1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Track: Imola
    Car: Sprint race/Probably others apply too.
    Settings: Single race with A.I.
    Report: A lot of the kerbs seem to be missing audio cues.
    Report 2: Seems the lights/penalty at race start need adjustment too, able to set off slightly before green.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Instead of giving you a severe penalty for a jump start, they took away the curb sound? ;)

Seriously, where was the penalty?

Is it all versions of Imola and which curbs? It's not obviously apparent in the video where there are proper curb sounds as far as I bothered to watch.

3. TekNeil

Whoops, whichever version is listed simply as Imola. Not at the gaming rig just now (3:40am)
    Imola.PNG
    Does seem the lights/penalty need some adjustment, I'll add that into the report above, probably call it a day with Youtube too. More work/time than it's worth TBH.

4. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

The Penalty system needs removing/replacing with something similar to ACC or I racing, otherwise people are going to start going banana's as it's been faulty since Pcars 1 and that's at least 5 years.
    If anything is urgent on the to do list this really needs looking at ...
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 V0.9.5.1
    Track & Layout Used: Jacarepagua
    Car Used: Classic G1M2
    Applicable Settings: Test Day,
    Report: In pits, switched with my (real) h-pattern shifter into neutral. When pit stop finished, car automatically switched into 1st gear and engine stalled
    Step to reproduce: do a pit stop

6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 V0.9.5.1
    Track & Layout Used: Jacarepagua
    Car Used: Classic G1M2
    Applicable Settings: Test Day,
    Report: after crash front left wheel was lost. This was (graphical) never replaced
    Step to reproduce: do a crash and loose a wheel ss144055.jpg

7. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 V0.9.5
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Classic GT5, GTUltima
    Applicable Settings: Race - VR
    Report: Number of laps (lap count) not being displayed in the onboard digital display of cars.
    Step to reproduce: Race with GT5 at Cascavel (15min), GtUltima at Imola 2001(15min) in VR.

8. TekNeil

Track & Layout Used: Snetterton 300
    Car Used: Stock car
    Applicable Settings: 14 A.I race, 4 laps, clear weather, all default.
    Report: Race finished, cool down lap done, pitted and the game crashed with the bugsplat error reporting.
    Was gutted, as it was an awesome race but never got to see the exterior view/record it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TekNeil

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: N/A
    Applicable Settings: Any race, any settings.
    Report: Using a G29, every time I start the game and jump into any race. My brake pedal is noticeably over sensitive. I have to recalibrate it. And just doing it once doesn't fix the issue. I have to recalibrate twice in a row, pushing very hard on the brake pedal each time.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  10. Marc Collins

This has been an ongoing issue for some wheels and some pedals since day 1.

Are you using the Telemetry screen pedal input to verify the situation? If not, and you can take a video of the problem in action, it would be very helpful to do so.

In my case, my brake is always "fully depressed" when I enter a session, even though I am not physically touching the wheel. That almost always clears when I engage a gear, but not 100% of the time. In the latest version I was suddenly also having problems with the clutch and accelerator (first time for that).

Dead zones can affect this. I ran AMS 2 with no dead zones set for months, but if I added a tiny amount (1 or 2 on the slider), it made some of the problems go away (but not the "reverse brake" status, which is probably by design so your car doesn't roll in the pit garage).

The last thing to try after confirming the original bad behaviour on the Telemetry screen is counter-intuitive. I decided last time to skip the pedal configuration step. You must configure the steering to get the proper auto-rotation functionality in each car, but try deleting your AMS 2 folder in documents (or just the specific controller file if you know where that is) and while you are reassigning all the inputs for your pedals, etc., just don't bother to go back to the pedal calibration step. See what happens. My pedals are working as well or better when I do that.

Logically, calibrating twice should make no difference, yet we know from PC 2 that a bunch of people were doing it and it seems to have some effect here. But I'd love to see exactly what is happening with the pedal input when the problem is happening (what shape is it following--sensitivity at 100, or is it just random?). And, curious to see what happens if we by-pass the supposedly problematic calibration routine.

11. TekNeil

Yeah, confirmed with telemetry screen. If I don't calibrate twice, I barely touch the pedal and the input is at 100%. Calibrate twice (Pushing as hard as possible each time), and then the telemetry screen works in a much (Massively obvious) more linear input to the pedal. I have to press as hard as I calibrated at to hit 100% input. (Feels great once done, as great as logitech can of course)

One thing that 'sometimes' works, is when first turning on the PC, quickly pressing all three pedals individually before the G29 has done its spinning. That used to work every time on PC2, but weirdly random with AMS2.

12. Marc Collins

Yes making sure the pedals have been fully depressed BEFORE starting AMS 2 (i.e., Windows has registered the full input range) may also help. Have you tried that and it only helps if you do it precisely while the G is initializing?

13. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Just been racing the Sprint at Kyalamy, both tracks. Get too close the the car in front, we are talking very close, the car in front goes off the track and the driver of that car said they heard a crunch like i had ran into them even though i had not. Happened twice and this used to be a problem a while back

14. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

Track & Layout Used: all tracks when hosting a race
    Car Used: all cars
    Applicable Settings: hosting
    Report: When you join a server, your game inherit all the setting of the server. Later when you want to host a race in you PC all your previous configuration settings changed.
    Steps to reproduce: join a server, then host a race by your own

15. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: not applicable
    Car Used: not applicable
    Applicable Settings: Running the game at maximum settings with V-Sync Off / 1440p / 165hz display / gigabyte 2080ti wind force
    Report: As soon as the game boot up and I get to the menus, the frame rate skyrockets to over 800 fps and my GPU goes high making the classic coil whine noise.

It would be cool if we get an fps limiter for the menus, like the new CoD: MW. So we can make it run 30/60 fps and doesn't push the GPUs so hard in the menus.

Wonder If it's that way because of VR mode that has to render at maximum speed... Maybe you could make it only on the non-VR version.

Here is the topic of RaceDepartment where we have many users reporting the same behavior:
    AMS 2 = Squealing PC in menus?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Eduardo Beninca

Eduardo Beninca New Member

Game Version/Build: V0.9.5
    Track & Layout Used: Curitiba
    Car Used: Sprint Race
    Applicable Settings: Dedicated server in Brazil, all players live in Brazil too, ping less than 50ms from my PC to the server.
    Report: We did a for fun race for Racer Clube yesterday (video below) with 24 cars, In the start we had a major netcode in the back of the grid, cars flying everywhere, it's impossible to race online this way, Reiza needs to take netcode issues very seriously to mantain a community and keep the simulator alive for long time.

In the middle of the race i tried to push the guy in front of me, on the front straight, and again, a ghost touch and our cars losing control.

17. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Build 9.6 All cars All Tracks Pedals registering movement when not pressed.
    When sitting in the pits with the pedals not pushed throttle registers 12% with engine at 6000 RPM
    Brake is 100% and Clutch is 100%. Although the brake and clutch are not causing issue after a gear is selected and start driving laps, the high engine idle causes issues when doing laps with not going lower than 6000 RPM.

18. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

Game Version/Build: V0.9.6
    Track & Layout Used: Caldwell Park
    Car Used: P3 Roco 001
    Applicable Settings: Test Settings / VR
    Report: Running out of fuel, returning to pits and driving again activates Outrun Mode. I was in chase cam when it happened. Temporary and seems to go away in a short bit.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  19. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I agree all games should do this by default these days . Until then you could limit FPS in Nvidia control panel to just over your max in game FPS , will take away alot of strain in the menus

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bo Stamper

Bo Stamper Member

Game Version/Build: Early Access 0.9.6
    Track & Layout UsedTrack & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: After about 6-10 minutes of play, whether single or multiplayer, AI or not, other human players or not, the sim crashes to desktop. I have cleared Steam download cache, run the file integrity check 3 or 4 times, checked for errors on my system, used three different versions of the Nvidia video driver, you name it, I've done it. I have filed about 10 BugSplat reports from boky1210@removethisyahoo.com
    Steps to reproduce: 1) Start AMS2 2) Drive any car at any track for at least 6 minutes

I do not overclock ANYTHING. i7-6600K 16 GB RAM, 1080ti, TS300RS, T3PA Pro pedals

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020