1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Matías Corvino

Matías Corvino New Member

Hi guys, there's an important part of the game I would like to discuss with other people. The rain. Or rather, the general grip on a wet track. Has anyone felt that there is too much grip with wet tires? I have the sensation that cars are in general quite forgiving, and that characteristic is more pronounced on a rainy track. Of course, on the initial moments of the session track hasn't got absolutely wet, but as the time progresses the track gets wetter, puddles appear, the tires start to wear but the grip is ok.
    I feel like the slicks on rain are more representative about the dynamics of a racing car on a wet track. (I have raced karts quite a lot of years, and experienced a lot of rain races. I won't compare the karts because IMO they do not feel not even close to the rest of the content)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yesterday I was driving the Ultima GTR at Imola 1972 under rain (with wet tires) and I did not have the impression there was too much grip. Far from it. The grip seems to vary with how wet the track is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the grip varies from track to track, or perhaps the class/track combo. Whatever it is, sometimes it's all I can do to keep the rear at bay.

4. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

The physics in general are far too forgiving.

5. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

while sliding into a turn at 60kmh in some other games is great :)

6. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Try it with the 90s F1 cars. It's a skating rink. The car just goes everywhere.

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Seems to car dependent rather than track depended. In the Roco at Imola, I was having a very hard time not locking under braking, and understeering like crazy in the rain. Same track, same conditions in the SprintRace, and I had no problems at all. Almost felt like it was dry... almost.

8. Matías Corvino

Matías Corvino New Member

Thanks for the data, it looks like it's dependant on track-car combos, So it is a case of fine tuning of the data. I'll try the cars mentioned, I tried the different Metalmoro MRX's on the rain, and they feel pretty stable. Same for the Opala 79 and Dallara F309.