1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.2.1 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 15, 2020.

1. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I tried this and when I select full on the widget (is this the small tyre temp, speed,revs and fuel thingy?) it goes invisible, only minimal works :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

That's the speedo widget. You are wanting the hidden widget just to the left of it. By default is is off, but you can enable it via the HUD editing

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

EPIC update @Renato Simioni and team, the AJRs are even better than before :cool:

Additional liveries for P2s are awesome, very nice, keep 'em coming. Now all we need is the FOV corrected on the trackside cameras for triples so we can watch them in all their glory :whistle:

BTW, where did the AJR Honda turbo sounds go o_O

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

hah thanks for that !! works now (although suspension and tire colors arent in yet) , mine was hidden somewhere else on the screen lol

5. ilka

ilka Moderator

Thats a very interesting, the point of HDR update was brightening up and making the colors more vibrant instead.
    What weather/time of day are you running?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Not sure about CSW but I actually feel the slow corners grip much better now, it doesnt get as light for me and I can feel that lateral force albeit not as strong, its there though and if I snap over or under steer, it changes instantly, FFB so far looks super promising!

7. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I think it depends much more now on time and direction of light etc. when I drive an open wheeler around and turn away (or at an angle) from the sun, the inside gets brighter. I assumed this is the way HDR works, accentuating lighter but also darker areas, sort of a clarity filter.

8. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Update to the last version 0.9.2.1, delete the folder Automobilista 2 (in documents), launch the game, set the graphics, the parameters and do the calibration, I leave the all default FBB 100-50-50 and choose the Racestreet (it has the FBB among the heavier) by trying it on the VIR International circuit ... 3, 2, 1 and away .... the first thing I thought was wow with a gain of 100 the steering does not go left and right, ok there is clipping, but I felt the wheels like never before, also with an LFB of 50 it was not empty in the center ...

Ok let's try again 90-80-50, clipping is reduced a lot, the center fills up and the wheels felt great, finally managing to play with the car's accelerator ... well it feels almost perfect, just a little too much low effects we try to file and raise FX and see if it breaks or if it adds ....

So I try 88-84-75, guys I had a feeling of connection with the road never had before, i have a minimal inconsistence clipping (only with the car Racestreet but not problematic), I feel very well the front end and I manage the rear, both when entering corners and when accelerating in exiting, etc ... I can feel the gum ... the only thing i miss is just a little more scrubbing effect but for the rest EXCELLENT UPDATE ... THE MOST "WOW" YOU HAVE MADE IN EARLY ACCESS ... CONGRATULATIONS A REIZA AND TO MR. RENATO!!!

Before with version 0.8.4.0 is 70-80-60 but many inconsistence ...

My cheap Logitech g920 warmly thanks!!! :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had this same impression.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I also noticed that the image is too dark .... I don't have HDR ...

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tested using Oculus Rift, in Interlagos, 4 PM, suny and storm weathers. Had this same impression of a much darker screen. Anyway, maybe I messed some config... Will dedicate some time to test other graphics options. Lets hear other VR players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

I would echo the sentiments that in cockpit view, the scene is slightly darker and maybe more saturated than before. It definitely isn't too dark or even an issue for me, but I agree there is a difference.
    Tested with my Rift S, all settings maxed, variety of cars on Brands Hatch, Interlagos, Kyalami primarily. 10am, sunny/lightcloud.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a lil darker here and there

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I also think it is darker now. I like it though, I had previously reduced exposure compensation to 0.6 as I think it looks more natural in VR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NoThrottleControl

NoThrottleControl New Member

Exposure of 1.0 looks like a solar eclipse at noon clear weather in the new version. Used to run 1.2 before but the same brightness is now at 1.7 or even more. Just compare the brightness to the Interlagos loading screen that is probably from the old versions.

16. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Made pictures of exposures in a dark place of Brands. 2.0 , 1.0 , 1.3
    2.0 is too bright especially in the bright area, I think 1.3 looks about right without being too much.

Attached Files:

• 1.0.jpg
      1.0.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 1.3.jpg
      1.3.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 2.0.jpg
      2.0.jpg
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 2
  17. baker048

baker048 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely brilliant and getting better all the time thanks again

18. ilka

ilka Moderator

Something weird is going on here. On my machine the 1.0 looks between 1.3 and 2.0, even closer to 2.0, because i've stylized it a bit to be a slightly over-contrasted but didnt want to have dark places to be too black.
    This is going to be improved, or reverted to previous values.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Please make it look like A2 Natural in AMS ;)

The new look now is nice, but I would agree overall it is a bit darker. The problem I have is the lack of visible clock and date means that when I do see a scene I have no reference point to judge the light. I would say that someone above mentioned an eclipse...that may be an accurate description if it's a partial eclipse.

I hope whatever you do will go only in the direction of photo-realism or a natural look. The over-boosted colours and overly-vivid "video game" look has no place in this video game!! ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update as usual guys. Love the brake overhaul! FFB is tip top, the AI improvements are pretty profound (I used to race the Roco when I wanted to fee superior, now they hammer me), and some welcome UI stuff. I will join in the chorus about the HDR lighting, I think it needs a bit more refinement. I can see where at times it's quite similar to the rF2 style of lighting and colour, which to me is very well done and naturalistic. But like earlier HDR implementations in that game there's significant shadow crush, where everything not in full sunlight appears very dark. Unfortunately this includes cockpits. Even turning exposure compensation up to 2 does little to alleviate it.

I was definitely not a fan of the garish oversaturation in AMS1, and was thrilled with the initial car/track presentation in AMS2. As Marc suggested above, I hope the push is for more naturalistic and less cartoonish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1