1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.7.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 13, 2020.

1. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

ok, but you can't tell me it applies also to 80s or 90s f1 cars. i think they are a bit different from modern gt cars in terms of ease of handling...

2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

If you think that AMS2 is easy to drive is because you are too slow.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn’t put it that bluntly, and I also wouldn’t dispute that some cars may still lean a bit on the side of being slightly easier than perhaps they should - possibly just as many being slightly harder than they should. Neither is by design but just where we are landing with them at the moment, and in either case things may and have evolved in opposite directions as we go through the natural process of developing the physics.

I’d rather point out that one individual’s perception of what car *should* be like isn’t really a reliable yardstick for realism, unless if you have put in the homework to educate that perception. Also, while the physics aren’t designed to be easy, the default setups certainly are - specially with high downforce cars. Jump into the TT boards and try to keep pace with one of the fast ghosts with a fast setup, and things may not seem so easy anymore :)

• Like x 18
    • Agree x 9
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  4. SuperMonaco_GP

I will surely do, thanks Renato. my statement was mainly based on the difference between ams1 and 2 while driving the same car, for example the f1 v12. it is really harder to tame on ams1, and that's why i enjoy it so much.

edit : I want to point 2 issues on the ui I noticed, one being that the f1 classic class 2 and 3, there are cars listed as sequential while they are manual gearbox, the other is the multiclass selection screen which is a bit of a mess..

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

His statement does have a measure of truth, though, even though I wholeheartedly agree with your post.
    If you drive a car and constantly remain below the limit of what it can do, you will not find it to be difficult in most cases. However, if you try to ride on the edge of what's possible with any given car, that's where things start to get truly challenging.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Dictum factum est.

• Like Like x 2
  7. steve-tsao

steve-tsao New Member

Big agree.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. supershadow25

supershadow25 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Again.....GREAT Reiza..... I love the game.....it is real fantastic..... thanks....

Marco

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great Reiza !! I am eager to see the result that you will achieve in a few months, at the moment I am really enjoying it, with the exception of some things that I have already commented in other threads.

By the way, I know that right now is not the most important thing, but would it be possible to have more control over the time of the races? For now you can choose in 1 hour jumps, but I would like to have more control, and choose the exact time to enjoy those spectacular sunrises and sunsets.

A hug and keep it up !!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If i would be true that the cars are much easier to drive than in real life then either the physics in the sim are wrong or the cars come with a perfect default setup (perfectly balanced already).
    I hope it’s the latter. Good for me as I‘m more the driver type than the mechanic...:D

11. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato, when extremely anxious waiting for new content I found myself looking at hot cars, I was like, really!? more oldies? that apparently are already in the game???MAAAANNNN was I wrong!

I love them! especially the Fuscas man, lost count how many races and even some old-style endurances only with Fuscas I've done. Loving them man! Big thanks to you and your team.
    :hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 250swb

250swb Active Member

Well done Reiza!

While the contents of this update may appear minor I think the effect is a major change. Progressive sorting things like problems with grip and random handling foibles together with the strength and aggression of the Ai now mean it's possible to have good hard races without thinking 'wtf' at some inexplicable Ai event or physics anomaly.

But it's not perfect, one thing is I'd like some axle tramp in FFB to indicate spinning up the driven wheels.

13. sk8

sk8 Member

This!
    AMS 2 is already an excellent sim and is only going to get better. So great to have passionate devs who love what they do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. B Stu

B Stu Member

The Aliens have travelled many star systems to test us. Accept their challenge.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. SebWizterTv

SebWizterTv Member

Ooh in tuesday it's mid june can't wait for 1.0 this week:cool:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Gabriel OF

Gabriel OF New Member

Same old discussions about how easy sim racing would be. Probably it will always be a constant in sim racing world, like the accusations against S397 for making the cars too easy while the studio is having more and more manufacturers and real teams data do work with.
    I think even Reiza was there before with that rF2 DLC receiving complains although the "easier" handling is actually from a better tyre model that better replicate the real world.

BTW lovely update. The Stock Car feels much more predictable to me since the last couple updates, enjoying it so much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SuperMonaco_GP

maybe it was my bad not pointing it out clearly in the post, my post was based on how different the same car is between ams1 and 2, mostly the f1 v12. even on warm tyres, it was a beast to tame, don't know if it was too hard on ams1 or too easy on ams2, I obviously don't know how it drives in real life ( i wish :) ) but there is a clear difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For any length race not just long ones.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

The people who have put in the homework are Nicki Thiim and Wolfgang Reip, who are professional (and in the case of Thiim, champion) drivers.

Thiim says AC and ACC have realistic tire models, as long as curbs aren't used too hard.

Reip Says AMS 1 and many cars in AC are realistic.

In both those games slides can be caught in many cases, if an effort is made.

Slides in AMS 2 can almost always be caught, without really trying.

Another thread has a video of a user blazing it in a high horsepower, low weight car; in heavy rain, using slicks. In real life, I've seen open-wheelers like that lose it while going in a straight line under those conditions. It's next to impossible to drive. I've seen that at all levels, including F1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Haven't heard anything about if gear change animation on the stick shifts will be implemented for v1.0?