1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General AMS2 Release & Feedback Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Micropitt, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I have and have got to my wits end with the FFB and overall steering feel.

I'll do another reinstall tomorrow. However tlsmikey spelled out my gripes with the lack of feel from a different perspective that hit home with what I have felt all night. There's no dig in feel.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Good point, I recall needing to do this in rF2; you needed to run a full qualifying session for the best race with AI.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What fictional content ? Every car and every track in this game exists in real life.

edit : except for a few formula cars witch are not that far off from the real life counterparts.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I had something like this going on and had to adjust my brake dead zone. It was sensing a small amount of brake pressure, and it just created some weird issues in certain situations. After addressing that, I have no problem inducing lift off oversteer. The high downforce Formula cars arent going to do it, but the Formula Vintage and the Caterhams seem to respond pretty typically to me. This is, ultimately, a feel thing, but I feel like those cars do a great job at this.

The Formula Retro understeer is vicious, but I dont think that's necessarily the norm for the game. The Formula V12, Caterham 620R, Formula Vintage all have extremely fun, very controllable oversteer. Im sure others do too. The Formula Retro definitely, so far, doesnt behave that way. Maybe with some setup tweaks it can be dialed in more neutrally, but Im sure we'll get it figured out at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  5. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you know how to enable custom FFB? Put this in you My Documents folder, set to custom in game.

gain 70
    lfb 30-40 (great for my T300; lower for DD wheels)
    fx 50

*This is not my development. It is a result of months of development by @NuScorpii, done parallel with Reiza's own default development.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

These days, if a car is not a Porsche, BMW, Aston Martin or Ferrari (likely in GT3 flavor), then it is considered as fictional content. Likewise, tracks other than Spa and Monza are considered fictional too, especially if they are located in Brazil. That's 2020 grade simracing.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How do you expect anyone to help you without providing any useful details? What are your in-game settings? Are you using custom or default FFB? What wheel do you have? The majority of people have provided spectacular FFB feedback and details compared to other games (myself included).

Complaining without details is just wasting time...

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Scar666

There are plenty of threads for discussion of specific problems, especially FFB.

This thread is about first thoughts on AMS2 v1.0.

Attacking constructive criticism due to faboyism does little to help the cause of fixing the game. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Scar666

I've tried settings very similar to those in my myriad of attempts, as well NuScorpii's heavy file and the latest by Karsten Hvidberg.

The only change I get in feel is turning the gain up changes the strength of the generic resistance and then changing to the custom files gives me a little bit of kerb rumble going over them but absolutely no suspension feedback from hitting a kerb at speed. As well as absolutely no feel for the tyres.

Upon reading through the different FFB threads here it seems I am out of options as I don't see any benefit in editing NuScorpii's or Karsten's files.

I'm going to do another deletion/install session tomorrow and then see if I can get something out of it.

10. Scar666

Great post, it comprises a lot of my gripes with the physics that I was hoping was from a complete lack of FFB feel with my TS-PC and the related frustration that it brought.

I had hoped that Reiza could of dialed out most of the problems with the Madness engine. That feeling of not really being in control of the car is something that is across all 3 Madness engine games.

There is still plenty of time for them to find workarounds like they did for the gmotor engine, so we can hope these issue get smoothed out so are far less noticeable.

11. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Classic Gen I: (2 Cars)
    Formula Classic Gen II: (3 Cars)
    Formula Classic Gen III: (3 Cars)
    Formula Reiza: (1 Car)
    Formula Retro (5 Cars, only 2 are Fictitious)
    Formula Trainer (1 Car)
    Formula Trainer Advanced (1 Car)
    Formula Ultimate (1 Car)
    Formula V10 (1 Car)
    Formula V12 (1 Car)
    Formula Vee (1 Car)
    Formula Vintage (2 Cars)
    Formula Vintage II (2 Cars)

A lot of those cars are decent interpretations of what they are meant to be and I think the only true fantasy car of the bunch is Formula Reiza. I also understand how its basically impossible to get a modern F1 license, but I think it's important to note that theres a lot of content there that isn't licensed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Still getting bugsplats when joining or leaving multiplayer

13. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

deleted

14. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

The "generic" Formula Retro cars are the Shadow DN5 and DN7

Formula Vintage Gen1/2 M2 is the Eagle-Weslake T1G. It's where the rims of the Formula-Vintage cars come.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

The dela is very frustrating. Most tell you how your doing against your best lap. AMS2 delta just tells you how your doing against the previous lap. WTF! Most sims do the former

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Scar666

You can switch between deltas with a mapped key. It's under "split times"

17. 250swb

250swb Active Member

We already know content is currently limited by the VIRUS, so deals are difficult for Reiza to strike with circuits and manufacturers when their marketing departments are in lockdowns, Reiza have said so. But some of the previous comments make me think some people are sucking from the tits of previous sims and expecting the same milk instead of something better. Nothing is perfect yet, but to compare AMS2 with to other sims,... well why should it be the same! Insanity is repeating the same mistake time after time and expecting a different result!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael Magnus

Michael Magnus New Member AMS2 Club Member

It shouldn't necessarily be the same as other Sims but it should get things right that are working great in other Sims. I can't get any lift-off overstear, almost all of the low downforce cars understeer like crazy and can't be driven like in real life or some other Sims. Thats why I'm comparing, it feels completely wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Have you tried tweaking the differential settings at all?

20. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Agreed and I have just tested a lot of cars, including high DF and any adjustment to Clutch LSD has almost no effect. As soon as I switch to Geared LSD I can feel differences.