1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DFGT wheel, cars fail to launch of grid in new added circuits since v1.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Paul A., Jul 1, 2020.

1. Paul A.

Paul A. New Member

Since the 1.0 update on the new track circuits such as Bathurst or Adelaide at the grid start the car just revs up and drags sideways as if the Parking brake would be enabled generating smoke and unable to advance being completely left behind. The wheel works perfectly with the old track circuits such as Interlagos, Oulton Park or Imola (have only tried Ultima, Ginetta and 125cc kart). Before 1.0 never had an issue during the Early Access. Car does the same forward or on reverse, no changes if i remap the clutch or park brake. All the opponents seem to struggle a bit as well and more sparks are coming out from underneath the cars during the start than normal as if the elevation data of the asphalt is off by a few cm but they can all advance at least. Wheel drivers are up to date and work perfectly fine on AC, ACC, Rfactor 2, and iracing.

2. Sandra Honeyman

Sandra Honeyman New Member

I have exactly the same problem Paul. I am using a Microsoft Elite 2 controller. I have been through all the tracks with a variety of cars and they are all great, except Adelaide and Bathurst. Regardless of which car I try I cannot get of the grid at Adelaide and Bathurst.

3. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not a proper fix but you could maybe use a rolling start as workaround.

4. Paul A.

Paul A. New Member

Thanks buddy, I will give the rolling start a go so i can at least get a feel of the new tracks. Pitty, Bathurst is one of my favorite circuits, i hope they will fix it soon otherwise im back to Acc version. Its strange as i see ytube videos on Bathurst working fine but they're probably using a different wheel.

5. Paul A.

Paul A. New Member

Very strange that it only happens on some controllers Sandra. If it would be the an issue with the track im guessing that all controllers whould behave the same. If its the controller outside the game not much can be done unfortunately, my DFGT is pretty old and already running on latest drivers. I can get a better wheel but a bit sad as i was planning to soon pass this wheel to my 6yrs daughter for the sim rig i've just built for her. Hopefully someone at Reiza will see this thread and find a solution.

6. Stevie777

Stevie777 New Member

Reset your date. You are racing in winter time. The customdate settimg got screwed up after the last update it seems.

7. Paul A.

Paul A. New Member

Omg this actually worked. Didn't even realised there was snow around the track. Going into Single Race -> Race Settings -> Reset to defaults sorted the issue.

Thank you Stevie777!!!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  8. Sandra Honeyman

Sandra Honeyman New Member

I uninstalled the game, deleted everything left on my PC regarding Automobilista 2 and re-installed the game. That solved the problem.