1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matchmaking & crossplay

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by David Harrison, Jun 22, 2020.

1. David Harrison

David Harrison New Member

Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered. I have done a search and couldn't find anything.

What are the chances of this game having matchmaking and cross-platform support? Something similar to GT sport on PS4.

I loved the matchmaking on GT sport, it was free, worked well and made for fair competitive races. But the lack of VR and the poor physics put me off the game.

Iracing is just too expensive, and SRS on assetto corsa is ok but not a high player count.

It can't be just me that thinks there is a massive gap in the market to be filled with a good free matchmaking service?
    Also to include cross-platform would increase the player base for fairer more competitive matching.

I have the pre-release and love the feel of the game. A good matchmaking service would make this game dominate IMO.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Aletdownofstate

Aletdownofstate Maldonado's Front Wing

Cross platform? AMS2 (And GTS for that matter) are both on single platforms, there's nothing to crossplay with.

But yeah, I'd like some iRacing/GTS style organised matchmaking eventually too.

3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Organized match-making makes sense...
    Cross-platform... terrible idea. The amount of work required to make such a complicated feature happen would sink the engineering team. Development kits for 1st parties alone are mega expensive.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1