1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@NuScorpii, and for those of you using the latest Heavy Messing (v2.3), are the intense oscillations normal in the corners? Specifically tested the Roco at Oulton Park using in-game of Gain=30, LFB=5, and FX=50. I'm on a SC2 Pro wheelbase using full-strength output.

The file feels sooooo good right out of the box to me, and I'm not saying that the oscillations are bad/wrong, but I'm new to this stuff, and I honestly just don't know. I've only driven one real open-wheel race car on a track, and I don't recall feeling the same thing IRL. However, that was several years ago now, so perhaps my memory is flawed.

Anyway, if someone could confirm/deny that the strong oscillations are supposed to be there, that would be terrific. To me, it kind of feels like the front wheels are getting airborne for a split second (or at least unloading substantially for a split second), and then coming back to the surface. Happening repeatedly through all corners at speed. Kind of like I'm skipping the car through the corners, which I don't think I am, but maybe I'm just that bad at driving! Haha.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Bug fix update:

Sorry, won't happen again :).... It would suck too much that the last post I made contained a file with a bad bug in it... Also important in case anybody continues any work on it or needs something from it in any other way...

The bug caused the momentum to not be active when it should... Pretty bad & very different feeling when it works as it should.

* Fix: Big, bad Momentum blend bug - Removed it completely under most circumstances...

* Fix made more momentum make sense, so added more.. Lower it if you find it too much.

(NOT to steal any thunder from your last file @NuScorpii, what you made there is an absolute blast!)

Custom ffb file attached "Silver Raw v2.0 - Momentum Rack 2.0":

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah man, thanks for the fix! I'm gonna have to wait until the end of next week to check it unfort. Hopefully, by then we also have the final V of AMS2 out as well! Till then gonna be pretty busy :(.

Get ready for some more changes by then:p:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Small non-functional update to add support for the new custom ffb management tool. (As long as people can download it...)

Just adding in the comment tags to limit the variables that are visible for editing. (Doesn't really warrant a minor version update but what evs ;) )

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried to change the car set-up? If you feel like your tires are skipping, perhaps your springs and dampers are set too hard.

6. Skaegbiffet

Skaegbiffet New Member

I generally dont signup for these forums but I've been so impressed with these custom FFB settings I had to comment. Initially I did like Karstens FFB settings as that was the first one I tried but started noticing some notchiness while driving and me being on a g29 the notchiness is pretty awful when it happens. So today I tried Nuscorpi's and holy ****, its truly amazing. Was was even able to turn up the LFB to 70-100 without the notchiness.

Anyways I just wanted to tell you guys how much I appreciate the effort you're putting into this and it's making the game 10x more enjoyable. Like others have stated, they should hire you guys 100%!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

@Shadak , this is for your request to relax the center. Sorry I cannot attach in direct messages. After this, make sure to try @NuScorpii 's latest, if you did not already do so. It is dialed in really nice. I doubt you would need to adjust much, if anything.
    Otherwise, if you like how this one feels, then great or you can dial it in too. They prob. can be made to feel very similar with some fine tuning. I did not look in the other file, but I would assume that the biggest easily adjustable differences are in regards to bumps/large bumps lfb settings as well as the blending between Reiza & custom rack calculations. Fwiw.

Momentum was too sharp on some wheels, while I had originally thought it to be a good thing, it is clear from request that it was too much.

* Relaxed the center.

* Added variable to adjust center relaxation "momentum_center_relax".

* Turned down momentum to 1.5.

"momentum_center_relax" can be adjusted higher for more relaxed & lower for less.
    Set default at 1.8 providing a middle-road.

Attached custom ffb file: "Silver Raw v2.1 - Momentum Rack 2.0":

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks I will give it a shot. Does anyone have a different default car/track combo they've been using to test the file that I could try as well? Thanks again.

9. Gaspedal

Gaspedal New Member AMS2 Club Member

I find your previous version 2.1a much better as latest versions until 2.4. More realistic FFB effects and the handling is much better. Because this, I'll hold on V2.1a until next versions. :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  10. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here on my T300rs. Thx alot for your work :)!
    Edit: Actually I prefer the 2.3 version

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  11. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

+1
    Until today on AMS2 I have wanted to refuse to use the modified ffb files in order not to fall back into the nightmare of PC2 (where I ran more to find the balance of the steering wheel, than to have fun races) .... but I too I have to change my mind ... out of curiosity I copied the last file of NuScorpii v. 2.4, modified in it the minimum force to 0.6 (as recommended for my G920), set in gane "custon profile" and left the default values equal to 100-50-50 ... and wow I am really amazed by the feeling of my cheap wheel!!!!

Congratulations, a really good job ... I will wait for the 1.0 version of the game to check how much improvement Reiza can bring to its default setting ... but I think it is difficult to do better ... I hope they take a lot of ideas from your excellent job .... you amazed me ;)

Is there anyone of you who has my own steering wheel (or even the G29) and who can give me some advice on what to change to still have an improvement in sensations?
    The rules are the same as the default file ???
    If I want a slightly fuller center I only raise LFB???
    If I wanted it a little less soft it is more scrape what should I increase ???

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Jefka

Jefka New Member

I'm pretty sure I've seen it before somewhere in this thread but can't find it anymore. Using @NuScorpii 's latest Heavy Messing (not tried the other ones with 0.9.7.) I'm getting a wild moving wheel even standing still, it just pulls left en right pretty violently. That's with a fanatec CSW v2.5, pretty much every gain/lfb/fx setting. Any idea what it might be? As always I deleted the ams2 folder with the latest release.

13. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Check your fanatec drivers if they are installed up to the most recent firmware. LFB needs to be added even if to 1 otherwise it will generate some erratic behaviour from the wheel.
    I also had an issue when I had 2 different files for AMS2 and AMS2 beta, so one of them did not have/could not detect the custom file, so in my case no custom file but choosing custom file would create a big wheel problem.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jefka

Jefka New Member

Ah yeah ofcourse. I did a windows refresh recently and might not have updated drivers afterwards. Will check after the acc 12 hours race tomorrow. Rather not mess with drivers beforehand :) Thanks for the suggestion!

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I had a similar experience last night, I thought it may be due to using the Madness FFB Tool improperly(?). I replaced the "Custom ffb" file with a fresh copy of the original (Heavy Messing 2.4) and the issues were gone.

16. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I wonder if somebody can help me out here to understand which of the posted files would go with a Thrustmaster TX. I tried to figure it out by looking through the posts but miserably failed. Currently I have the settings at 80, 50, 50, 40 So, pretty much at default except I lowered the gain from 100 to 80. Thanks in advance.

17. psone

psone Guest

@Chip I think I'm experiencing the same thing as you are. Not quite sure how to describe it. It's really apparent on cornering with the AJR. If I watch a replay right after a corner the chassis pitching forward and back seems tomto exactly the feeling coming through the wheel. It's really distracting. I'dl to understand what parameter might allow me dial that sensation down. So far I haven't been able to pinpoint. Other then that I'm blown away by the improvements.

Using @NuScorpii HM v2.4 + CSL elite

18. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Try this one , best I have found for my G920 . Should suit your thrustmaster as they are fairly similar in output .
    Can't remember off hand if I tweaked anything or not but maybe just increase min force a fraction to tighten up the centre .

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. NuScorpii

You could try reducing the load_scale variable. The load_scale amplifies the ffb depending on the load on the front wheels so if it is during these pitching forwards / backwards events that you mainly find the issue then that is likely to be it. Reducing macro_details may also help.

• Like Like x 1
  20. NuScorpii

If you get the issue again I would be interested in seeing a copy of the ffb file in case there are any obvious differences.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1