1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. ohyeah2389

ohyeah2389 It's The Little Things

This is because you have used up all your legally allowed energy for the lap. This does not make much sense for the 2019 F1 (FUlti (and FExt?)) cars due to the weird implementation of ERS, but makes perfect sense for the 2013 F1 (FReiza) cars with the KERS system, in which you are allotted 7 seconds of "boost" per lap. The car can generate more than that, but you are only allowed to use 7 seconds of it. The confusion comes from the horrible UI implementation that doesn't allow us to see how much of our allotted time we have used up, instead we can only see the charge the car has at that point, which may be more or less than the allotted time. But for the 2019 cars none of that applies, as the ERS is not manually deployable (or at least it shouldn't be) in those cars, and there is no "7 second" limit.

2. Clippy2020

Clippy2020 New Member

Thanks a lot for that insight. Is there any way to manage the deployment manually?

3. ohyeah2389

Not that I know of in-game, but in the real cars as well as in the RSS mod for AC and the F1 games you can choose the level of deployment (low, high, hotlap, charge, etc.). Hopefully we get something like that.

4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

same problem here
    no chance to steer straight or left
    Karts aren't useable anymore

5. ohyeah2389

I am not getting this. All karts and all tracks in time trial mode are perfectly usable.

6. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A screenshot would help understanding your point....

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

It's a bug report, not a vote. If Reiza agree they'll change it. If not then they won't. If you have the game anyway, look for yourself and decide.

Personally, I find all the reflections annoying as hell in VR but that's another story.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: Any car
    Applicable Settings: Race long enough to allow you to pit and switch to AI teammate and then switch back
    Report: Tire wear has no impact on players car. AI tires wear dramatically faster than player tires. This causes AI opponents to pit more frequently than they need to, and AI teammate are impacted by tire wear much more than players are. This causes them to slow down massively due to excessive tire wear.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive full fuel stint in any car. When you come in for a pit stop take note of tire wear, change tires regardless or wear so AI teammate has fresh rubber, and keep track of AI teammates tire wear as they complete their stint. Their tires will fade much faster and their lap times will become much slower. When AI teammate comes in to pit keep their super worn tires on and check the drivability of your car. It should feel no different than fresh rubber.

9. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: Any car that allows fuel strategy
    Applicable Settings: Test day works
    Report: There is no performance difference or fuel usage difference between fuel options. Fuel saving has the same results as high performance fuel options
    Steps to reproduce: Run laps with fuel saving and non fuel saving options and take note of fuel usage per lap and lap times.

10. alink

maybe a FFB issue because the 'real steering wheel' (in my case a T150) is rotating with full FFB strengh to the right and stays there. It doesn't rotate only 90° as the 'kart steering' normaly can
    Don't know if it also will happen in time trial, but in free practice it does.

11. Koala63

Koala63 Member

Build: 9.5.1
    Track & Layout Used: Brands
    Car Used: Formula Vintage G1M1
    Applicable Settings: Light cloud
    Report: VR re-centre view jumps to about 1m outside vehicle in cockpit view only when returned to the Pit Garage after a crash into the wall. Fixed by deleting Automobilista 2 folder in User Docs and resetting EVERYTHING.... yet again. :(
    Steps to reproduce
    : Fail in a corner at high speed. Hit wall. Return to Pit Garage. NB. Random bug - happened twice in about 4 hours of 9.5.1 play

NB. Also have the hard right steering lock bug occasionally, which is usually fixed by game restart. Like the VR centering bug its random and occassional.

PS. Been running EA since release playing exclusively in VR without any other problems.

12. kagurazakayukari

kagurazakayukari Member

By now the F-U battery charging working pretty decent, but not energy usage. Maybe it is complicated, I will explain them simplyfied.

The MGU-H is for reducing turbo lag when accelerating and charging battery by carrying extra heat from turbo air through inside when turbo spinning and braking.

However, the MGU-K in modern F1 actually provide maximum output of 120kW power and maximum of 4MJ energy per lap (which is about 33.3 second in maximum output condition), or provide less power for more time usage, or only charging (maximum 2MJ per lap from rear axle wired brake system). so we need to control that or just let Reiza programing it by track. And there should be a "overtake" button providing maximum power from MGU-K which overrided the automatic deploy.

In my opinion, what we also need is 2 gauges, one for battery, one for output volume atm in that lap, at least second one.
    ers_energy_flow_chart.gif

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Have had the same issue with the Caterham academy at Donnington ( G920 ) on a few occasions now , have you been using a custom ffb file by any chance ? I have and am wondering if it's playing a part in the issue .

14. alink

no, I use the default FFB setting.
    In earlier game versions I didn't have this issue, wether with karts nor with Carterham (don't know if I have this issue now, haven't tried it).
    Also it seems that not everybody has this problem. Maybe deleting the AMS2 - folder in"..\documents\" may help, will try it tomorrow

15. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Yes that may help , worth a try .

16. alink

please give me your experience, thanks

17. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

The steering hard one way has been happening with me since first early access with various cars/combos, and only having used default FFB.

Only very recently have I used custom FFB, and I have had the issue once as yet with the superkart.

I always delete the whole game/all folders between versions too.

18. alink

I just deleted '\documents\folder' and did a reconfiguration of everything.
    Then I took Formel Vee to race weekend in Guapore, everything was fine as expected. Then, suddenly on the main straight, steering wheel pulls with full force to the right. It wasn't a spuspension failure, it was the FFB. Tried different FFB setting, setting 'gain' to 0 'solved' issue. Setting 'gain' back to 100, same problem.
    Next step, setting from 'DEFAULT' to 'CUSTOM' and see, issue is solved. Setting back to default, same again. Back to custom, everything is fine!

It seems there is an issue with default FFB setting which isn't depending on car and can occur suddenly.

BTW, after deleting documents-folder, it seems that FPS-performance is better, I'm currently racing at Guapore in rain and thunderstorm with random weather and never had so good FPS in rain or changing weather when several FPS were lost till weather was stable again. And as I think, I set the same graphical settings as before with a higher AA-setting (8x instead of 4x). Did someone the same experience?

19. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 V0.9.5.1
    Track & Layout Used: Cascavel
    Car Used: P4 MRX DURATEC; P3 MRX HONDA; P3 MRX DURATEC TURBO;
    Applicable Settings: RACE at 0:00
    Report: Weird "lens flares" from AI brake lights.
    Exterior Sun flare and interior Sun flare are both disabled.

Attached Files:

• fL.jpg
      fL.jpg
      File size:
      459.9 KB
      Views:
  20. Dibbdroid

Dibbdroid Member

Automobilista 2 V0.9.5.1
    Track & Layout Used: Interlagos, Adelaide 88 (so far)
    Car Used: V10
    Applicable Settings: Test Day, Race Weekend, Multiplayer
    Report: In pit lane at Interlagos, taking the first left mthe FFB/Wheel calibration fails by pulling to the right. The effect can right itself immediately or after a few minutes. At Adelaide t occurs at last part of pit exit

This is across a few players using Fanatec Clubsport V1, Fanatec Clubsport V2.5, Fanatec CSR Elite