Automobilista EA bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim Member

T
    The F309 definetely needs much more front wing right now than before :)

2. Danmarr14

Danmarr14 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Will the next update feature updated support for the Logitech G29? I think it's been mentioned on the forums before, but because it runs at 900 degrees of rotation, it makes it quite difficult to drive the single seaters (and indeed a few other cars) without having to treat it like a bus in OMSI 2! Some games feature a way of adjusting the Steering Radio, and also the ability to force a steering range (for example R3E), so I'm curious as to it just requiring an update in game? Or have I missed a setting?

3. AZRCD

AZRCD New Member AMS2 Club Member

Not a bug exactly, but something that is unrealistic compared to the real world. I noticed that when making anti-roll bar adjustments while in car (aka on track in sitting in the garage) you can soften them up to the point where they are disconnected. Now in a real car you can go full soft on the adjustment, but you cannot disconnect the bar from the in cockpit adjustment. I noticed this with the Montana, I did not go an check it with everything else.

4. AZRCD

AZRCD New Member AMS2 Club Member

You missed a setting, on the wheel settings page you can pick / force a rotation number. (I don't know if there is some compatibility issue with the G29 though.)

This won't affect your wheels rotation, but since you mentioned it, you can also set the degrees of steering lock in the car's set up page.

5. Sólyom Tibor

Sólyom Tibor New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: many
    Car Used: Mini, Camaro, KantanKart (so far)
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Championship mode uses only a few tracks repeated
    Steps to reproduce: create a new championship

This bug I noticed first in SCE, when Mitsubishi Lancer Cup released, Every second race was Velopark in the championship.

Is it possible to set manually the order of the tracks in championship mode? (e.g. editing some file)

Thanks

6. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The real world Lancer Cup only goes to 2 tracks, they have 4 races at Velo Citta and 3 at Goiania so the championship in the game is accurate to the real world. This happened a lot in the real world series' we have in the game. For example I think the 2014 Copa de Marcas series had 3 rounds at Curitiba, though it seems to be happening less this year. You can change the championship schedule though. Go to the Series folder, find the relevant SRS file and open it with notepad or similar. The championship schedule is under "SceneOrder" (this image from the Mini Challenge file)
    [​IMG]
    Just change the tracks in that list, making sure the track name you enter is the same as the folder name of the layout you want to use. So Taruma would be the regular Taruma track, whereas TarumaC is the chicane layout. You can also change the scoring system in that file if you want. Be aware that if you validate your game files through Steam they'll be returned to normal. So keep any modified SRS files backed up so you don't end up having to change every championship you want to run to the 2016 schedule like I do sometimes.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

What happens if the folder names (second level of Locations, I presume) do not match? I have no "curitiba" or "Interlagos15sc" in my installation.

8. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If the track names don't match the championship will just go to the next track it can find. Interlagos15sc and Curitiba are exceptions to the rule as far as I can tell. Best bet is to look through SRS files and learn what the syntax is for each of the tracks you want in the schedule. This'll all become unnecessary though once the custom championship tool is released.

9. Turrble

Turrble New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used:Goiana
    Car Used:F3
    Applicable Settings:No assists, max downforce and slightly shorter gears
    Report:AI skipped pit stop
    Steps to reproduce:I could only run 15.9 fully loaded, ai completed 20 lap race no stops

10. Guilherme Borghezani

Guilherme Borghezani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

f3 have only 3 talent files

11. FreakyFast86

FreakyFast86 New Member

I would just like to say i love this sim its great :)
    Now to a bug i noticed.. The F309 and F301 do not have any talent files for the drivers therefore resulting in the AI being crazy and and races are a bumper car fest :)
    Just thought i would bring this to Reiza's attention it should be a simple quick fix for the tech team :)

12. Guilherme Borghezani

Track & Layout Used:Interlagos GP
    Car Used:Mini Cooper
    Applicable Settings:110% AI, MEDIUM AGRESSION
    Report: AI drive like crazy, very agressive and CRASH

13. smove

smove Member AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn't call that unrealistic. A lot of cars have their radiator placed in the front, so crashing frontally would often lead to a blown radiator and engine damage subsequently.

• Like Like x 1
  14. smove

smove Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any (tracks with trees around preferred, Velo Citta and VIR for example)
    Car Used: any car with a windshield (Opala, Mini, MR18 etc.)
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: From cockpit view, trees get crossed by bright thin lines that are mostly visible when making slow turns or driving up/down a crest (i.e. when trees are moving left/right or up/down in relation to your direction). This creates strange and distracting patterns, especially in the upper part of the window. It looks as if there is a problem with the windscreen texture itself when being layered across tree textures. The problem is not apparent when using hood view or driving open wheelers. It's difficult to see it in static screenshots which is why I can't provide one.
    Steps to reproduce: drive a car with windshield from cockpit view

15. SHOTIME

SHOTIME Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately, that's a known limitation at the moment. Hopefully Reiza can figure something out, as it is a little bit annoying.

If you have access to Reiza 51, here's a post by Renato about it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Guilherme Borghezani

i had the same MINI issue, now with camaro
    AI crashing on first lap, driving like a crazy
    curitiba for ex

17. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Cascavel Supertruck
    Car Used: Supertruck
    Applicable Settings: Time Trial mode
    Report: It is possible (and quicker) to complete a valid lap without taking either of the jumps by driving to the left of the ramps if you keep very close to both of them.
    Steps to reproduce: Do the above

18. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A small thing, here - the insertion cursor is outside of the notes box.
    It eventually moves into the box, but it's always positioned one row above what you are typing.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Pavel Koshkin

Car Used: Supertruck
    Report: transparent part of the model
    [​IMG]

Car Used: Copa Montana
    Report: Suspension? And its gone o_O
    [​IMG]

20. SirVanhan

SirVanhan New Member

Track & Layout Used: Speedland Kart
    Car Used: Rental Kart
    Applicable Settings: Night time, high graphic
    Report: On the inside of the slow indoor corners, the white line blinks.

Track & Layout Used: Speedland Kart
    Car Used: Rental Kart
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: You can drive through all the tire walls and appear on the other side of them without any scratch. They are just graphic walls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.