1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General AMS2 Release & Feedback Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Micropitt, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Michael Magnus

Michael Magnus New Member AMS2 Club Member

No I haven't. I'm no expert with car setups, I want the default setups to be driveable at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For what it's worth I have no suspension feedback when hitting sausage curbs at speed or any feedback from big crashes or contact.
    TM TX I've noticed this in both AMS2 and PC2.
    However I do feel the other things your having issues with.

3. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

Do Reiza developers lay awake at night, knowing deep down that choosing the Madness engine for AMS 2 was a mistake?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No, they already mentioned they are very happy with their choice and i agree with them. To be honest i can't think of any better alternative.
    And it looks like most people are very positive about this game, 88% positive reviews on steam is pretty good for a new sim.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I agree, but differential setup makes a huge difference with cars that dont have a lot of downforce, and it's not as clear cut as it is with other adjustments. It's definitely something you tune to your driving style and what skill level you have with that driving style. I think that's why you're not getting lift-off oversteer, because I use it all the time and I love how controllable the cars are to slide around.

I don't know man, I've not played any other game that is as fun on the limit as AMS2. The cars seem a lot more alive to me than the cars in other games, and all the 80s-90s F1 cars are amazing to drive too. I am not sold on the Formula Retro yet... I think it may need some tweaking, but from Formula Vintage up to Formula V12 and V10, I think they've absolutely nailed it. I havent raced as many of the cars, but I did find the Ultima GTR really fun.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. Michael Magnus

I don't have any experience with setups, so I can't tune that to my liking. I don't understand why the default setup is so bad. I can understand that default setups have to be pretty neutral and not too aggressive, but this is not just neutral, it's completely undriveable for me.

I've driven some lower powered sports cars from friends on trackdays and they all could be driven with careful weight transfers and lift-off oversteer. I've never driven any good balanced car that starts to understeer if you lift the throttle. They all begin to turn in because of weight transfer.

The cars in-game just don't feel natural to me at all. Especially the lower downforce ones. I'm not even sure if this is just a setup problem or some bigger problem of the game engine itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

First off, your opinion is not wrong... I dont necessarily agree, but feeling weight transfer while in stationary sim racing rig is really difficult, I dont know that my opinion on it is any more valid than yours. My perception of it is extremely subjective.

However I did feel like you can definitely feel it at Brands Hatch in the Formula Vintage cars. I feel like Im having to balance the weight distribution of the car quite carefully as most of the corners have pretty intense elevation changes, and it dramatically exagerrates or negates the weight transfers as you negotiate through them. It's not that I dont notice/feel it other places, but Brands Hatch is such a wild circuit it's just more noticeable to me.

8. Michael Magnus

OK, I just tried the Formula Vintage on Brands Hatch and it's exactly the same. The cars start to understeer like crazy instead of turning in if I lift off the throttle. This doesn't feel like correct weigh transfer at all. It just feels completely wrong and not nearly like what I would expect. This even happens at slow speeds, so I'm not just over driving the car.

I've driven some cars in real life and you had to lift the throttle for the car to settle and to turn in. This doesn't work at all in AMS2. They just plow in a straight line instead of better front grip and turning behaviour.

I have absolutely no problems in the other Sims. AMS1, RF2, AC all handle like expected.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Dennis

Yes, this is what they are expected to say in the light of day, but I am speaking about the private moments when they are free to be honest with themselves. Madness engine is a failure, they know this in those private moments.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Instead of bad mouthing decisions, why don't you provide clear technical reasons? Are you a game engine developer? What is your real gripe and point? The VR is absolutely fantastic, the game looks amazing and much less resource hungry than ACC... What are you talking about when you say failure without any specifics to back up your argument?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I think you've lost the plot or maybe have an issue with the madness engine, loads of cars understeer when off the throttle, just like some understeer on throttle, same goes for oversteer, you've got to learn to drive the car, it's not just a case of jumping in and all cars feeling the same.
    I have driven alot of track/race cars since a young age and my opinion is that AMS2 alongside RF2 are leagues ahead in terms of FFB/Physics compared to any other.
    I don't see how your expecting a car just too turn in at speed off the throttle, without any understeer or weight transfer taking place, try trail braking or giving a bit of throttle to move the weight over the front wheels, instead of just using the same technique over and over.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. RoccoTTS

If that's your real honest opinion, maybe it's better to move over to another game and another forum.
    If i have to take a guess, the only reason why you are here is for trolling.
    We don't need people like you here on this forum, goodbye !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Dennis

I see, it's a fanboy only thread. Should have known :rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. pflynhi

pflynhi New Member AMS2 Club Member

I would rate V1 release a solid 7.5 ( should be a 8 but there are a few issues that need addressed).
    I love the way the game looks and performs on my triple screen PC...simply beautiful.
    VR performance is fantastic as well, even though some cars need some love with the drivers legs (painful to look at some of them) and animations (some don't shift or completely miss the gear stick etc which kinda breaks the immersion).
    Car driving/handling/feel is great, thou curbs are a bit light in feel IMO, but I can live with that.
    Sound's are good but could use a little refinement.
    My only grip(s) and the biggest let down is the AI, if that get's fixed I'd give it a 9.
    If/when we ever get the ability to create our own custom championships along with the AI fix, hands down a solid 10.
    Keep up the great work!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

This absolutely is the key!

• Like Like x 1
  16. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think it is about being a fanboy or not , but it is about the emptiness of this question and supposition.
    I don't think the Reiza developers have been awake to regret anything but they stayed awake to make a brilliant game for us. And I'm sure they'll do their utmost to address any shortages.
    so report the problems you have, and they will try to fix them.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

18. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

Purely hypothetical so no point really saying it... ..but I genuinely do wonder if it wasn't made public and there weren't the obvious signs such as the left over pc2 assets.. how many people would be able to say whether the game had infact been built on the madness engine.

I'm sure there are people out there who potentially have such a fine sense for that kind of thing.. but I kind of get the feel that there's people out there who because they've been told its the madness engine thats instantly changed their preconceptions of the whole game, whereas if it was a 'blind test' and the game engine wasnt even talked about would that potentially affect some peoples opinions..

..anyway, dangerous territory worrying about other peoples opinions, better get back to work...

• Like Like x 1
  19. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The fact he is not even backing up his statement with any examples or facts as to why Madness engine is bad choice... that is pure trolling and time wasting instead of having a smart debate. Get out of if this thread @Dennis you are just creating unnecessary negativity.

20. RoccoTTS

This has nothing to do with being a fanboy. Feel free to join the discussion and tell us what is wrong or what should be better in your opinion. You are a backer, so you have access to the Reiza 51 section. So please use the threads in this section to report bugs and problems and do suggestions how to make things better.
    You are a member of this forum since 2016 and you have posted 8 times and the only thing you can say about this game is "the engine is a big failure", how is this useful to anybody ?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2