1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.2.1 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 15, 2020.

1. Atsuki

Atsuki Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, that what i thought. I will avoid to race against AI in this high tracks, or use only turbo cars :D

2. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Great update, FFB feels very good, thanks Reiza.

I'm having trouble trying to set AI difficulty tough. Now the AI is more aware of the player position on track, except for turn in and under acceleration on certain corners, but I found AI has more traction on slow corner exits, and sometimes impossible grip levels on medium to fast corners, but remains slow at slow or twisty sectors, so it's difficult to balance the correct AI level for my driving abilities.

For example, I was running a 10 laps race full weekend at Jerez on the Formula 3 (Dallara 309), 100% AI and 50% aggression. On qualy, I'm 0.5 secs faster so pole position. The race was a nightmare tough. I let two AI get go from the start to battle them. They was crushing me on the faster sectors (even trying to pass me over my car, literally :)), carrying more speed than me because more traction out of slow turns, but I was crushing them in the last sector where they are really slow.

This imbalance of the AI torought a single lap is making difficult to set AI level, because if I lower it to be on par with them in the faster sectors, I will be much faster where the AI is incredibly slow, and a second and a half per lap faster overall.

This behaviour was present also on a race at Ibarra with the P2 car, and Kyalami 2019 with the Sprintcar, 100% AI and 50% aggression.

Someone can suggest a combo on which the AI is more or less better balanced?

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Yeah AI is impossibly fast on straights.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Try racing the P3 Roco’s at the full Oulton Park circuit and then you’ll see the absolute worst of AI in this game. I’m faster than them in the fast corners, but as soon as you hit any straight, it’s like they have constant super mario mushroom boosts. The only cars I have genuine fun with against AI are the V12’s and the Sprint Race cars. All other cars I only use for hot lapping, because the AI is no fun at all.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

One complain: Racing in Monaco at midnight, there were a lot of lights-off windows. I'm racing at night because I don't want people to sleep, so wake them up, Reiza... make virtual-Monégasques pay some respect, please.

The AI settings feel different from player's default. Have you tried to lower your car's downforce? Have you tried a different gear settings? Because you just described cars with different setups, not a real balance issue.

I tried very different car/track combinations, 100% AI level with 50% aggression, and have just a feel issues with AI during their turn in. They pace is very decent overall.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

excelente trabalho!!!!
    alguma noticia sobre quando o modo broadcaster e race director estara disponivel?
    algum plano para colocar os farois noturnos da sprint e stock car?
    coloque opcao de editar as configuracoes da corrida no onlinde de dentro do lobby, toda vez que queremos mudar numero de voltas, pista ou clima, precisa sair da sala e criar outra.

7. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Buddy honestly try the P3 Roco at Oulton Park International, with whatever downforce and gear ratio’s you fancy and tell me that it’s fun. The way they slow down in fast corners then speed off on the straight isn’t even like they have DRS, it’s more like a super mario yellow arrow on the floor haha Believe me I’m a Reiza fan boy and I want this sim to be amazing! But trying to say the AI is acceptable in its current state or anywhere near as good as RF2 or R3E would be wrong and doesn’t help the game develop. I’m not saying that you said that, but that is the standard I know Reiza can and will achieve this year!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I'll try later, thanks. IMHO, AI is faster in straights just because they have a lot better traction than me on slow corner exits. If it's my fault, or super grippy AI, I really don't know yet, but I'm unable to put traction down at the same level as AI does. I'm on default setup tough, only brake bias and fuel changed.

Had a very good race with the Sprintcar at Curbelo, 100% strenght but changed aggresion to 30%. Still the same AI behaviour as other combos (slow AI on certain sectors, faster on fast sectors, overall lap time on par with my best laps), but this time the speed difference on fast straights following slow turns were a lot more manegeable.

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I just made this post in another thread but just read your post here so thought I'd paste my comment for you to see.

Just had an amazing race (well i did it 3 times it was so great :D GT5 Puma at Guapore with 31 Ai at 120 skill 61 aggression with race start at 7 am start x5 progression , medium / heavy cloud / hazy x 10 weather progression :)

I haven't enjoyed battling for 20th place like this, well ever , it looked brilliant, the FFB is freaking spot on and the Ai didnt give up any spots after we all got sorted (still took half a lap or so), it was them getting the better on the brakes , me getting the better out of the corners and a drag race so evenly down the straight that it was braking and corner exit where the race was to be won or lost .

This was a near perfect experience :)
    :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  10. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fiat Uno at Oulton Park is decent, Stock Car and Super V8 at Kyalami are good fun.

11. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you are good on the brakes, super V8s at Imola 72, the battle of the last corner! and some pretty bad tarmac/asphalt, awesome race, To an easier level but equally fun Imola 88 with P2s.

12. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Anybody know any good A.I combo's with the Lancer? Been getting really frustrated with keep getting smashed into, A.I having wildly varying speeds etc.

13. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Surprisingly yes, most other Sims I'm around 107-115 but AMS 2 I can pretty well beat the Ai in lap times at 120 :(

• Like Like x 1
  15. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

Did a race yesterday @ Interlagos Historic in the P1 Metalmoro V6 turbo @ 120% & 50% and had a blast and a half saved the replay I'll have to record it and post on YT overnight tonight :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Christy

Christy Member AMS2 Club Member

merci to del.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  17. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Disabling vsync makes the super fast AI goes away and AI is great after that. Really weird but I've tested this with multiple tracks. I thing there is a framestep physics bug.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

You may post this in the bug report thread as it could be interesting for the devs to know :
    Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

19. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

That's interesting , what track cars and conditions did you use to test this ?

20. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried a few cars/tracks there now with vsync off previously on and no difference to AI speed.

• Informative Informative x 1