1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Certain Formula cars on ovals...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gabriel "Pai" Legnini, May 27, 2020.

1. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello, just signed up on the forums. Mainly an iRacing member, but have been user of Reiza titles for a decade, since the amazing Formula Armaroli mod for rFactor 1, and onwards :) loved AMS1, and was very excited for AMS2, really surprised by its fast development, it has improved a lot in my books since the first public early access release, the Stock Car V8 feels better and better.

With modding not supported anymore (understandable) I wonder if there is a chance of bringing at least a car of the great CART Extreme mod, done by people from Reiza, through some unlicensed name, like Formula Oval? Those cars were amazing to drive, and by far the best recreation of them in a sim, rF2 and AC's versions don't come even close. There isn't a proper experience of those cars with VR atm, and AMS2 would be the perfect platform for them. In an ideal world, a 1994 Pinsko P23 or a 1995 Rayna i95 would be ideal, but given that there is previous and excellent work in 98 cars... :)

Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Every game should feature CARTs.
    Although I must say, I do like the VRC 1998 CART mod for AC quite a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

VRC's mod is not bad. It just feels a bit...lifeless. Gets the general stuff more or less right, but somehow the car's brutal character is lost. Something that you totally feel in AMS's version. And seeing how well AMS2 is progressing, I would love to see Reiza have a go at them again :)

• Like Like x 1