1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replays

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SwaggerJacker, May 22, 2020.

1. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ever wish you could save a replay even if you retired to the pits? There have been times when I'm having great battles with the AI and then either the AI or me, do something stoooopid and wind up wrecked with severe damage. No use continuing. It is here I'd like to retire to the pits, skip to the end and watch or save the replay. At present, we don't have that option. I'm hoping this is a possibility down the road. Also, it would be cool if we could zoom the replay camera out a bit. Track-side, but zoomed out a bit more to better take in the replay and the race unfolding. One can dream. :)

2. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I agree about the posibility to zoom out trackside cameras. Currently it focuses too much on the selected car, missing the peripheral action.

I would love to have the posibilitie to view and save every track action when I want, of course, but I think it's a limitation with the Madness engine because PC2 is very limited regarding replays too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Spot on. Exactly what I was trying to say.

4. Da Bogo

Da Bogo New Member

Totally agree with that zoom- level

5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm, in VR it’s the other way round: too far away from the action IMHO...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah in VR the replay mostly seems to be of an empty track (when viewing hotlaps for example.) Quite often when the camera jumps to the next shot the player car has already gone by, the camera really needs to pivot towards the target car also. TBH I'm not bothered about this being fixed without proper sound (tyres etc.) and correct virtual wheel rotation in replays.

7. Da Bogo

Da Bogo New Member

In VR (at least in PC2) the Trackside camera only has fixated points which u can jump with the + and - keys on NUMPAD
    unfortunately very odd too

replays have always been very annoying in PC2 for me, hope Reiza can fix them at least al little bit

8. gov47

gov47 Member AMS2 Club Member

there are keybinds for this but they don’t work in ams2 sadly. Replays in VR are worthless atm.

9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They should NOT pivot towards the car IMHO if you mean that the camera should turn automatically to follow the car. This causes nausea in VR for me and many others. I meant they should place the camera nearer to the action. For the turning I will simply turn my head to look around and follow the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe a button to switch between VR and non VR replay cameras (assuming they are different.) I find the angles too large to comfortably turn my head. If I want to watch TV cam I often take my headset off and watch the mirror and the view can be clipped through objects/the floor and not often of the car just an empty track.

11. gov47

gov47 Member AMS2 Club Member

Having both static trackside cams (just more of them) and a VR TV cam is really needed IMO. Assetto Corsa is really good for replays in VR, just lacking an interface for easy navigation. Iracing has a nice selection of cams and work well in VR. So there are a lot of examples to work from. This game is so good in VR already, it just needs some little things like good mirrors and a good replay system to really get VR users to flock to the game.