1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This sim is truly superb

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by F2020, Jun 18, 2020.

1. F2020

F2020 Member

Just wanted to pop that in!

Finished an hour of the Formula Ultimate round a mix of tracks, its sublime.

Beats RF2 imo now, the handling is wonderful, ffb is top tier (its really really good). The car just / driving just feels natural, not forced, just organic, its rhythmic. Also brakes are now really good, feel very much like a real car in the way they stop etc.

Very excited about the future of AMS2.

Cheers to whoever makes this (if you read this post).

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Try some of the other cars. The Formula Classics and Formula Vintage are a hoot. Formula Vintage Gen 1 has finally been sorted... they drive really nice now. I dont know about the Formula Vintage Gen 2, sicne I hear they're slower than Gen 1 due to the aero. That'll be balanced out for the full release Im sure.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. F2020

F2020 Member

Yeah love the formula classics, i usually race the 90's versions, but will try the older ones out tonight.

Cant wait for the full release, excited to do some championships etc.

4. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Give the Stock V8 a go too, Jerez in a stock V8 for example but that car works well on all tracks in the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@F2020 No... You are superb!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen New Member

Another new guy here. R3E has been my main sim last couple of years, but got excited when i heard AMS 2 was coming. Decided to buy beta, was not too impressed with first versions (like many said, it has that PC2 pivot steering etc) but i knew Reiza guys would deal with it. And boy they did! Very impressed now how fast they sorted physics and ffb. I can't lie, i'm now in love with it. Runs very smooth even with my ancient puter with VR, have very nice graphics, weather, ffb, physics, simply put winner package. Hopefully we get more classic content in future like gr2/gr5 cars, old touring cars etc.

Also can't wait M1 Procar, one of my favorites, will be interesting to compare it to R3E one wich i consider to be the best out of there. Good times ahead!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

What the what?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jukka Karppinen

So you have never heard the term or have never played project cars 1 or 2? It's the feeling that steering happens in middle of the car rather than front where the wheels are. It was still present with early builds (can't remember exactly wich cars i tested back then) but now it's fortunately gone for good with physics updates. Some people even want to refund because they believed it's feature of madness engine and it's impossible to get rid of it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Sampo

I never felt that with PC1 or PC2. Or with this game. It seems you've heard someone say it and then decided that it is true without even trying yourself.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jukka Karppinen

Glad you never felt it, however i did like i wrote. So did quite many others. However it's no more present in current builds and steering feels great now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Sampo

Deleted. Not worth it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

It's called CG, Center of Gravity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. vortex

vortex Member

Are you saying that cars should steer around their centre of gravity?

14. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

No, I'm saying CG influences a vehicles behavior. There is a "pivot point" on all vehicles which is the "balance point".

[​IMG]

That location may be further forward or further back depending on the car. FWD cars tend to be more forward. The whole "steering pivot point" argument is baseless and ridiculous. What most people tend to focus on is camera behavior in which most cameras that have been used by SMS are not that dynamic and focus on a "single point" of the car. This makes some "flat earthers" believe the car physics are also on that same focal "pivot" point when they are completely separate concepts.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Madonion

Madonion Member

i had the pivot ffb in one custom file early on in early access so know what he meant. Was quickly sorted out though. Latest Nuscorpii V2.3 is the best ffb if felt. Great sim!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jukka Karppinen

Maybe it is ridiculous, but in my opinion it describes best how steering felt in PC1/2 and early version of AMS2. In fact i was PC1 backer from day 1 and really wanted to like it but could not get the steering feel good no matter wich setup/ffb files i tried, "pivot steering" was always there, also tested PC2 and same thing was clearly there so never bought it. That's why i was bit worried when i first tested AMS2 and noticed it again. I wanted to let it mature for some time, and couple of months and later that feeling was fortunately gone, now steering feels absolutely brilliant. I don't know if they changed something in camera views (i've not read all the changelogs) but what i know they updated ffb and physics quite lot at this time.

Anyhow, what does matter for me is that weird feeling is now gone, looking forward to v.1.0 and beyond. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

While you might not want to believe it, I can tell you that it was all in your head. That being said, Reiza has made a lot of FFB changes. Those have nothing to do with the underlying physics directly but if this is solely down to what your "felt" via the FFB, then those changes likely have altered that "feeling".

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Is it coming? old favourite here

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Jukka Karppinen

It was in first teaser so i'm really hoping it is. Not officially confirmed as far as i know thought...

20. Jukka Karppinen

Maybe you are right, maybe it was something to do with cameras or ffb, or maybe bit of a both.
    In fact i never said it has necessarily anything to do with physics, just something that was there with all previous madness engined games, and it was gone with updates (including changes with physics and ffb). Seems that Reiza guys were able to do something differently than SMS.

Over and out!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1