1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey Santos,

Ok, will post with those fixes when time allows :)

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Crossed my mind. I have not tried this file yet so I cannot say... but I was wondering if the team may be implementing some of @NuScorpii work. I tagged one of the developers hoping they would check in on the latest custom file

I think they should buy him a beer or two if it is the case :p

• Like Like x 2
  3. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

They have increased tyre scrub in the latest release so could be that. I'll have a look into it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. NuScorpii

All good now you've upped rack_scale in the latest file ;)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Santos, fixed it so it should be simpler reg. the kerbs.

Update:

* Simpler weight settings.

Custom ffb file attached "Laser Cut 2":

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg , just tried laser cut v1, and turning no scale ffb on results in no ffb at all, works great with it off.
    Reduced lfb to 25 (only tried the f309) as the recommended setting of 65 was way too tight and notchy. Running 70 25 70.:)

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Karsten Hvidberg

Ah, thx, will update both things in the file to work as you posted here.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Forgot to mention fei at 100 is pretty bad on my csw 2.5, harsh and grindy, way better at 50 or 60.

9. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Karsten, kerbs are fixed for sure, changed them down to 0.2 and could tell the difference straight away.
    The oscillation still there, dunno if u tried to do anything to it, but basically for me! the car is super light when it is still in the pits and you can throw the steering wheel from side to side and it keeps on bouncing from side to side weightless right!

When you are on track underload or off this lightness is still there and why wouldn't right? You can feel the weight of the car as soon as you turn to get out of the pits but it doesn't remain constant, for instance, when you are going down the straight at speed the car is heavy if throw from side to side, but only noticeable and responsive after the initial input push to either side, what I mean by that, is that it doesn't matter whether at speed or not the car feels weightless until you turn the wheel and require an active force feedback force. The resistance weight that you get from the steering from car to car is not there.

Is like if every car in the game only applied ffb to the wheel in specific windows of movement instead of upon selection of it and loaded on track, if that makes any sense.

Dunno if that helps, and if you experienced that too, but back a few Reiza updates we had this problem and you fixed it quite easily if I remember correctly.

10. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, thx, there must be a bug, will look tomorrow, I hope :)

Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Karsten, but the technicalities of what is going on behind the scenes or why it's happening are pretty much irrelevant to the end-user. The "large" FFB profile feels weak and pretty numb to me, hence I opted for the "small" file. It's admirable and understandable that you're defending your work, but it's how it feels to the person using it that matters, not the validity of the way it's coded or the words used to describe it.

You created this thread to discuss, post, and provide feedback on custom FFB files. You said you did not want to control the thread. Feedback and opinions is what you're getting, and now you'd rather people only post if it's positive and non-critical? You can't have it both ways mate. You also shouldn't take negative feedback so personally. It's just a person's opinion... it isn't right, it isn't wrong, and it doesn't reflect personally upon you or the staggering effort you've made, or the huge contribution you've made to the custom profile scene. Chill dude.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  12. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Goffik,

I was not really responding to your statement, but more to the technical reasoning given why it would be weak, hence the technical response.
    I agree the feel is what matters most to most people.

I have no intentions of controlling anything, but I am free to voice what I find productive just like anybody else.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

Update:

* Simpler rack control, closer to Default, but with LFB "bug" fix/road details.
    * Friction added & set to 15%. Wip, will be improved a little later.

The general idea for the "big file" will change to lean more towards "Default", but with many improvements and fun things in place(LFB "bug" fix, road details, road detection, smoothing, friction, scrub, kerbs, weights, optimal ffb non-clip, no-ffb-scale, dynamic engine vibes, rolling road effect, smart sliders, etc etc..). Right now it might feel worse than Default to some, but that's in the minor adjustments to make better, just takes a few iterations :).

Needs adjustments, is wip, weights still not adjusted perfectly. This will come.
    (Might find time for dampening in the weekend... Would be fun)

Btw: If anybody feels like pitching in directly on the file, it sits in Github & I will be happy to share access. Just post me a direct message. The more the merrier :)

Custom ffb file attached "Friction":

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  14. grinness

grinness New Member

Hi All,

I am experiencing FFB deadzone issues at the center of the wheel

I am on a G29, the wheel and FFB is great except when the wheel is centered: there is no FX and the wheel feels 'dead' on straights. I use very high settings for FX (85) with no clipping (monitoring for them with a specific tool)

Overall my settings for FFB are 65/80/85 for Gain/Sub/FX

Is this something that other people experience?
    It is already known problem?
    Anyway I can report the bug?

Thanks
    G.

15. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

LFB generates a little Minforce, but you can set it in custom ffb file in documents folder to the correkt value.
    WheelCheck.exe

I can't upload it, but you will find it in the web.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. grinness

grinness New Member

Hi Manuel,

thanks for the reply.

I am on Linux via Proton, not sure what WheelCheck.exe is, but I'll peek in the various dirs and online. And report back

Cheers
    M.

17. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Absolutely true, and I never said you weren't. But you yourself were specifically asking people not to post a particular type of view / criticism. That's trying to control the discussion.

But hey, my post promoting the freedom of speech, freedom to criticise, and freedom to post opinions has received only dislike reactions. I guess that shows what kind of society we live in, huh? Damn sheeple these days. So do what you like. I'm done here.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Goffik,

No worries, I respect your opinions. Not everything comes through in the posts we make & we all misunderstand each other in so many ways. You are right that my ask to stay in a productive tone can be read as controlling, but really, it was just an ask that I think would help to avoid the route that ends in you/me finger pointing. Anybody can disagree to my ask, just as you did. Yes, I(or others that agree to that) might not personally like that, but that is all. I have no hard feelings for anything you've said & I hope likewise.

I would like to add that you've contributed equally greatly yourself here with opinions, feedback and your thoughts on many issues. To me that is the main point of being here. Forget the actual files really. It's the interaction with like-minded that counts to me & it would really be a shame to see you leave. I really mean that. I hope to see you posting again soon!

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Alegunner & @F.Santos ,

Here no_scale_ffb is now bug fixed.

FYI: Friction is at 15% in the file, which depending on your settings outside the game might be too high.

Fixed no_scale_ffb "Friction" file:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  20. NuScorpii

To be fair, at the time @Goffik and I posted about this, the problems stated were an issue in your file. It wasn't until your later posts where you increased rack_scale that it was fixed, prior tho that the rack force was ~10% lower than default. And without my sigmoid clipping function some people would have still experienced clipping / force flat spots with rack_force at 1.0 and 100% gain.

I'm not sure why you got so defensive about it, maybe I could have pointed out the issue in a different way?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2