1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another triples issue

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BistoKid, Apr 7, 2020.

1. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

@Alwin Reid - as guys said:-

1. Setup Nvidia surround to span screens and then setup bevel correction.
    2. Go to AMS2 and set resolution in options>performance to your original resolution before bevel correction; mine is 5760x1080 60hz.
    3. Go to options>triple screen check triple screen spanning.
    4. Go to Race menu>test day and check how it looks.
    5. If required adjust data in options>triple screen to fine tune. My left screen 47.00 / 26.00 / 1.00 / 1.00 / 0.00 / 77.00 - Centre 47.00 / 26.00 / 1.00 / 1.00 / 0.00 / 0.00 / 60.00 - Right 47.00 / 26.00 / 1.00 / 1.00 / 0.00 / 73.00.

Hope this helps and I got it right, sure others will chime in.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Breeker

Breeker New Member

Doesn't work for me unfortunately. And for other sims I don't want to set a bezel correction, it shouldn't be necessary. Screen alignment is just not correct.

3. Scoops

Scoops Member

I’m unable to change the distance from the centre screen? Anyone else had this or just me?

4. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

I'm not sure that screen is functioning 100% at this time. The main function that setting provides is trying to auto-calc the FOV. In short, I wouldn't worry about that setting to much and just adjust the FOV manually the first time to hit the track. The default keys for adjusting the FOV on the fly are '[' and ']'.

5. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

You can edit that distance in the triplescreen.xml file in your documents/Automobilista 2 folder.

6. Breeker

Breeker New Member

I'm on 21:9 triples with 7680*1080. Still abysmal distortion. Only in AMS2. I really makes me play less. Hope this can be sorted out. Reported a bug here. Anyone with widescreen triples the same problem?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  7. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

As I stated before, setting up bezel correction using NV surround as well as in-game, is the only way I could get the side monitors to line up vertically. Without that the side monitors were too high above the centre line and too low below it.
    It doesn't mess up other games as whatever adjustment they have in-game can compensate for using surround.
    That said, the triple setup in AMS2 isn't the best and I hope they will change it to vertical alignment at some point because although it can be set near perfect, it's not quite bang on compared to other games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Breeker

Breeker New Member

Thanks for your reply, but the method described by Bisto doesn't solve anything in my situation. I have triple widescreen monitors and distortion remains. It is exactly as you describe: below the centre line (for example the mirrors) are placed too high on the side monitors, whereas the wall once leaving the pitlane is too high. Terrible.

9. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Puchouy

Puchouy New Member

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I tried a few different triple configs to see what worked for me. In the end the only thing that worked correctly was to:
    - Measure the screens only, not the monitors, the actual screen size.
    - Add bezel sizes only on the centerScreen config, in my case 2cm on each side which would be the distance between the center screen and the other 2 screens.

I hope this helps anyone trying to setup their monitors.

11. note2ybk

note2ybk New Member

Hi. As Bistro noted, I wrote within another thread that the vertical misalignment appears to be because the game expects your height and width to have the same aspect ratio as your resolution. That’s why it’s fine if you measure the viewable screen, but wonky if you measure the physical monitor/bezel. So, measure the physical width, but calculate the height instead. For example, my 1080p monitors are 54 cm wide. So I divide 54 by 1920 and multiply by 1080 to get a calculated height of 30.375. Using the calculated height solved the vertical misalignment with that weird stretch above/below the centerline. I include more detail as well as an excel sheet for overal FOV calcs in that thread as well.
    [Triple Screen]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Breeker

Breeker New Member

You just made my day. This solved it 100%! Many many thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

this is the exact issue i have, i use the asus bezel kit so don't want to add bezel correction in the control panel as i don't need it, this is a year later and still an issue, left and right screens are vertically different than the centre

14. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

OMG thank you this worked

why doesn't the game just have an option to select screen size, for example all 27" monitors have the same panel size, surely that would have been easier, what a silly way of having to setup triples, i guess that left over from sms days though

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. note2ybk

note2ybk New Member

Good! Glad it worked!

16. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know this is a really old thread, but I created a calculator because of this (and several other) post. It removes the possibility of putting in the wrong dimensions of your monitors, as it calculates the height of the monitor via the resolution, which completely eliminates any issues described in this thread.

Multi-Purpose FOV Calculator (Make Copy to Use)