1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi can you share your custom FFB file if possible? Thanks

2. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure, there's no change to the original other than stationary engine noise and enabled CSW.
    If you are on the CSW2.5 and wants to try my settings:
    on-wheel = FFB100,Force100,drift -2 and FEI100
    in-game = 70.65.75

I hope it helps!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Marcin

Marcin Member

Great yes I'm on CSW 2.5 I will give a go this weekend. Do you keep rest off in fanatec wheel i mean damper spring etc.? Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. F.Santos

I'm using the recommended Fanatec for AMS1 since the physics in AMS2 are trying to replicate it from AMS1:

Tuning Menu Settings:
    SEN AUT
    FF 100(45 recommended on the website)
    SHO 100
    ABS User Preference (have my at 80)
    FOR 100
    SPR 100*
    DPR 100*
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 100

*SPR and DPR values have no effect. (apparently! kept them at 100 anyway)

In-game is quite different, but have a look it might help you find the best settings for your liking.
    Automobilista (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

• Like Like x 2
  5. Marcin

Marcin Member

Thanks. Will try those.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been a bit under the weather so to speak the past few days, but in the process I found this video from Niels which does an amazing job explaining the steering forces that are factored into the FFB for AMS. I highly recommend giving this a watch (and take notes!) for anyone who is using the Custom profile. This took my FFB understanding to a whole new level, for sure!

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. brss39

brss39 New Member

I read lots of thing here and getting confuse. What are the best files for feeling realistic in AMS 2 and what are the best settings in game related the file ?
    I know the best settings are different for everyone but I want to feel realistic.
    Therefore could you suggest me the best combo ? I mean file and related game settings values ?
    Thank you for your hard works.
    **for g29 wheel btw

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

To avoid confusion, just use the latest file which you can find in post #3 of this thread. It's really not worth trying to figure out which file is which if you're new to this discussion. I've lost track and I've been here from the start.

Put the file in My Documents/Automobilista 2, overwriting when prompted. Open the file, and change (wheeltype_g25_g27_g920 0.0) to (wheeltype_g25_g27_g920 1.0). Now fire up the game, go to a practice session, and adjust the in-game FFB sliders to suit your preferences. If you use the search function on this thread for "G920" you will find some settings others are using.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Update:

* Fix and improved "wheels on road detection". Bug prevented some effects in 4 prior versions & it is much more precise now.
    * Lesser road effects when fewer wheels on the road.
    * Lesser scrub effect when fewer wheels on the road.

Custom ffb file attached "Deliverance":

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. F.Santos

Nice touch with CSW settings:cool::D Gonna try this new one tomorrow, sounds promising!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Slapshot82

Okay guys, I've been testing the "More Equals" file for hours today and I think I've found some of the issue I'm having with these new files with the T300, but I'm going to need some help to figure this out. With the way the files are set up with the "enhancements" and now "overrides", I'm not quite sure where to tweak individual settings any longer. :confused:

My intentions now and from this point forward is to help create a solid baseline for the T300 that works with a broad range of cars now that the file will have options for specific wheel types at a baseline setting of 70-80/50/50 in-game (if possible). I'm starting off with cars' with lighter steering and this has finally helped me find something I've missed while driving practically nothing but the GT cars with these new files.

For starters, I've been selecting the T300 override this past week. This currently looks to only alter the "road_fx" from (0.2) to (0.4). It looks like this setting possibly has some relation to the "road_rumble_fx" enhancement as well, so info here would be much appreciated. The wheel seems to feel quite different with the override, but this was difficult to narrow down, which will be better understood as I go forward.

In the file, with no wheel overrides and no experimental enhancements selected, but all other enhancements enabled, I've come to realize that the T300 is simply being overwhelmed with feedback! This is especially noticeable on the straights in high down force cars - the motor is creating a literal humming noise due to the amount of details coming thru the wheel! :eek:

After realizing this, I turned off all enhancements, which eliminated the humming and details overload significantly. Trying one enhancement at a time, I've narrowed it down that the kerb & both road enhancements all have an effect on this occurring. The humming does not occur in the Default profile. Yes, we made progress! :D Sadly, the Default profile feels much better than the Custom in the Roco on the T300. :mad:

Then I noticed something else, and I think this is might the underlying problem with the T300 (I hope!) - with ALL enhancements disabled, and with in-game settings of 68/50/50 in the Roco, I was clipping quite significantly! I had to reduce LFB to 35-40 to eliminate the clipping. This was NOT happening in the files prior to the enhancement/overrides being added. Even without enhancements, the medium to large bumps are coming thru too strong, I think.

Is it possible that there is something in the file in relation to the LFB that could be causing all the enhancements to scale up improperly for the T300? I could be wrong, but I feel like there is something here that I need to get right before spending more time trying to balance things out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I find your discoveries on the T300 a bit confusing because I am not seeing the same thing on my wheel. I don't get any "buzzing" from my wheel being overwhelmed by effects, nor does the Roco (one of my favourite cars) feel better on the default profile... feels far better on the custom, just like everything else. I also have no issues with clipping in most cars, with in-game settings of 80/50/50 and no changes to any settings in the custom file.

I don't really understand how our experiences can be so different on the same wheel. User preference perhaps? Who knows. It also underlines why I was against individual wheel settings. If two people report two totally different experiences for the same wheel, who's preferences do the guys tweak the profile to?

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Slapshot82

User preference will always differ to a certain extent, but it certainly isn't always the answer. The humming is both audible and felt through the wheel, due to the overwhelming amount of details being output in the feedback. This can be seen in the telemetry and it's creating a constant fine road noise/vibration to such an extent that I can audibly hear the motor in the wheel base humming.

I've attached the file with no changes from my last run when I made the last post - only Center and Scrub enhancements are enabled, with a small tweak to the scrub scale values. Can you test the Roco at Adelaide with 70/50/50 and see if you are clipping so we can have a direct comparison? My TM profile is the Default 75/100/100/100/100 with 1080 degrees of rotation.

Attached Files:

14. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey SlapShot,

In the custom ffb file we do apply LFB differently than in the Default, you are very correct.
    This is so the effects are LFB'ed no matter the rack force, which does lead to a difference for how much FX, LFB & Gain you can use in custom vs default profile.
    So if you clip you will have to go lower on gain or fx, depending if you feel the balance between effects & rack is good, then go down on "gain" or if you feel you can go lower on effects vs rack, then go lower on the fx slider.

The effects that the "FX" slider controls are: Scrub, kerbs, road rumble, engine noise.

Again: You are fully correct the custom ffb applies LFB in a way that adds more force than default :)

Maybe this helps?

Cheers

15. Slapshot82

@Karsten Hvidberg Thanks for the reply and that does indeed help! I thought this was the case with the LFB and this is why I decided to try to build a baseline around a LFB of 50, where I personally feel that the wheel feels better at a LFB of 35. I've noticed the other T300 users tend to run LFB at 50 though. I've basically kept my FX locked at 50, so I'll try to lower there instead and see if this balances things out a bit better.

The interesting thing with the Thrustmaster wheels is that it is highly recommended to set the TM profile at it's default setting and do all the tweaking inside the game settings. Setting the Gain in the TM profile at 75 is the same as 100 Gain for a Fanatec wheel, which is where I keep mine locked permanently. You can't do all of the fine tuning with the wheel base on the T300 like you can on a Fanatec or DD wheel.

16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

FWIW, using the latest Deliverance, tried Roco @ Adelaide. I find 70/50/50 bit light and reverted to my previous 80-85/55/50, and get no clipping. Though the Roco appears heavier than other cars (ex. SC). Perhaps very minute red bar at the last bar, but the horizontal bar never reached close to the end (right-most).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  17. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

When a specific wheel type is selected within the custom file can the individual forces still be adjusted ? ie road rumble FX
    If so this could help your cause possibly , I have a g920 and know where you are coming from , the road rumble / pebbles feels over enhanced but the kerbs feel just right .

18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I didn't say that personal preference was the answer. I said that I am not getting this "buzzing" you are apparently getting. My wheel gives no feeling that it is being "overwhelmed" with forces. I can't explain why you are getting that and I'm not.

My comment regarding personal preferences was that if this custom profile is adjusted for T300s based on your feedback it will be wrong for me. If it is adjusted based on my feedback it will be wrong for you. If it's adjusted for Person 3's feedback it could be wrong for both of us.

Which is why I've been advocating a simplified file with descriptions which the end-user adjusts for their own preferences, rather than trying to come up with "ideal" settings for each wheel. FFB just doesn't work that way... there is no "one size fits all".

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

'Deliverence' is feeling really good on my (pretty new) CSL Elite (PS4).

I'm using the following settings:
    Wheel: Sen: auto, FF:100, Sho: 100, ABS: Off, Dri: -2, For: 100, Spr: 100, Dpr: 100, FEI: 70,
    In game: 80/70/65

As well as setting my wheel type in the file, I made the following adjustments:

(scrub_scale_front 1.6)
    (road_fx (if wheeltype_csw_csl 0.3 road_fx))

Things I feel could by slightly improved (maybe someone could offer me some pointers here as to what adjustments I could make...?):

-The road feel is slightly harsh / metallic.
    -This could be my imagination, but when racing at Donnington GP, the feeling of the car going light due to the weight transfer downhill at Craner Curves seems to be not as pronounced as previous 'More Equals' file.

Again, thanks to everyone involved in contributing to the creation of these files -including testing and giving feedback, you really are taking the game to the next level.

EDIT: I have been testing today solely F309 at Donnington GP.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

Probably reduce Fei... max 50...

• Like Like x 1