1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Ok, the latest also has the center fix, so comments on that would be great for your wheel as well.
    Might be too much or too little or just right.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried the latest version and im feeling a lot of info but i could be clipping.
    Anyone using G29 care to share ingame settings?

3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Sadly not here yet for me, been close then it all goes to hell, will get sorted in time, not too long I hope, aside from other persistent bugs

4. Karsten Hvidberg

Which issues are you having?
    If clipping maybe lower gain?

5. Bricktop

Bricktop New Member

@Alegunner68 Could you also post your wheel settings please? A friend with a csw2.5 is struggling to tune his ffb.

6. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

New update:
    And now time to enjoy some sun...

Edit: See here for latest file

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Wow man, that is sweet. Thanks heaps for doing this. I wonder if Reiza will use your method as Renato said we will be able to turn scrub off in the files. If so I hope it's as well put together like this.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

There's a number of differences between the Karsten and NuScorpii versions of this custom file which haven't been explained in the release notes. Are you guys still working from the same file or should we consider your releases as separate now?

• Like Like x 2
  9. NuScorpii

We're still on the same source. Most differences are just due to the control variables. Maybe it's because of line ending differences?

10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Hi Karsten thanks for asking, I was ref to reiaza settings not custom sry, (2 thread thing} I did try custom last week and it was better than stock so credit to you guys. I will be trying your latest and am sure it will also be better than stock, maybe later today. Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  11. Karsten Hvidberg

One improvement, other than the awesome selection of what to use, is the simpler approach to the details boost calc, where I had put it back to an older version bc the values had not been fine tuned in the newer yet(I had did not have time to do that at the time).
    They should be fine tuned to match better now, despite the different looking code. There is one fundamental difference we are examining: Whether it's better at "detail_window_size 2.0" or "detail_window_size 1.0". So feedback on that is def. appreciated too, in case anybody feels like it :)

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Nah, I'm having to compare differences by eye since comparing a Karsten & NuScorpii version in WinMerge results in the entire file, bar the very last line, highlighting in yellow! Been that way for the last few versions, though I don't know why since the actual differences are relatively few.

I'm about to fire up AMS 2 so I'll have a play and see how it feels.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

Bricktop & @Alegunner68 & anybody else that might care,

We are discussing whether it's preferable to have 1 file with just one value to pick between "high end dd"/"high end belt"/"belt"/"g-series" (can be easily made more specific, still by 1 value selection, if needed).
    Then from that value we have a set of defaults in the file underneath.
    Or you would prefer to have it split in separate files, everything the same, except the some values between those?

Either way it will make it possible for you to tweak & discuss what is important for the exact wheel type & post those changed values(or add other algos) so we can iteratively improve on those for each type, together. There is strength in 1 agreed "default" setup for each for any newcomer or people that don't want to spend further time fine-tuning more.

Thoughts?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. NuScorpii

I reposted the file with windows line endings CRLF so you should be able to use WinMerge now. There is an option in WinMerge not too compare line endings as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sen aut, ff 100, dri -2, for 100, brf 60, fei 50-60 everything else off.
    Driver 347, wb fw 664, motor 22.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think one file for simplicity's sake, but I'd like to mention that I don't want to get drawn into the endless search for ffb heaven, although saying that I don't think we're too far away thanks to you guys.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

One file I reckon. Easier to maintain, easier to understand, reduces the likelihood of people using the "wrong" file for their wheel.

I don't know what this value is supposed to do, which is probably good for testing since it'll help eliminate the placebo effect. I tried both the Sprintrace and FV12 and honestly didn't notice any difference between that value being 1.0 or 2.0. Is it something that would be better felt on DDs? Or maybe my hands just aren't sensitive enough. :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Karsten Hvidberg

Awesome thanks!
    & no worries, you decide that part of involvement, but your feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Also, this will make "lesser" involvement possible for people going forward that just want the right setup for their wheelbase.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

Thanks Goffik!

It impacts the size of details that are boosted & also has an added "lag effect" the higher you go on that number(you'd likely have to go much higher to feel the lag part, though).
    It is likely we won't really feel any difference between these 2 values, but some might.

Again, thanks a bunch for trying!

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Tassydevil

Tassydevil Member AMS2 Club Member

@NuScorpii and @Karsten Hvidberg

I have only just purchased Automobilista 2 last week and since then have been doing the usual things like going through the forum to get some help/ideas like we all do when getting a new sim.

I have been involved with sim racing for many years, since GPL days in fact, so that is more years than I care to remember Lol.

I have given rFactor2, AC, PC, Automobilista 1 and Beta all a go, perhaps rfactor2 more than the others and I have heard that this latest sim has a lot going for it. Indeed I have found it so.

An area I have been researching is the Force Feedback which I have found is improving as Reiza gives out releases.

I have been following your ffb custom settings and would really appreciate some help in understanding how I can insert these settings, and how these settings are activated in the sim.

Perhaps this is a ‘nob’ question which you may not have the time to assist me with, but I would appreciate if you could at least point me in the right direction for help.