1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFB after the latest update...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Simmo99x, May 26, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

FFB is pretty great on my CSWv2 at 75-100/18/50 after I turned off engine vibration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed @Simmo99x , one iteration previous was better in my humble opinion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the new default FFB, I tried some of the custom files but they add to much rumble and don't seam to hold track with what my cars are doing, as soon as i switch back to the Default FFB every thing feels and looks logic again. Thrustmaster TS-PC

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. F2020

F2020 Member

I've loaded up AMS2 now after the update and wow, no offence, to me it feels nowhere near as good as it did previously. I drive the old Gen F1 cars and they feel odd now, not sure whats happened but hope they change them to more like they were previously.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I felt this way since 8.2 or so to be honest, I was really enjoying old default

6. blanes

blanes Member

Feels weaker on my AccuForce V1 - seems diluted with no strong effects. Needs some sharpness rather than a rounded feel. Perhaps they have compressed the FFB. I wonder what the person programming the FFB uses as his/her test wheel ?

7. F2020

F2020 Member

Just had the latest update and its back to superb :) not sure what happened but nice one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

I thought so at first, but a few laps later and I just can't feel any center any more...
    Its like things that should not have been loosened up have been loosened up... No matter how fast I go in which car, there is a somewhat dead zone.
    This on a dd wheel...

9. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

On my Accuforce V2 this is also the same. I had been at the point of almost no input from simcommander software (SC4) to assist with FFB but now I have had to add in a lot of foundation and lat-G in the SC4 profile to regain feeling at the centre of the wheel.
    EDIT:
    Some new findings.
    Initial feel after updating was very light about the centre and a lot of grainy feeling and increased rattling from my wheel. I went through trying to fine tune as I have done with previous builds but did not seem to be able to improve the FFB. In desperation I turned off the wheel FFB in the SC4 profile but after doing this I found that the game was still using FFB when it should not have any.

I went to the SC4 games list and deleted the Automobiista 2 steam entry and then had SC4 auto detect games again for it to reinstall AMS2. I did not delete the profiles I had made but just needed to re-tell the profile what game the profile should be connected to. After doing this I could turn FFB on and off in SC4 and the game responded as expected.

I could now go about setting up the profile again which has led to two distinctive outcomes.
    1. SC4 with inputs that use no LFB or FX in game
    2. SC4 minimum input and using in game LFB & FX
    I find both very great to use and have trouble deciding between the two which I like best . Full profile details in the Accuforce Wheel Thread
    The dedicated Accuforce FFB Thread

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  10. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I have to say after the last update, the FFB seems to be back to normal for me, and i can actually turn the LFB/FX all the way down to 0 and literally feel everything perfectly, maybe FX at 50 and LFB max 10, but it justs feels great again.
    Cheers Reiza getting there now, i'd be happy with this at release...