1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RST Telemetry App by RacingSimTools

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Zeraxx, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hard to actually determine anything useful from a partial graph. You can also look at the car set up analysis section at the far right end.
    upload_2020-6-13_20-29-1.png
    Otherwise, you might have to look at specific portions of the graphs where you're actually in a corner.
    upload_2020-6-13_20-31-5.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought I might try this today. Disappointed to see thee is no trial functionality. Based on reading this thread there is still some development to do to make it fully functional and user friendly. Combined with a pay per month pricing model that I'm inherently against, I'm out until I can dip my toe in the water safely.

3. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

This isnt pay per month though, you just pay 1 time fee for a license. At least I did and nowhere does it say I will be billed monthly :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. lawgicau

The text within the app says monthly fee. I'd much rather pay a higher one off. Either way, I want to trial that it works before giving any money.

5. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Thats really odd, can you show where please? I havent seen it anywhere on webpage or in app, I bought a license to use AMS2 part of the app and nowhere does it state I will be billed monthly or that my license would expire in a month.

6. lawgicau

It's on the website:
    upload_2020-6-22_14-32-51.png
    On further inspection it seems for individual games it's a one off fee, although this is inferred rather than explicit. The text above implies pricing is subscription based.

7. viper4r

viper4r Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you buy a game license you pay one time only.
    If it were monthly, one game would cost nearly twice as much as the subscription for all games and that makes no sense.

8. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Do you need ALL the sims right away? Why not watch one of the videos and pay just 15 bucks to test it in AMS2 maybe?

edit: ah ok you found the one off fee :)

9. lawgicau

I have no problem spending money on something that's proven. It's just that I have no way of proving it myself and based on this thread it's very much a work in progress. I'll keep my eye on it and in the mean time evaluate some alternatives.

10. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

anyone who is using this software regularly that came from the usual suspects please shoot me a pm!

11. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

RST has discord with very helpful audience if you need to ask/check something specific.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have any problem with this tool and licence.
    Just download and when installed choose the licence you want and pay for it, but only one time. There isn't a monthly bill.
    Maybe the 'seenable' pricing on the website is a little bit confusing but it's possible to buy the licence after installing and via CreditCard (no PayPal needed). I bought it in mid April 2020 and I have to say it's worth to have this tool.
    And if RST can find a solution for auto-importing vehicle parameters than it's perfect!

13. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the feedback, as always with everything I work on, It is a constant work in progress, which is why we price it the way we do, it allows us to continue development. We have some new features in the work, which is why we haven't had an update in a while.

1) GPU Rendered Graphs
    2) Video Recording, and Video Comparison between different laps.
    3) Pro-Data, Database which allows users to pull in data from some "aliens" and compare where your losing time etc.

If you don't agree with our pricing model then that is perfectly fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fabiano Heyse

Fabiano Heyse New Member

15. Fabiano Heyse

Fabiano Heyse New Member

16. lawgicau

I agree, but in this case the wording is ambiguous.
    That is a killer feature, well done.

17. lawgicau

So I ended up paying the $15. Currently evaluating this and two other alternatives. So far I'm impressed and happy.

The setup stuff looks handy but at this stage I'm mainly interested in my own driver inputs vs speed and lap time.
    Three things I can't work out after going through the manual:
    1. How to delete a session from the left hand column? I can see save and load, and I can delete individual laps, but not the last lap in a session which means it is stuck there. Searching the discord sees other people wanting this feature. It's gets messy quickly when each session is minimised so I hope this feature is on the way.
    2. Is there any way to have the time slip graph as part of the 'Driving Line' screen. I thought it was pretty standard to see the driver steering/throttle/brake inputs vs speed and time slip. The others graphs are handy too, so maybe a tick which ones you want on a screen would be good.
    3. I've assigned hot keys but they don't seem to do anything.

18. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. lawgicau

I've been testing that too plus Secondmonitor. Each of the three have aspects I like and don't like. If I could combine my favourite bits from all three I'd be very happy.
    At the moment RST is closest to what I'm after.

20. lawgicau

I've been watching a few of the YouTube videos on tweaking setup with this app and they are excellent. Helps me see the power of the software, especially for car setup.
    Only trouble is they are for acc, race room and pc2 so not everything translates.
    Can I please request one of these detailed videos using ams2? Sprint race as car if possible.
    I think it would help sell some copies for ams2.