1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the file that feels so good on the T300. The real track effects are indeed a little on the light side but the overall FFB is pretty incredible with this file. Scrub effects work great and can be increased/decreased to suite different cars with about 5-10 FX usually.

I'll give your newest file a try here in a bit and try your recommendations @Karsten Hvidberg.

As for the previous file in my last comment, I gave that another shot and found some interesting things. If I drop LFB to 0, my wheel would start acting erratic jerking left and right, but a value of 1, the FFB actually felt pretty good - I could definitely feel more real track effects than the file I've posted here that I like so much - but the wheel was light at center and then got way too heavy when under higher lateral loads.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Goffik, you are right we do have the issue that we're both on a dd wheel. Even the exact same.
    Any detailed feedback on the exact things that have become worse helps and
    Hey Goffik,

If possible if you explain in details each thing that has worsened for you, we might be able to find some of the causes?
    You are absolutely right that we use dd wheels, even the exact same one, so it's hard to know what feels in which way on other wheels.
    So any description appreciated.
    Also ingame settings.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  3. shushkata

shushkata New Member

I have lost the Scrub effect under braking, all i can fell is during cornering. Last several updates to the profile felt the same regarding that feedback. Can it be just the nature of the wheel ? maybe i can increase something (in file or ingame). Running 76/55/50.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Karsten Hvidberg

Good info!
    When you try the new one, IF it still feels too heavy under higher lateral loads, please change the Lfb rack rate value.
    It is set to 0.3 in the file. Try 0.0 instead, it might help.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Madonion

Madonion Member

When i had my logitech G29 it showed me quite obviously when its clipping since it made a huge clunk noise and id loose feedback.
    With my T300 i don't feel like im clipping because if i put gain to 76 then the wheel feels lights around a turn and i adjust it till i felt it becoming nice and heavy. How do you guys check? it stays tight and does what it needs to do every turn or at high speeds.

6. shushkata

shushkata New Member

Go into the Telemetry hud, and you can see several graphs in the left low corner. The last one, to the far right is the clipping. If it goes up, that is clipping. Some clipping is fine, but massive amount will reduce the overall fine feelings trough the wheel. The heaviness of the wheel and the constant opposing force trough a corner are only part of the info you need to feel the car.

7. Madonion

Madonion Member

K sweet will revert back tomorrow and see if i feel any more detail with it set to 75 on gain and where it does clip on my higher setting.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I have indeed tried the scrub-only file and the scrub itself feels fine. That's true of most of your files. It's other things which just aren't working for me. The road noise, the centre of the wheel, non-existent curb vibrations, the numbness. It feels like I have to pick and choose, and compromise on some effects to enhance the others. I'll do some more driving and try and come up with a more detailed description of what I mean... it's kind of hard to put it into words!

For reference, I'll attach the file which feels best to me so far to this post.

I had exactly the same thing with the latest profiles. 76 is fine with no clipping, 77 is a clip fest! Weird.

I also found that if I put LFB to 0, I get clipping just turning to leave the garage on anything above ~60 Gain. Not that that really matters, since we've already established LFB should be at least 1.

The file I mentioned and was using earlier today is from before the update, so yes it does still work. It might be missing something because there are new editable values in the default FFB file which are not in the old, but it felt ok to me. It's the one attached.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Slapshot82

I thought this might be the case and that's why I've brought up the issues I've had today too.

Just gave the new file a try and I instantly felt familiar with the overall FFB feel when compared to the previous file that worked so well on the T300 (which I've been driving with for hours today without any tweaking!). The real track effects are really coming thru now, and this is happening without any unnatural spikes or wheel heaviness - so great job there guys!

I can second @shushkata above comment that while the scrub effect is felt under cornering just fine (using about 10 less FX than with the previous file to keep the scrub from creating the 'buzzing' effect), but at this point you basically lose all the scrub effects under braking, and I do mean just about all of it. Even dropping the clutch in first gear and lighting up the rears is barely felt once you have the FX balanced out for the cornering scrub effects.

If you set the FX based off the braking scrub effects though to where they feel good, the corner scrub goes crazy in the telemetry line, like it needs a significant amount of smoothing to stabilize (creating what I call the 'buzzing' feel), while the braking scrub effect doesn't do this. Lastly, there is a noticeable rattle/vibration that can be felt when driving down the straights, and I'm quite certain this is the engine vibrations being scaled up by the FX slider, as this effect doesn't seem to be related to the steering rack or road undulations. Again, this is only felt once the FX slider is tuned up high enough to feel the braking scrub effects with the new file, as the effect does balance itself out once the slider is scaled down to where the corner scrub effect feels good (and you can't feel the brake scrub effects).

I hope this helps!

10. Karsten Hvidberg

That is interesting.
    It is a different road effect than we use now, but might work better for certain wheel types or maybe it's a subjective matter.
    We can try and use that again with the other current stuff.
    We also need to see if the Lfb fix is good in general, only for some or not at all, since it impacts the Reiza provided scrub, so that seems to be felt more than we like.

Good night from here!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Karsten Hvidberg

Def. does,
    We will try and mix and match some things together and also there might be an issue of some very fx dependent variables that can be adjusted.

Just one thing: Does adjusting the new "detail_scale" to 0.0 help the feeling down the straights that you mention?

• Like Like x 1
  12. shushkata

shushkata New Member

I can confirm that this file is more informative of the car. In the latest profiles FX are really present, but some actual info got lost for the T300. I think that the wheel if overloaded with effects somehow. With the attached profile i can feel the braking scrub, cornering scrub is a bit lite for my taste but with more min_force it's distinguishable too. Can feel the car trying to rotate trough a corner. Immersion is less compared to the updated profiles, but information is better translated.
    I am sure that those low end wheels are lacking in fidelity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Slapshot82

These statements are true for my T300 as well. I basically keep my wheel on 75 Gain with these custom files, as it feels perfect and doesn't clip.

I'd recommend to try reducing your LFB if you're running 50 (or higher). If I run LFB above 40 I start to get the 'floating' sensation and feel disconnected from the car. I feel like a LFB of 35 is just about the perfect balance, as if I go too much below this things fall a flat and the effects are dulled down.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Slapshot82

I only have a minute - my kids want to go swimming this afternoon and it's getting late (and I need a beer!) - but I can confirm that changing the new "detail_scale" to 0.0 did indeed correct the issues down the straight and this is even true when the FX was set high enough to create the buzzing effect by the corner scrub.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

thank you to everyone who works to improve the ffb on ts-pc racer i have kept the last Karsten Hvidberg and the file posted by Goffik.
    the 2 works very well with my steering wheel I will test more to see the best for me

Karsten 55/10/40

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Karsten Hvidberg

Based on the feedback yesterday, here is an adjusted version trying to hit the marks.

Changes:
    * Relaxed the 1st stab a little too aggressive real road details.
    * Road speed fx changed to be more pronounced again.
    * Road fx simplified since real road details should take its place as much as possible.
    * Scrub at more conservative angles again.
    * Less clipping should occur on TX300 & others. Hopefully you can then turn the nobs up a little more to get more of other details.

Custom ffb file attached "Connecting the dots":

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 13
  17. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. shushkata

shushkata New Member

Thanks ! I really appreciate the time you guys put into this and also the custom support that goes along with it :) !!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten great file once more, the scrub is to perfection in my view, loving the road noise too and car weight, but I lost Kerbs. which parameter/s should I change to get a better response on that.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Karsten Hvidberg

HI Santas,

Do you have a specific kerb/car that you used to feel and now not?

• Like Like x 1