1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In PC2 the type off FFB was also shown under the FFB histogramm and in case of custom files PC2 used the first 2 lines if there was a name, e.g. for the new files it would look like:

######################################################
    # NAME: NuScorpii LFB-ratio-fix scrub-scale-knee

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

It's the same in AMS 2.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Karsten, so this file to me feels closer to the NewDefault 9.2 but with the tyre scrub included.

I bumped up from 75.15.35 I think it was, to 75.20.40 but I need more testing.
    On my wheel, I seemed to be getting a more brittle tyre scrub at first then that granulated/kicking when more intense scrubbing(long corners). Now if I run the FX higher than say, 45-50 I get great feedback from the tyres, but the feeling is pretty much there constantly just by turning the wheel in any situation I get a tyre scrub, even sat in pits! So I'm thinking my sweet spot tyrewise might be between 35-40FX in this new file with slightly higher LFB.

The engine noise seems to me that it's higher when you actually pulling away 1, 2 and 3 gear, then after you can barely notice. If you rev the engine while in the pits it doesn't seem as high as you when pulling away, this might be me not quite getting the FFB. Either way I'm gonna increase engine noise and see what it does, but thanks for the file update! Good improvement!

4. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

HI Santos,

Thanks for the feedback.
    Yes, I lowered both road noise and engine noise while smoothening and fastening the road noise too. It is more geared to DD now than before, so def. if non-DD push at least the fx slider up higher, as you found.

The scrub is matching with NuScorpiis, same angles, so in between the old and NuScorpiis old. I agree with him that hits the mark better.

The engine noise was lowered, so it naturally seems to fade out as the road and other effects come in to play, but it's still there. You can adjust that higher in the file if you like that higher relative to the rest.

One new thing I added in this was the separation of calculations for scrubbing and road, so that's a difference for this one as well.

I would like to add that these files are all based on discoveries @NuScorpii and I have both made, so just to say this really is a combined effort to a very high degree, although posted separately. I have even directly copied sections over as I please and he has adapted and improved the LFB issue I discovered.which I have then adapted

Maybe we can combine our current versions more reg. values and the current minor differences so we don't spam this forum so much

Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  5. Karsten Hvidberg

OH,

Santos, if you arrive at some awesome changed values in the file, please feel 100% free to repost along with type of wheel base noted

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I have just bumped up the engine_noise to 2 and did the trick for me, comparing to what I had before with the Reiza default I can't tell the difference other than the addition of tyre scrubs (the freaking cherry on top!:D)

Great to have you knowledgeable guys doing this parallel work @NuScorpii @Karsten Hvidberg.
    Whatever happens, I'm keeping these files well saved:)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Karsten Hvidberg

You can't feel the road noise? If you would like that, then def. make the value higher for that as well :) It should play much niver now than before at higher values.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You are right. I tested it and now ist's clear what custom FFB is active. In the REIZA new default and old default it's named unnamed ... so I thought it does not function anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Many of these tweaks were on sliders in PC1, but who the hell knew what a scoop knee was, and without tooltips, it was hard to tweak anything reliably. They took it out for PC2 after people complained it was too complicated, now we are all rummaging around having fun in those custom files. The Madness engine would clearly support sliders, but probably most players wouldn't go that deep and would just make a mess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Karsten Hvidberg

Santos,

Sorry, you were completely right.
    At some point I removed the angular velocity of the force on the road noise.
    It is back here & in a new experimental way that I think feels good so far.

Sorry again,
    this is MUCH better on the road part!

Cheers!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Downloaded, your guys rock! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks ! Which cars did you drive with these new settings ?

14. shushkata

shushkata New Member

I do miss the understeer in this build. Despite that the custom file is a fantastic one, i really only feel the grip and the loss of it stays hidden. Is there a way we can increase the effect ?

15. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

What wheel-base? I can feel the lightness on understeer and when the tires lose grip, when the balance shifts between front-back I can feel it but its not as discting in a straight line as 3 patches ago, i can really feel it when i alternate throttle and brake in a turn though.

16. shushkata

shushkata New Member

T300RS, not the fine fidelity of the DD wheels i guess. As i got the game two patches away, i only can compare it the likes of AC, where this is more prominent.

17. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you @NuScorpii @Karsten Hvidberg , after a bit of fiddling I got it to where i like it a lot.
    Here's my settings based on NuScorpii's file.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Karsten Hvidberg

Santos,

I've tested on MCR S2000 / Guapore & Ultima GTR (race)/Imola & GT5/Ibarra.

Jesus FC, I can't stop driving that Ultima at Imola now :)... Just thank you Reiza! What a crazy good feeling!

Fixed a few issues for the road effect in this one here:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

My first DD was the AccuForce with SimCommander (settings galore!). I miss the software to this day. :(

PC1-ffb settings lacked effective organization and practical documentation to understand what settings did. During development, I suggested SMS translate ffb-tech into layman's terms so the average user might have a clue.:eek:

Unfortunately, the backlash from such complicated systems led us to where we find ourselves now, having a lack of tuning options easily accessible. Even AC's settings are now considered too complex for most players, settings I still consider as basic.:)

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Sign of the times. Most people expect everything to just "work" right out of the box and/or be done for them, without them having to lift a finger. It's sad really because all it's doing is severely limiting the world we live in. But you can't fight the masses, unfortunately.