IMPORTANT Logitech G29 Wheel Problems

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Tester, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tester

Tester BANNED BANNED

Hello AMS DEV's,
    Is it possible to integrate a full Logitech G29 support to Automobilista ? The Problem with the Logitech G29 wheel is, that it does not apply the specific wheel degree for all different car classes, it always stays at the value you set in the logitech software (for example 900° degree), that means if you want to drive for example a formula one car, you need to tab out everytime of Automobilista to change the wheel degree manually to a lower value, other wheel's (for example my old sold logitech driving force gt or a Logitech G27) have that degree feature already included and it applys automaticly the degree for the car you want to drive. It would be nice if you as a developer could integrate a code in Automobilista wich allows that the Logitech G29 wheel picks automaticly the right degree up for each unique cars, that means please update Automobilista to the Newest Logitech Wheel SDK, i spoke with a Logitech Dev about this issue he has the same opinon like me. I don't want to advert it but this Issue with the Logitech G29 Wheel also exists on a other Simracing title called rFactor 2.
    Thanks in advance.
    Greetings

2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

There were some G27 owners complaining about the new Logitech driver which led to the same problem you are reporting. Maybe reverting to old drivers can solve the problem, I don't know. It's worth it to look for those threads if it gives you a ready solution.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Tester

Tester BANNED BANNED

Nope this won't be the solution since the G29 Wheel has a different driver software than the G27 and for example in other games like Assetto Corsa or PCars the Degree for each unique car apply's automaticly for my G29 because they updated their games to the newest Logitech Wheel SDK. So my conclusion is that the Dev's did not updated AMS to the Latest Logitech Wheel SDK (Which will integrate proper G29 Support), what can be so difficult to update the game to the newest Logitech Wheel SDK ? This Issue exists since months (Since AMS got released back in February). Lazy Dev's..

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Calling dev's Lazy will definitily not help, especially if you're just guessing things.

Let's try it again:

1) Have you updated the wheel firmware and drivers to the last version? There were other players with the G29 that were having issues and after this, it started working just fine.
    2) Did you check the option to Allow the Game to make adjustments on the logitech Profiler (if there's an option for this on the G29) ?
    3) Are you running the game in Administrator compability mode?
    If so, try running without it.
    I´ve had the same issue with the G27, in which the wheel rotation wouldn't work when i was running the game with admin compatibility (something about the profiler not being able to read/write configs to the game because it didn't have enough privileges).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Tester

Tester BANNED BANNED

Im not guessing, this Issue is a fact.

To you're questions:

1) Yes i did, i have the latest driver / firmware version installed.
    2) There is only a option in the G29 Software called "Let Force adjust by game" which i ticked always on and Since there is not a option in the Logtiech G29 Software called "Allow the Game to make adjustments", No.
    3) Im not running the game in Administrator mode, also tested both, one time with Administrator rights, then one time without Administrator rights nothing changed the Issue still exists.

The Issue is Definitely that the Dev's did not updated AMS to the Latest Logitech Wheel SDK, as i said above i did not had any degree problems with my old sold Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel.

6. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Ti be honest the real problem here is the G29 Wheel. Check all the racing sim forums and you will see, even if "lazy devs" do their best this "lazy Wheel" isn't working as intended, wheel drivers are too young and lacking the base options we are used to have on G27\G25...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Tester

Tester BANNED BANNED

The Wheel Drivers are too young ? Definitely Not, The G29 is almost since a year on the market. The Base is not lacking, everyone can download the Newest Logitech Wheel SDK on the Logitech Website via this Link: "LOGITECH G DEVELOPER LAB". So everyone could integrate a proper G29 Wheel function to their games but nope this step seems to be so hard to do for the (AMS) Dev's...

8. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Hey mate if you think this way and you are too lazy to see yourself on racing sim forums...well I don't care but don't be harsh with devs, you don't know how they works and how difficult is.
    Side note: a year out in the market and still missing 3/4 of the base options and shifter sold apart for what?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Tester

Tester BANNED BANNED

For the Dev's it should be not so difficult to add some extra code notes to their game, because they are the Dev's and they know the game code and how the game handle the codes.

To you're Side note: My opinion is that the Wheel is only missing 2 base options in the G29 Software called "Allow Game to Adjust Settings" and the "Force Feedback Device Settings". The Shifter is not a must have since i only gearing via the Wheel Paddle Shifter and the Shifter takes only Space away, so you don't need to buy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.