1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 works great on Linux with Steam Play/Proton

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by leillo1975, Apr 2, 2020.

1. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

First of all, thanks a lot, Reiza, the game don't have Linux native support, but works amazingly great with Steam Play/Proton, including Wheel Support and Multiplayer Online. I have recorded a video in case a user is interested in buying it and needs to know how it works in our system:

• Like Like x 7
  2. AndyI972

AndyI972 New Member

I too am over the moon about the performance on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04) even on my old hardware.
    I have a i4690k overclocked at 4.5Ghz and a RX580 and i get a stable 60fps at high settings and it looks stunning, espec at sunsets!
    Im using the "new-lg4ff" driver and the FFB on my G29 is working great.
    The only very small niggle is being unable to switch workspace in fullscreen. I get a black screen when i return to the game and have to shut it down, other than that i have had 1 CTD in over 20hrs of play.
    Anyone on linux with a G29 wheel needs to give this game a go!

• Like Like x 1
  3. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

The black screen after the Alt-Tab is the only issue for me.

4. little_tommy

little_tommy New Member

I know this is an old thread, but I could not get the pedals of my G29 to map correctly. I'm using Linux and Proton 5.13-2. The clutch pedal maps to the throttle, and the brake and throttle pedals don't map to anything. What am I missing? Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

You need to edit the axis of the pedals. I can't try it now and tell you exactly where it is to show you because I'm not at home, but you would have to redefine those actions with the corresponding pedal.

A question for you. Did you install new-lg4ff? If not, please, say me if Force Feedback works