect on the FFB itself? I don't have a kill switch and never been higher than 50% so I left it at that for now as I'm scared of either damaging the wheelbase or potentially me at 100%. Once again a huge thank you for all your hard work!

• Like Like x 1