1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 breaks Logitech drivers

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Ashaz, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

Happened 3 times in a row now.
    I launch up AMS2.
    Select quickrace, P4 cars, brands Indy.
    As soon as I try to get out of the pit, the throttle stops responding.
    Leave game and verify in AC. Same probblem there.
    Uninstall the drivers.
    Reinstall.
    Verify that it works in AC.
    Launch AMS2 and try again. And it is broken again.

The strange thing is I was able to drive the P4 cars on other tracks yesterday, but thenhad this happen as I went to Brands Hatch indy. Spent two hours messing around with my settings before I got it working again and thought I had solved it, but then it happened again today, 3 times in a row.

2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

...wheel model?
    I am on G27 and no issues so far.
    Try to create a game profile for each game (cornering purposes you can try AMS2 and AC for now) on Logitech software and see if this works.

3. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

G920.

When googling for a solution, I found some simmilar errors reported from Project Cars 2 messing up peoples registry.

I thought I had cleaned it all up and reinstalled my drivers again correctly. rebooted computer... and now the throttle is gone again.
    Or rather it now identifies as "axle 3 " instead of as "Gas pedal".
    AC can detect it and remap it, but AMS2 can not.
    When I cleaned up my drivers earlier, it reappeared as "Gas pedal".
    This is rather infuriating. I have now wasted almost 4 hours fiddling with this and I can't seem to get my wheel and pedals back to working propperly again.

GHub detects the wheel, but LGS doesn't seem to detect it any more.

4. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

Hours later. I can now either get the wheel to work correctly, but with no FFB and an insanely strong centering spring at all times, or I add ghub on top of LGS and get the FFB to work, but the throttle pedal gets reassigned as an "axle 3" instead, that AMS2 doesn't recognixe as a throttle pedal. so I can't drive with that.

I've followed all the avice I've been able to find on the web
    (like this: Logitech G29 pedal probelm : LogitechG
    and this: It looks like the madness engine is changing registry values for G29 )
    but I still can't get my wheel back to working.

5. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Just wondering if it's possible to completely do away with G hub ? If you have lgs installed try with that instead maybe .
    Not tried it myself as so far no issues with my g920 but is it possible to just use the wheel as a generic input device through the W10 controller profile and then select custom in ams control config menu ?

6. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

That was one of the things I tested. I've now spent roughly 6 hours troubleshooting this tonight.
    With only LGS, I get no FFB. Instead there is a strong centering spring.
    With GHub, I get FFB, but the assignments get messed up.

I am no also getting the strange bug that any game I run that uses the wheel, doesn't shut down propperly.
    AMS2 gets stuck on a black screen until I force kill it.
    AC simply stops responding when I click to exit.
    R3E seemed to exit propperly, but then the application was still running in tackmanager.
    Iracing did the same. Seemed to exit, but the .exe was still running in the background.

At this point I just want my wheel and system back the way it was. :(

edit:
    Disconnected the wheel and cleaned out all the drivers. Tested R3e anc AC again.
    They now shut down propperly.
    This is confusing.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  7. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Does it work in other steam games? If it only broken there (and works in controller options), it is steam taking control of it. This can be disabled by unchecking the "configure generic USB controllers as steam controllers" box somewhere in steam setting.
    Worth a try I suppose...

Also do not use G-HUB for G29/920 but try Logi Profiler ver.9.02.65 (or newer version).

If nothing works, except changing the registry value, here is how you can ease the process. Once you done changing the registry files thru regedit - select the files, click "File-Export" and save the file to preferable place. Save all the files you changed. Now when you want to fix it again (after playing AMS2) just run this files (.reg) and they will change it automatically. So you can fix everything in 4 clicks.

You're welcome.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

Thankyou. I will try that once I get it back to working again. :)

Following another thread on the steam community, I have now cleaned out everything Logitech related from the registry and system files and reinstalled with only Logitech Gaming Software. No GHub.
    The wheel now works. pedals register correctly. FFB seems to work.
    BUT None of the buttons on the wheel nor the paddle shifters register at all!
    Any advice?

9. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

Uninstalled the drivers again, rebooted and plugged the wheel in so the drivers reinstall.
    And now it all seems to work again.

So yea, no idea what actually fixed it as I had already done exactly that 15 times.
    One could get gray hairs for less.
    Registry backup saved anyway. Thankyou for that advice.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. zak55

zak55 New Member

hi did you delete your folder from documents/automobilister 2 and then remap your controls?

11. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

Yes I did.

12. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same problem. A few days everything works fine. Shut down the pc, start it up and now the buttons work but the pedals and wheel do nothing in ams2. LGS sees everything working as per normal. I running LGS. I don’t want to remove everything in documents folder. (finally got the graphics I want etc) Which particular file do I need to remove for the remapping to work

13. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    I don't have a 920, but one thing I'm wondering...do you launch ams2 from LGS?
    I have old logi but I don't get any issues. A dfp ,and a dfgt w/ a broken shifter:)
    I have read about ghub being flakey.
    Good luck.

14. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolute 100% fix... un-install PC2.

15. dihedral3

dihedral3 New Member

Hi guys, sort of a side-door entry into this thread but after reading all of this I wonder if my issues are possibly related to all of the paths and locations that controller and game software permeate our systems (drivers, registry, my docs folder etc.). If I'm off the mark here, let me now and possibly direct me to some helpful info as I've searched and haven't seen issues like mine.

I have a logitech DFGT and have logitech profiler installed but have a somewhat limited understanding of that and how it affects the game.

1. When assigning buttons etc., my wheel is "active" and as such, I cannot even breathe on it when trying to assign a button on it as the game will register the wheel movement as what I intended for the button assignment.

2. I cannot understand how to reduce the ratio of real wheel movement to game steering ratio. I calibrate the wheel for 900* and I get a 1:1 wheel to game ratio which is OK for many cars I drive. But in some cars, I'd like something more like 720* (increasing game steering movement vs. DFGT wheel movement), I can't get it to be anything other than 900* (1:1 ratio). When the calibration calls for 90* left or right of center and I change that slightly so the display shows 720* vs. 900*, I hit save and there's no difference in the car. I've tried many, many times and the only difference I can detect is that it may have modified the "soft lock" but that's hit or miss too and doesn't (seem) to change the way the car's steering performs relative to the DFGT wheel movement.

Thanks in advance for any help here!

16. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you made a profile for AMS2 in the Logitech profiler? (This should be separate from the global profile.) Make sure you have ticked "Allow game to adjust settings".

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. dihedral3

dihedral3 New Member

Hi Scraper, thanks for the reply. No I do not have an AMS2 profile set up in the profiler but will do so when back home after this trip. I assume that will enable me to properly set the wheel rotation I am looking for after allowing game to adjust changes. I will let you know how that goes. Any tips on my other issue? Having the wheel "active" when trying to set buttons on it is incredibly tedious. Thanks!

18. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe set the Menu Spring in AMS2's FFB section to 0?