1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Telemetry HUD.

FFB Widget.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Marcin

Marcin Member

Ohh OK. I have mclaren gt3 wheel and all working fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

By the way, if your wheel has a d-pad, press DOWN while using the Telemetry HUD and it will cycle the widgets. In other words, you can drive with just the FFB monitor and inputs showing, without the massive tyre widgets in your face. For whatever reason this binding isn't listed anywhere, nor is it configurable.

• Informative Informative x 10
  4. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

That would be great but down for me is assigned to pit limiter :(

But I did not know this, really useful!

• Like Like x 1
  5. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The (engine_enhance 1.0) is inverted, 0.0 enables and 0.1 disables it.
    Other than that, awesome file, the kerb feel on this one is realistic with earlier versions of you and Karsten and the rest is well balanced.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mine's assigned to seat adjustment. What's the default assignment for down? Is it the ICM?

7. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On the BMW wheel is the right analogue, you push either left or right cant remember now.

8. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed earlier when driving the super v8 around Brands that the ffb goes dead as it loads up in the compression on the way to Druids. Only briefly and it doesn't show any clipping, it also happens using the default profile.
    It does load up pretty massively there though, and it's a big lump of a car.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Wonderful user-friendly improvement!!

Guys, it took a long time, but we achieved a separate thread to reduce confusion. Can we do step 2 more quickly? Step 2 = always putting the latest, greatest file with notes in the first post of the thread :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. josemirr93

josemirr93 New Member

Hey guys! I've come back to the game today, because I couldn't drive last days. Last versión I tested was V0.8.7.1 and the New Default felt so great on my T150. Its was incredible. Today, before playing again, I bought the Season Pass.

When I launched the game and I drove the first laps I was very dissapointed. The Default FFB is a big step back for me, I've lost a lot of feels. I spent 80 euros today on the game, so I wasn't very happy. I was worried, so I came here to see if I can share my problems, and I saw this post.

Can anyone tell me how can I change the ffb_custom_settings? I don't have any clue. In fact, I don't know what value I have to change for enable it (can you tell me?). I'm going to try some of your solutions, but is there any guide for noobs like me?

Thanks in advance!

11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Oh right... is that by default?

Even if not, that's the problem... if you rebind d-pad down then you lose this function until you reset your controller settings! If you're setting up a custom controller you never get it, since you can't assign it. Can't be done manually either, since the controller file isn't human-readable. Some bright spark might be able to figure something out though.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

First spend 5 minutes configuring the existing FFB sliders. The settings are not the same that will feel best compared to the earlier version. You can also read what others with the same wheel are successfully using.

13. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

We can do that, but I think it's a great spice that comments can flow after a post of a file and that people naturally will see the comments, when looking for the latest files. Maybe somebody else posted some fun or incredible file to try?

Also nobody wants to control the thread. If somebody's got a great ffb file and posts it, it would be lost if people just always visit that header.

I know I happened to post the thread but I don't feel any urge to control it in any shape or form. I'm simply here to have fun modding custom ffb files with everybody else that are doing the same. Likewise I would like that if/when I don't post any longer, people just continue without me or @NuScorpii or anybody without any issues of access to control header stuff or whatever.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess to find the latest file you start with the last post and work backwards, works for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

G29
    Just loaded your latest, standard test for Sigma Pi rain and thunder Kayalami H, sure you gents wont be surprised to hear a big thanks from me, Only done a couple of laps Loads more info from just being parked wheel weight to esp wet aquaplane and puddle drag effects TIP TOP. Not even fiddled with settings yet from, 90/80/42
    Thanks and regards
    Dave

16. Karsten Hvidberg

Thanks for noticing!

Here's the patch, with a little more control and tweaks:

* Fixed "engine_enhance" that was inverted.
    * Using static values for details that should better fit details only.
    * "center_enhance" introduced to enable/disable center issue fix.

Custom ffb file "Great Power Means More Control":

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good night, a few days of being busy and testing the new default and I've got a LOT of catching up to do now! :eek:

@Karsten Hvidberg I do think adding a note or link on how to use the custom files in the opening post will keep this same question needing to be answered over and again, which I'm seeing is already happening here, and did so numerous times in the previous thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Karsten Hvidberg

Good point!
    Will try to do so tomorrow.

Any other suggestions for that post are welcome as well.
    If anybody knows if write access can be given to more people for that 1st post, please post me too.

Good night!

• Like Like x 1
  19. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think a user guide in the first post would be very much appreciated by most of us here (it was the lack of a guide that did for PC1 FFB as it had many parameters adjustable in game already), and then instructions as to where to find the latest custom files would be helpful for new users coming in cold. Thanks for all your time and effort on this guys :D.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Tassydevil

Tassydevil Member AMS2 Club Member

@Bricktop Thank you for your help concerning how to insert the ffb custom settings.

@Karsten Hvidberg I used the following file from your file below and it is just what I was looking for. No doubt I will keep researching for other gems but I suppose I should stop sometime.

Use Gain 67/ lfb 49/ fx 52. I am adjusting these carefully.

@John Hargreaves I agree with your post concerning a user guide.

• Like Like x 1