1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BugSplat responses?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Bo Stamper, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Bo Stamper

Bo Stamper Member

After about 10 minutes of play, whether single or multiplayer, AI or not, other human players or not, the sim crashes to desktop. I have cleared Steam download cache, run the file integrity check 3 or 4 times, checked for errors on my system, used three different versions of the Nvidia video driver, you name it, I've done it. I have filed about 10 BugSplat reports and am very curious if anyone has ever gotten a response, helpful or not, from any Reiza staff member?

UPDATE NOTE: 0.9.6 did not help. In fact, the game now reboots the PC about 7-10 minutes in. Tried again and blue screened with "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" listed at bottom. I have 16 GB of RAM with very little running in the background.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bo Stamper

Bo Stamper Member

It has now come full circle! LOL! Started with CTD and BugSplat, (at this point I uninstalled/reinstalled the sim), then spontaneous rebooting, then freezing with "Automobilista 2 has stopped working" dialog box, and we're now back to CTD and BugSplat!

3. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Bo Stamper that is most unfortunate that this is happening for you. I have only had one CTD since day 1 of the BETA install and every install thereafter. I did not receive any response to the bugsplat file like you have asked. Because so few are reporting such severe crashed I can only think a RAM issue of your PC most likely.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bo Stamper

Bo Stamper Member

@Wayne Whitmore Thanks for your response, but my RAM is fine. I have run two separate memory checking apps, neither found any problems, I adjusted the page file size, and even DELETED the page file. I have run file integrity check at least 5 times and cleared the Steam download cache. I have tried 4 different Nvidia drivers, the latest, the one that was the latest when EA dropped on 3/31 and 2 others from 2019. I have turned G-Sync on and off. I have reinstalled the entire sim twice. AMS2 is the only sim I have that is crashing. The 5 or 6 others I own have been flawless.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  5. Bo Stamper

Bo Stamper Member

"Because so few are reporting such severe crashe(s)..."
    Which leads me to believe I could be fighting a losing battle here. Why would Reiza introduce a fix for a select few (or just me) when that very fix could endanger the stability of the sim for the other 99.99% it is running fine for? I get that the sim is still in early access. I get that. But when I look around and see so many able to run it successfully in EA, it doesn't leave me feeling optimistic. But for what it is worth, I have an i7-6600k with 16 GB RAM and an EVGA 1080ti.

6. Wayne Whitmore

Reiza are very supportive in many areas. Although the bugsplat report has not had any response have you reached out to them directly through the forum. From the vast number of threads that I read I do see them assisting where ever possible even if it is to help troubleshoot PC equipment.
    Having completed all of the logical checks, now probably will be something outside of the box. Questions that may come up are likely to include a description of all of your PC equipment as well as the controller gear you are using. It is most helpful when asking question from the forum users to have all of the details as part of your signature. Out of curiosity what controller /wheel and pedals are you using. I would really like to see you be able to use this wonderful game.

7. Bo Stamper

Bo Stamper Member

Thrustmaster T300 with T3PA Pro pedals....and, ummmm, I thought THIS was "reaching out directly to them in the forum." Should I @ a staff member?

8. Wayne Whitmore

yeh but the main release threads or bug threads are much more likely to get read by Reiza. A staff member is also worth a try but done get offended if they don't make direct contact. Your wheel and pedals have many hundreds to messages about them as well so they are main stream that are successfully being used by a lot of people. A single user with such sever issues would not suggest an issue with the game logic says.

9. Bo Stamper

Bo Stamper Member

Pretty sure my wheel and pedals aren't causing the issue. Two friends have the same combo and aren't experiencing any crashes. So please tell me what I need to do to post my situation in the right forum.

10. Wayne Whitmore

As you say not the type of wheel and pedals just the combination of them and your PC hardware possibly eg corrupt drivers. This thread is where I would post Troubleshooting - Automobilista 2

11. Bo Stamper

Bo Stamper Member

12. Wayne Whitmore

It appears you are convinced the game is the issue good luck with finding a fix.

13. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Problem solved

14. Pjotr

Pjotr New Member

How did you solve it Peter?? I'd love to hear from you. Greetings Pjotr

15. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If I'm not mistaken, it was a memory (inside PC) issue, and was found with memtest86 app.