1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Bricktop

Bricktop New Member

Thank you I will pass the info on

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bricktop

Bricktop New Member

It's nice and easy. In your mydocuments folder there will be an automobilista 2 folder. Replace the ffb_custom_settings file in there with the one attached in the thread. Then in the game settings swap the ffb setting from default to custom.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Funny in a way, as is this not what we all want?
    Only kidding and being facetious.:D
    I understand what you are saying, I am one of those people, I do not want to spend time adjusting FFB, all I want is “the right setup for my wheelbase” and enjoy driving my SIM(s)

And to the other question: 1 file.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bricktop

Bricktop New Member

That sounds like a really good idea. 1 file for all sounds perfect to me.

5. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

I don't think the one file approach will work. This is a very simple script language so at most you could support two sets of variables and it would be messy and hard for people to tweak themselves.

If we are going to supply multiple files it will be much better to have different folders with the different versions.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

I think we could use 1.0 / 0.0 for each wheel type.
    Then we simply multiply that on each sections default value on assigning to the used values, or something similar.

You don't think so?

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

How many versions do you guys think are needed anyway? I mean, the current profile clearly feels good to you on your DDs, and also feels great to me on a T300 with no file tweaks whatsoever. Those wheel types are chalk and cheese.

It seems to me that people with different wheel bases simply need to get their in-game sliders dialled in correctly, rather than a different file for every wheel type being needed. I know there are lots of people out there that want/expect things to just "work", but there comes a time when you need to put some effort in yourself instead of expecting others to do it for you.

TLDR; I personally feel that multiple files... or even a single "wheelbase" option within a single file... is a waste of time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

I agree, mostly.
    But this way we could set the values so it works well at 50 fx and 50 Lfb for each type of wheel. Might not be so easy for the Lfb, but for fx should be simple.
    That would make setting fx and Lfb in game to a good place very simple and allow most room for adjustments for each type.

Just a thought. I agree this might be just too much for how few we are to use it.

If we do it we could limit to only if a person requests for a type and supplies the values.

Ok, I'm almost just deleting this post since I'm facing the big, fat rabbit! Sorry guys! o_O

• Like Like x 1
  9. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure I got the idea right, but one file would simplify things and then have an off-script part in it with recommendations to different wheels, but likes been said before if guys are going to be releasing 3 to 5 files per update or week it makes very little difference.
    Either way, I will try to help on the feedback front whenever I'm available!

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Who makes that decision though? You only have to take a look at the myriad of different in-game settings people are using on the same wheels (both default FFB and custom) to see that "optimum" settings are very subjective. You'd only be perfecting your FFB for those who bother to give feedback, which is likely a very small percentage of those actually downloading the profile.

I think @F.Santos had the better idea. Give some "popular" in-game settings per wheel type in the blurb at the top of the file, mentioning that they're a starting point rather than a necessity. Let people figure out their own best setup from there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

G27 here, using Karsten file 'Resurrection'.
    in game gain 90, lfb 80/82, fx 41/42.
    @Karsten Hvidberg , what a great file! thanks

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Steve D

Steve D New Member

@Karsten Hvidberg @NuScorpii

'Resurrection' upped the ante' even more for me and that's saying something as I was more than happy before. Keep telling myself not to experiment further when you release a new file but I can't resist and each time you do, you 'raise the bar' just a little more, even if the difference is extremely subtle. (DD SC1 user with in game 45/25/50)

The Caterhams feel epic and there is so much communication through the FFB that I simply can't stay away from them. In fact, I've hardly touched ACC and RF2 for over a week now and I love both of those sims and that's testament to your considerable efforts with these custom files.

Thanks fellas!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Christiaan's Pure FFB uses 3 files: Direct Drive wheels:, Belt driven wheels and Gear driven wheels
    it works well for the same Custom file application in PCars2. Just a thought.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried a few of the latest files and I think we're almost there for MY wheel.
    I'm torn between 'resurrection' and 'it's in the details'.
    The next big step for me would be the load under braking improvement.
    @Karsten Hvidberg and @NuScorpii hats off to you.
    This thread is four pages long already..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sticking with the previous "its in the details", I honestly cannot notice a problem or a big difference with the centring, but the previous had more detail overall, and more straight forward to tune to my liking.
    Definitely a big step if we can have the car load under braking and accel.

• Like Like x 3
  16. GEEDOGG04

GEEDOGG04 New Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

WOW my G29 suddenly feels like a higher spec wheel, thanks a lot @NBrembo for setingsand also @Karsten Hvidberg for the great file.

While i really like the new default FFB this is picking up a lot more things i was missing in the default.
    Ive literally spent the weekend on Jerez track trying all cars and settings and this feels fantastic now.
    I can really feel the limits of the cars.
    I only wish i had a fb clipping app or ingame feature to keep an eye on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Marcin

Marcin Member

Are you not using the new beta driver or the 347 works better?

19. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Geedogg,

My settings are here:

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

But my in-game settings have changed a little since "Resurrection" & I now run FX at 75% & LFB at 25.
    This setting I currently use with the latest version where you can select features on/off more easily.

Try that with Ultima GTR Race car on Donington & then switch between default and custom. Notice the center difference! (And everything else too) :) (Switch between default & custom a few times for fun & notice the center difference even more!). I really like the many other enhancements that's in there(most of all SCRUB), but the center diff has been my biggest issue for a few weeks now & just so happy it's fixed by these settings.

At those settings in TD & in-game it just feels GREAT for me now!

Cheers!

20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm using the xbox universal hub and only two buttons work with the beta driver apparantly!