1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features that PC2 does not have and we absolutely need in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by onufmi, May 28, 2020.

1. onufmi

onufmi New Member

1. Groups of random weather
    sometimes you want to have rain but you also want it to be a surprise. When you set your weather to exact intensity its less fun because you know exactly what will come. In real racing, rain is fun because you don't know if its gonna be light rain or something more. I would like to see an option called "rain with random intensity" or something like that. Group will have all the weather types with rain. The custom random group will be even better but I know that will be a bit harder to implement.

2. The host of private lobby can determine drivers starting position in races without qualification round
    This one would make the organization of amateur leagues easier. When the race weekend consists of Quali 1, Race 1 and then Race 2 with reverse grid, for example, we have to create a new lobby for Race 2. In hat new lobby positions get randomized and we have to sort it out during Lap1. We use lap 1 as manual formation lap with the ability to overtake.
    If they add the ability to sort the driver before the race it would be amazing. Im imaginings something like arrows up and down in a lobby screen. and using the same standings for the grid. I figured out this can be abused in online races when the greedy leader would position himself 1st. So I think this sorting option should be possible in private or password-protected races only.

3. Stat HUD for replays
    It would be nice to look at the replay, turn ON the HUD and see how badly damaged the car im looking at is. Fuel, tire compound, penalties.. yeah.

4. No automatic reset of a chase cam
    Everyone knows you can rotate the camera using Numpad. You can look at the car from any angle using a chase camera, but as soon as you start driving camera wants to go back behind the car. I know, I know. you want me to look at the road, but does it have to be same in replay? or when im watching other drivers? We should be able to set the angle and just watch. To reset the camera you can use Numpad 5.

I have over 800hours on PC2 and I plant to spend even more in AMS2. I hope Reiza will listen and add features like those to make better game than PC2 is.

2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am not we

If we get option 1 we need a weather forecast too
    option 2, only if I am in the same room as the guy who changed my position to make clear i disagree, you just need the option to organize a two stint race with reversed starting grid option, greedy leaders are not just in the public lobbies
    option 3 is fine for me, but i don't need it
    same with option 4, I never use a chase cam
    I replied because you used the words "we absolute need" but there is no absolute need for me, and i think AMS2 is already better than PC2

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Good physics.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I didnt as ive not moved from helmet cam ;)

5. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A small detail that never made it into PC2 was someone waving the chequered flag at the end of a race. I wouldn't say it was absolutely needed, but it would be nice to have.

• Like Like x 4
  6. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Online driver swaps.

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Random weather would be nice but not essential. As for the rest, I don't "need" any of them. There are far more important considerations before any of those should be added.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Like better shadows and reflection AA at night :p

• Like Like x 2