Track limit violation - Feedback on the new system here

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Why not add an option for us to choose how many cuts before a penalty (and make it reset after a penalty) and also an option to turn it off while keeping the flag rules on too.
    I.e. in EEC we don't have cut track penalty in game at all, people report after the race if they saw someone taking too much advantage of a run off then we check and give a penalty. It happened twice in our LMS league, one guy got 1 minute added to his total race time and the other got suspended for 5 races (other reasons included in this case).
    One of the reasons for you to turn off track cut is in multiclass race, it sucks when you need to avoid a slower car that does a mistake in front of you and you get a penalty for that. Even in single class racing sometimes it happens.

2. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is exactly how it should work

3. bob dihi

bob dihi BANNED BANNED

How about having the track limit infringements during the race logged for each driver (specifying the laps it has happened ) and after the race these infringements can be reviewed and driver can be penalized where necessary after the race.

4. AMS_SR

AMS_SR Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, more curbs please. :cool:

*optimistic* Smiley ;)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  5. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

This!!!
    Penalty system should have a separate folder on player main folder to store race logs.

6. Will Mazeo

Wonder if the track limit violation logic can be used to improve full course yellows and implement virtual safety car.

7. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim Member

Virginia really shows how severe is the current system :D i 've had a very bad experience today on that track, it's so easy to touch the grass in some areas like when you go wide on the esses exit.

The funny thing is that once you get your first drive thru penalty, you start getting a DTP each time you touch the grass which is extremly frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Koba

Koba Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we all agree that once you get the penalty, it's much too harsh with no more warnings. :eek:

However, Virginia is the track that needs this penalty system the most. There are so many corners (more like gentle curves) that are so easy to cut. I did a club race here last week, and after the race I looked at the replay. The guy who finished a few seconds ahead of me was cutting the track like crazy the whole race. It's one thing to make a mistake, but you can tell when someone isn't even trying to drive fairly. When it comes to competition in any category (games, athletics, school, business), some people just have more integrity than others. So I welcome this system, it just needs to be refined. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a small report about something that i didn't know that was there:

On a race we had just now, a driver got his 4 warning and the Drive through, but it was alredy on the last lap.
    He crossed the line before serving the penalty and the game automatically added 25 seconds to total ET!

• Like Like x 1
  10. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

At Johanesburg historic at the exit to Turn 2 this is apparently considered a track violation. I understand I'm kicking up dirt here but I can recall seeing F1 do much the same at this circuit and my inside tires are clearly well inside the white line making it a very odd violation, particularly since the exit to turn 1 basically lets you ride the curb completely outside the white line and not call it a violation.

[​IMG]

For reference here's Keke Rosberg in 1985 setting the track record while riding more dirt than I am.

@ 2:56

11. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Very minor issue, but if you start a time trial at Johannesburg Historic with the SuperV8 (may apply to other cars?) you get an off track before reaching the start line even if you keep well inside the edge of the track surface. Doesn't happen on subsequent laps.

12. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Spielberg GP: T1 (inconsistent detection; can go wide without detection, but minor off track will be penalized)
    Cascavel: Last turn (inconsistent detection; similar to the above)

13. Kevin Pheiffer

Kevin Pheiffer Owner of Shadowracingrsa

3rd party tracks are VERY severe in places. Sometimes, one tire touching the curb (With all 4 tires on the road) and you get a penalty. Is this track related?
    Happens on a lot of tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

That´s indeed track related, corridors need to be (re)configured appropriately. .

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marcos Furriel

Marcos Furriel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The last corner at Tarumã Chicane has not a good detection. If you get the start of curb with two wheels on it without to pass on the grass, you will be penalized. I notice this inconsistency with Stock V8 and F3.

16. Le_Poilu

Le_Poilu Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,

It seems that the system doesn't take the fact that driver released gaz or is on the brakes...
    I get penalized during a race in V.I.R with Boxer Cup, but shouldn't have...
    Coming to the first turn, too much rear brake on the tiny bump here send me into a spin into the grass to the right. And as it's a right turn, I physically did cut the turn (before crossing the track and finishing into the rails...). And because of the grass the car barely slowed down, so the game may have calculated that time was gained here... despite me being fully on the brakes at this time, and my car totally in the wrong way.

It's really some special case here, but really frustrating when you experiment it. There might be some tweaking to do, like looking if the driver had released the gaz and pressed the brake. And how much did he: 100% brake the whole time you're off the track is not something you do to gain time ;)

17. Will Mazeo

Yeah if the system is checking if time was gained it should be a bit delayed and more variables considered. Right now in some cases it looks like "think about putting your wheel here and you get a penalty"

18. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A question about this since I've been doing some Super Truck stuff today. Does the track limit violation consider skipping a jump on a ST track to be a cut track and if not could it? I know real world Super Truck races have penalties associated with skipping jumps since it can be a pretty significant time saving.

19. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to report what seems to be a bug in Jacarepagua Oval!
    On Practise, if you don`t brake for for the 2 turns (1 and 4 that requires you to slow down a bit) and just use the wall, the game is not invalidating the lap, which gives you a gain of 2 to 3 seconds.

On Qualy it invalidates the lap and in Race gives the warning properly.

20. senna9922

senna9922 New Member

In my case I was set limit

QUICK Unsportsmanlike Sensitivitity="0.10000"

and my first big crash with next car I was get disqualification.
    I personally think this is amazing code in the game, special for offline race.
    This little thing for my is much important, from some special effect and b__d s__t.
    For now I just miss in AMS, little more strong sun and animate lollipop man just to game be more live.

Best regards