1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 30, 2020.

1. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I agree with above. With jack spade FFB tweaking the drive in PC2 of a Group C at Spa or even better Lemans is just awesome and when you add day/night transition in the mix i dont see many Sims that can compete so yes Reiza please bring it on!

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Gabriel OF

Gabriel OF New Member

Good question, look at Mount Panorama been made from scratch while PC2 already has a great version of it. It would indeed be cool to know which content will be shared from SMS.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Let's hope so. But let's also not forget there are people whose negative reviews seem mostly based around the choice of game engine, so there's that as well.

That's true for those who are here on this forum or following the game on Steam (and actually *read* the announcements), but the majority of players won't fall into that category. And, to be completely honest, if I was buying a game that was touted as being v1.0 I would be pretty miffed if it turned out to be missing things left and right. This isn't so much about what Reiza is going to to deliver over time, but rather the expectations that - rightfully - come with a game leaving Early Access.

Why not? I'm not talking all of them of course, but why wouldn't a part of the player base be shared between these games and AMS2? Just because someone enjoys FPS games it doesn't mean they don't like a good game of chess, either. :D

True. Although I would still expect at least a few more weeks of bugfixing the AI before the game hits 1.0. Especially since the new algorithm for strength adjustment hasn't been implemented yet, and a big new feature like that is going to have bugs and issues no matter what.

Well, this certainly holds true for this friendly bunch of people here, but 'out there'? I dunno. After all, most people don't participate in discussions, read the development announcements or have a decent understanding of software development. This civilized bunch here is still the minority, and it doesn't even take that many disgruntled customers to tank the review score. Loud minority and all that. If every satisfied AMS2 customer left a short review I wouldn't be as worried. :cool:

Anyway, I hope things are going to be alright. Just wanted to add my two cents' worth to the discussion. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Took ACC over a year to really nail what they have ATM even after EA...Review's and alot of people where like nope refund half a year later most people picking it up again and really enjoying...But AMS2 has a way bigger field of car's and track's to deal with so may take a year or so for it to be good...I'm hoping it will be alot of people in grooup and other's i race with are sort of a the fence still we'll see this time next year :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

And KUNOS had the AC GT3 cars development base to use as reference to develop ACC so what Reiza is pulling here is amazing

Although i also give credit to KUNOS for taking the risk of UE4 engine use read challenge

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, I don't mind if Reiza ends up using the 962C from pcars 2 if Porsche license is coming.

It is essentially the same car unless you take some uncommon variant like the 962C in raceroom. So, why not reuse the same model. I hope these classes will have some friends, not too keen with solo car classes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Reiza cannot simply reuse something, because its compatible and still there.
    If they have the Porsche license they can buy the model and rights from SMS, thats true , but it depends how much they would have to pay for.

8. Kostis Vigos

Kostis Vigos Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Reiza! :hurrayreiza:

9. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

cool guys.. just cool!

10. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Question; will it be sufficient for someone to pick up one DLC car and join an online race that features several? I'm asking as games like Rf2 force you to own all the content which is featured when you are using DLC online, which is a bad move as it reduces the size of grids as people don't want to pick up 2 complete car packs just to join a GT3 event for example.

I remember PC2 only required you to own one car that was eligible, and you could use that to race online without needing to own every car on the grid, I hope Reiza goes this route as well.

Also great roadmap, very excited about the fantastic classic content that is coming to this title. But I also agree with the concerns about the audio getting left behind compared to the rest of the game. Last time I tried AMS2 the audio experience was still a bit underwhelming and engine sounds were kinda flat and one dimensional again, this aspect needs the most improvement still.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

The image published with the Montana shows the soccer stadium "Mané Garrincha" in the background, yes, that is in "Brasília" - so fingers crossed so that this, like other AMS1 tracks, is also on AMS2.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Eduardo

Eduardo New Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  13. Eduardo

Eduardo New Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

Brasilia:hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  14. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I remember way back someone saying that it probably would be like PC2

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. leobaruk13

leobaruk13 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pleeeeeeeeeese ovals!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!
    :p

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Cronos

Cronos New Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, man... Brasilia is coming!!! That's amazing!

Thanks, Reiza!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Chris Ground

Chris Ground Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds all like cool stuff as long as each content is thoroughly designed and balanced. And I am very positive REIZA will do that.

For me, I would already be super happy, if we could get the championship for StockCars with the real regulations. (2 race format with first 10 reverse grid....), as I basically bought GSC and all the followers because of this super interesting series.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Spa............

19. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I want AMS 2 to be a huge success and I do agree with others on this thread that you should delay version 1.0! Until all the polish is there, the GT3 cars are all there, online multiplayer fully fleshed out, career mode completed and great game pad controls are in place, you will lose the majority of the players who want a quality casual racing game, ready to play straight out of the box / those that loved PC2. We can look down our noses as sim racers at PC2, but it’s commercial success cannot be denied. I like many others, will purchase any DLC you put out, so I hope you guys can hold out. I think delaying 1.0, will bring a better long term gain and help AMS2 be a success to the casual gamer as well as the hard core sim racers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update. The content plans are really shaping up!

I love the idea of more street legal supercars too!