1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice file again, I struggled to feel a lot of road_scale difference but I'm keeping it! Once again I added a bit more engine noise (2.0) and its fantastic. I'll keep changing the FFB tomorrow but for now, I'm happy at 75.20.50

Interesting FFB @Alegunner68 looks quite aggressive, I might have a go at it tomorrow although, looking at the actual file some of your scales are read lower than the ones I'm using, so perhaps they compensate one another to some degree and we actually have very similar FFBs. I really want to jump back right now and test it, but I've been at it for like 6 hours today, enough is enough:p:D:D:D.

Thanks for the constant updates @Karsten Hvidberg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

FFB settings just need to be organized better so those that want advanced settings have access and those that don't, can just go with the basic ones.

They could even require a secret code to gain access and discourage those lacking enough determination. :p:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Talking about pc1 settings, I spent more time messing with the ffb than driving. Something I never want to go through again:eek:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hopefully it then at least felt good :)
    I only wish iceracing and ACC had some more detailed settings and other issues fixed soon. Such a shame that those 2 otherwise fantastic sims just can't be made to feel great in any way.... Crossed fingers it will happen one of the days...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Nope, you could fiddle for hours to get it feeling right and then realize as soon as you switched to a different vehicle you had to start over.

This is a pain, but AMS 2 is already light years ahead in terms of consistency.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Karsten Hvidberg

New updated file...

So far I have kept the engine vibrations lower, to not make them hide the road vibrations. But I also do like the engine vibrations, so fixed it so I get both.

The fix blends things together depending on speed to provide both things when they are needed.
    Also adjusted road vibrations to be stronger than before & earlier compared to before.

I like it 8)

This should work well for both DD & non-DD wheels again, I would think. For non-DD you prob. want to go higher than 50 on FX slider.

ffb custom file attached:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. F.Santos

Will test it soon! are you at 50FX on your DD? whats your LFB in this new one?

8. Karsten Hvidberg

On the DD I have lfb at 50 and I actually go down to 40 on the fx. At fx 50 the road is a little too much for me, but I'm sure it benefits non-DD users that it's a little on the juicier side 8)

Well, just adjusted (road_scale 1.5) down to (road_scale 1.2) locally.
    Then I use fx 50.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Karsten Hvidberg

Final ffb custom file update from me this week. I don't think I can make it any better (for my personal taste).

* Changed road feel to be a little less harsh at speed.
    * Changed rack lfb strength to be 0.3 instead of 0.5. This feels more real car natural around the center to me.

On my sc2pro DD I run this at lfb 50 & fx 50.
    On non-DD you might want to go higher on both.
    (In TrueDrive I set recon to 1 & limit slew rate to 1.0)

Will now attend work & actually spend time RACING this awesome game instead of obsessing. Also looking forward to Friday for some more Reiza improvements :)

ffb file attached:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. F.Santos

I was still testing the file version before this one, but the road feel is definitely better as in the actual wheel contact with the asphalt. Also, the engine noise when in the pits and on track, good job there.
    I don't know where I stand on LFB, I initially tried your 50 and although the road feel is awesome I found it to make the wheel a bit too heavy for my taste, and it got me thinking as well since I'm not on a DD if I should then go even higher(in theory)? But I'm probably higher than you on in-game Gain 75 and wheel strength at 100 For 100, so maybe it even things out!?!?Dunno.

Anyways, got to a 75.40.50 in this one, will test your latest probably later this afternoon. I'm fully supporting your decision to stop fiddling with FFB and just stick with what you have done so far. It's becoming a bit of an addiction to try these new files and I don't see it stopping unless you give up first :p:p:p, I don't want to try them, but after the first file and every time I press refresh and there's a new msg from you I'm cursing myself:D:D:D:D

Thanks and enjoy your work now! Lets rope Reiza's got the magic on point again and will deliver that ultimate FFB on Friday, otherwise, I'm keeping this files:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Karsten Hvidberg

Haha, it's the same for me. Just ONE more tweak... Unf. there's always just one more

The heaviness of the wheel on rising the Lfb is exactly what the last change helps, btw.
    I changed the "rack_lfb_ratio" value to 0.3 in the file and it might be enough for you. Or maybe you want to set the "rack_lfb_ratio" to even lower than 0.3.
    At "rack_lfb_ratio 0.0" the lfb will no longer affect the heaviness of the wheel and it will be much loser and natural around center. But then the lfb will also not affect the real road details unf... That is one problem in the current Reiza setup, and is the reason I still keep it at 0. 3 instead of 0.0.
    So hopefully that is separated out or fixed in some other way on Reiza's end at some point.

Oh, fyi: Added "NAME" to the file I posted before that can be seen in the HUD when it's used. If you already downloaded it & you want it, then download that same file again.
    (Thanks for info @jpmmuc)

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  12. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Yeah man that feels good! I turned the road scale down to 0.5 as I feel I miss some subtle real track detail through the rack otherwise. But yeah great feel, I'll use this till the next patch lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

Deleted

14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I think you want the VR discussion for this question. :)

As far as I can tell, it does nothing at the moment. My guess is that it's supposed to determine whether your VR view is mirrored to your monitor or not.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice including the name information, I will try it this evening.
    For sure this additional scrub is more informative in comparison to the new default.
    I like the in the NuScorpii file introduced slower scrub vibration (oscillator 1.5) to make clear that this is coming from over driving the tyre. The new default has a all time fast vibration that I don't like, could be scrub or road noise or engine vibration who knows ...
    (In RaceRoom this is also possible with a weak slip effect like 8 and the ffb slip freq multiplier reduced to 0.3 from 1.0).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Karsten Hvidberg

I Agree!
    It was REALLY nice to have the good scrub come back from the dead and tweaked on angles and oscillations! It made this junkie happy again :)

• Like Like x 5
  17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I'm really liking these tweaks guys. Increasing the scrub levels (lower frequency too) allowed me to increase the Recon-filter on the SimuCube back to 8, where it works best with most titles. Doing so filters out the noise around center but, the scrub still comes through clearly even though, the overall FFB has a nice rubbery quality. Love it. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. F.Santos

Yeah, I kinda went with @NuScorpii in this final one, I reduced the road_scale to 1.2 as it was in your previous version, now there was definitely an improvement on the weight in this one, so I didn't push much higher my LFB 50.

I'm using 75.50.65-60 not too sure on FX yet. Nice touch on the HUD! credit where credit is due!

Now, you can visually notice the change in asphalt in some tracks, like patches that were fixed in parts of Donington, Brands and Imola for instance, but you cant always feel them through the wheel, because of the tyre/compound fidelity so far from Reiza you can notice the difference from car/tyre in relation to these patches, which is awesome! On the other hand, undulations are a constant felt in every car and fair enough.

Like you mentioned I think!? It is still tight to LFB which will make the car heavier but will give you more from those colour change/patch feel too. I can at 50 barely feel some and have a reasonably good feel for others, only rumbling here because you have a similar LFB to what have and I never tested a DD wheel, do you feel every change in the road really well?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

May I ask any of the tweakers here which variable(s) affect the "actual wheel contact with the asphalt" part of the FFB? Or, is this just the impression/feeling that you get from some of SAT (or other) forces?

Thanks--it's about the only part of the FFB that is not ideal for my wheel (besides the temporarily missing road detail that we know will be restored in some form soon).

20. F.Santos

Uhmm??? I will try to explain what I did and what it is for me, but I'm really not the best to ask for cos I don't fully understand how the forces interact based on the txt.file and Reizas FFBb.

So it's just the feel for me that you get from playing around with LFB and FX, FX increasing the feel of road details in general, and LFB enhancing some of the minor details of the road too. With that, I altered the road_scale from 1.5 to 1.2 as Karsten had in his latest file.

The feel varies from car to car, but what I'm referring to is this almost constant noise/vibe you get through the wheel when driving around, I can say that is the road noise because if you have it tuned properly and remove engine noise(to test), whenever you lose grip and start scrubbing tyres around corners it should complement that, whenever you change direction/weaving on a type of tarmac/asphalt like the main straight patch in Curitiba you should clearly feel the difference as if the wheels were rolling over it.

If you find a good balance between them you should have that impression as well to some degree, and that's my wheel contact feel. Like I posted earlier, I'm on 75.50.60 which should work fairly well with your wheel too, maybe lowering them slightly, the only important difference is the drift mode on the wheel which I have at -2.

I hope I got close to the answer you were looking for.