1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

They disabled the light damping to fix the hard right issue in the 0.9.6 release which I think will lead to a lot of these issues. I'll add some custom damping tomorrow to see if it fixes it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I just posted this in the latest Beta thread , i hope you can help me !

"Im really confused by the new FFB :confused:
    What am i supposed to be feeling here
    [​IMG]
    As i approach these two red areas the FFB is smoothish but as i get to the red parts the FFB becomes rough and noisy ! What is this effect supposed to simulate ? It happens all around the track but this is just a spot i can show and question . How can i remove this noise that doesnt seem consistent like the track surface , i could understand it better if i was off line and driving over marbles but this feeling happens on the racing line :confused: Please allow me to remove this feeling ?"

3. 2ndLastJedi

I just tried both the new custom FFB's from the last page and they both seem broken ! Gunboat Diplomat made the wheel feel like the FFB was reversed , pulled away from center on both sides , i deleted it straight away and tried Deliverance and that felt so weak that i could only feel road noise very slight and if i turned a corner the wheel just stayed pointing in that direction with no centering effect at all !

4. Tassydevil

Tassydevil Member AMS2 Club Member

@2ndlastjedi
    I noticed you have sold your oculus rift, are you replacing it, if yes with what?

5. 2ndLastJedi

Replaced a while ago with 27" 1080p triples ;)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. NuScorpii

Can't see the image as it links to the beta area.

7. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dunno if I understood properly, but if you look close to your picture and I can see clearly on VR there's a different type of asphalt in these areas, like, a much rougher surface. In most tracks in AMS2 you get patches like that, but in Donington, you get a full stretch of track with it, similar to the concrete parts of the track in Curitiba and Cascavel where the starting lines are.

I have modified one of Nus file and it feels better with the 9.6, but I didn't remove this roughness in certain parts of the track, I really like that! Like I said before, I might have misunderstood your problem but if you want to try I can send you my settings.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 2ndLastJedi

Yeah it must be those other surfaces but it isn't a nice feel through my wheel, it really feels like a fake effect, almost like a repeated noise. I really like the feel of the road undulations, dips and crests but the noise from the surface really feels like just noise.

• Like Like x 2
  9. NuScorpii

Have you deleted your documents folder since 0.9.6? It sounds like you were missing the main rack force for some reason.

10. NuScorpii

There is no fake road fx or noise added for Gunboat. It all comes from the track surface. You can increase the micro_details variable to boost the track surface feel. It is also linked to the FX slider so increasing both of those may help.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. F.Santos

Thanks @NuScorpii

• Like Like x 1
  12. NuScorpii

Updated "Gunboat Diplomat" - Removed - see here for latest update

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. NuScorpii

@2ndLastJedi If you've solved your issues with lack of FFB, try the latest Gunboat and set output_smoothing to 1.0. If that helps with the harsh noise you are experiencing I'll port the changes to Deliverance too.

@F.Santos Let me know if the anti-oscillation works and I'll port that across too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

I have deleted the FFB file but not the whole documents file , i just did now though !
    Knowing i dont like the road noise how do you think i should set it up with your file ? Which one should i use ?

15. 2ndLastJedi

Mate i deleted the documents folder and used Gunboat , put smoothing to 1.0 like you said and the FFB is all messed up ! The wheel is heavy and just stays to how ever i turn it , if i take the first turn at Donington (right) the wheel just stays pulled right , when i force it straight it will stay straight but then i turn left a little ant the wheel holds that left ! It feels horrible , like a broken wheel ! I swap back to Default and FFB is normal , just with that noisy FFB from the road texture . Im using the Caterham 175HP which is known for its rough FFB .
    But Gunboat is a big no go im afraid :(

16. 2ndLastJedi

FFB is 70/0/0 BTW.

17. F.Santos

If I use 0 LFB I have the same behaviour, dont think we can use 0LFB with ito_O. it must have an essential overall functionality even at 1.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. NuScorpii

Yes, I've mentioned this a number of times. The LFB at 0 filters out information. It's bug that Reiza needs to correct.

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. 2ndLastJedi

Yeah sorry mate , i haven't read the whole thread so must have missed that .
    Raising LFB to even 1 (as @F.Santos said) fixed the weird FFB but it doesn't remove the rough FFB from the Caterham so i'm guessing it must just be how that car is intended or a bug that has just made it past Reiza . As i have said , i like the FFB but just don't like this road texture and engine vibrating that AMS 2 FFB has , once that is gone or if i look past that the FFB is great .

• Like Like x 2
  20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You've probably done this @2ndLastJedi , but try turning engine scale fast off.
    As for me, this updated version isn't doing it, losing feeling when driving perfectly straight. I'm happy to stick with Gunboat v1 as it feels great.