1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SimRacingSystem (SRS) for AMS2 is coming

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Leynad, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sim Racing System
    :)

Still in testing-phase and who was living under a rock the recent years: SRS is basically like iRacing free of charge with a better ranking system. It's only successful in AC so far, because it's the only game with a proper and easy to use SRS-integration into the menu. Other titles (Raceroom, AMS, rF2 to name a few) are more complicated to run and the pCars-2-instructions gives you an idea.
    Project cars 2 App

I'm still hoping that an AMS2-beta pops up with proper SRS-menu integration, but if not, better use the service or it will vanish like for the others titles:oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Testing, very easy to join

Screenshot_2020-06-11-14-39-39-399_com.miui.gallery.jpg

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really hope this doesn't happen. I hope Reiza don't think SRS is equivalent to a proper safety rating system. AFAIK the SRS incidents don't really affect anything so the only "safety system" in SRS is post race review with ban and temp ban which is not ideal at all and you could be waiting a good week or so for one bad apple to be removed. For me SRS is like a public server without a safety rating system and with a lengthy waiting time.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Leynad

So the app came out just after my posting.
    Automobilista 2 App

IMO this will probably dying the same death than the other titles. Only a proper implementation into the menu like in AC works well for SRS.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Leynad

I guess you don't understand the SRS-system well enough. If you hit someone for example while overtaking, you loose the points for gaining a better position in the race. If you hit an opponent without gaining a position, you actually loosing one. In iRacing SR means almost nothing, since you have your 17x for example and you can hit 4 opponents with it and gain iRating for better position. You might loose some SR, but if you want to gain SR, just over-rev the car on the start and get it repaired in the pits. You gain as much SR as racing against others without contact. Just don't go under SR 1.0 during a season and SR 2.0 at the end of a season, or you will fall back to B from A or C from B, but driving dirty means more iRating if done properly.

6. Andy-R

I had a little spate of races in SRS (I guess 30 or so) quite a while ago so maybe it has changed but AFAIK the driver points (that you can gain and lose as you mentioned above) do nothing other than sort you into higher/lower split if the race is populated enough to allow multiple splits and I think there were races that only allow drivers over a certain rating but not many of those at all and typically they were in some high end modern race car that I had no interest in driving. You also have to do a lot of races to build your rating up. From what I remember the incident average didn't seem to impact anything at all, I remember looking through the driver list and there were people with some pretty huge incident average numbers that were presumably still able to race.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Leynad

It's not about the incidents per race, but the total points for your race. Let's say you hit three opponents and end up 1st, if the 2nd and 3rd didn't hit anything, they actually won the race in terms of points and gain more rating for the global points as well. So you never have any benefit in hitting others unlike in iRacing. But like you most people don't know how it works and if they would know the trick, the races would be even more clean. I did about 200 races in SRS and can tell, it's usually more clean than iRacing.

8. Andy-R

The points don't really do anything though. If you win the race you are shown in the results as 1st place regardless if 2nd got more points than you or not and those points are pretty irrelevant. All they do is sort you into different splits if the pop is high enough for more than one split which is dependant on there being high populated servers, if you're really lucky there might be 2 or 3 splits but often there is only 1. If you are a good and fair racer but havent been grinding SRS you will be lumped in with the lower split drivers for a good many races until your rating picks up and if you like less popular content there will rarely be a second split so the driver rating points in that case are completely irrelevant.

Anyway my point was I hope Reiza give us a proper safety rating system and don't just decide to officially support something like SRS instead which IMO is like infrequent open public server racing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Leynad

That's BS if you care about your championship-points and your global rating. Only in iRacing you really gain iRating for positions, in SRS you can loose by winning a race.

I spend 1350 hours in pCars 2 and can imagine what's coming. It's better than nothing (SR+ELO-system), but has nothing to do with scheduled races/championships like in SRS. I actually avoided online-races often enough to keep my ranking in pCars 2. You could easily loose 40 points for a DNF, but only gained like 15 for a win. So in the end it was similar to iRacing: just race online if you think you can succeed.

Since the driving standards in AMS2 that I experienced online are rather decent so far, i even would prefer not to have any system. I won the majority of online-races so far or at least got podium, but I don't need a badge for that. Scheduled online-races are far more needed and SRS is delivering them. Reiza should make them part of the UI like in AC, so i can practice for a race until a gong appears, so i can participate.

10. Andy-R

I image the majority couldn't care less about their global rating. I never did, as far as I could tell you basically have to grind a **** load of races to be top on that. I'm sure more do care about their championship points but probably still something like 50/50 (at best, I remember viewing the championship table and I don't think 50% or even close had participated at each track ;).) Not a good basis for fair and respectful racing if you ask me. The one thing SRS has going for it is scheduled races for people that are in to that (I get it, it provides higher pop races) but the negatives outweigh the positives for me with scheduled racing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Leynad

If you don't care about global rating and champtionships, you don't care about any ranking-system at all, but most competitive sim-racers do or there is no point in any ranking-system. If you like ranking-systems, SRS provides the most decent one IMO and the pCars 2 ranking is kind of nice, but it might pull away people to do online-races in the first place. Half of the field is loosing rating with an ELO-system, so half of the field better never participate in the first place from the inner logic of this system.

12. Andy-R

Points for points sake ranking doesn't interest me at all for sure but any rating system that improves the level of racecraft in the server does a lot. I'm more interested in safety based but performance based would have a similar result more or less. To be clear I'm talking about a system where those points for safety or performance can be used to allow you into or exclude you from certain servers. E.g. you set a server up to allow people with B performance license only or C and above safety license.

• Agree Agree x 2