Simucube 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Forrestgump, May 20, 2020.

1. Forrestgump

Forrestgump New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi. Probably someone already asked the same but i just can't find it. So after a while i decided to give a go and see what was done in game and my simucube is impossible to calibrate. I spend two hours trying and I'm frustrated. I have product worth more than 1000 euros and it doesn't work in game. I'm wondering is it that hard to make that works properly. I remember at start it was a lot of issues but didn't expected that now. Thank you

2. turquaze

turquaze New Member

Hello, I have the same problem with you
    did you find a solution?

3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

What issues are you having exactly? Calibration works well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. turquaze

turquaze New Member

Gevatter, thank you for message.
    I have, SC 2 Ultimate.
    Steering seems to be overreacting and the vehicle immediately loses itself
    But, AC, ACC and iRacing I can play smoothly.
    Also, i have the latest version game
    Can you give me some sample settings?

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  5. Gevatter

My settings are in my signature. This is the link to my TrueDrive settings: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/upload_2020-4-30_0-26-41-png.5728/

When calibrating, be sure to get the scale to 100 in the first step, then in the second step turn your wheel far enough so the calibrated degrees of rotation matches exactly what you set in TrueDrive.

900° in both TrueDrive and AMS2 is recommended. You can go higher witch no benefit, but don't go lower. AMS2 will do the rest, like AC/ACC - all the cars will have their correct rotation, meaning you real life steeting wheel and the virtual one match their movements.

Also make sure to set steering sensitivity in-game to 50. If certain cars still steer too much for your taste, you can adjust steering angle in the car setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Hi! I cannot get my SC2 Pro to work with AMS. I can steer but I have no FFB at all. There is no way to load a profile in TrueDrive and your link above does not load.

Also, how do I set a custom resolution? I have 4K Triples but the game does not display properly.

Thanks!!

7. Gevatter

I updated the link, please check again.

In True Drive, on the profile page, youneed to click the Add Button to add a new profile, then choose any of the presets and go from there. Make sure you have High Torque Mode enabled and the E-Stop is released. Latest version is 2021.4_3

8. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Thanks - it says:

Reiza Studios Forum - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Also - if you know how I can set my Triples to 4K that would be great!

9. Gevatter

10. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Thanks I saved the screen shot.

The previous link was : https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/upload_2020-4-30_0-26-41-png.5728/

Cheers!

11. Gevatter

That's a veeery old link to a file I uploaded a year ago, but I edited my signature several times since then. I'll have to investigate that.

In game I'm currently using Default FFB, 35 Gain, 0 FX, 0 LFB and 15 Damper. Adjust Gain to taste of course according to how much you want the wheel to fight you. I'm currently experimenting with the FX settings, but that's basically personal taste anyways.

12. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Thanks - got it to work. I ran a test of AMS vs AMS2 using the Brazilian F3 on Brands Hatch. In AMS2, in TrueDrive I use a tweaked Project Cars 2 setting and in the game I have a custom NuScorpii Heavy Messing FFB config.

AMS2: good tyre scrub feel from slight understeer to a full lateral slide.
    AMS: no tyre scrub at all.

Do you know how to achieve tyre scrub feedback? I will check my SimHub telemetry later on to ensure that AMS is actually outputting tyre scrub - I would imagine that it is and I just don't know how to pull it out of the FFB.

Thanks.