1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

throttle problem setting max point

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Derek44, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Derek44

Derek44 New Member

hi, i have problems with my fanatec pedals and the potentiometer on ams 2 arrives at 76 when calibrating pedals on ams2, how to have a 100 from that 76 ? calibration allows only to have a max point but then is impossible to understand how the pedal goes, no screens in the hud

2. Derek44

Derek44 New Member

trying to explain better, other sims allows to set a max point or an initial deadzone to solve problems like this, and anyway, i am working to replace that potentiometer :-D

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fanatec pedal user here, I understand your pain :p For lower deadzone there is a dead zone option somewhere in the menu. For upper deadzone you have to use the calibration tool, so only press your pedal down to e.g 70% if you want an upper deadzone at 70%. The only way you can check your inputs is the telemetry HUD whilst on track, it doesn't work well and is probably impossible to see if you are hitting say 99% rather than 100% but it is what we have for now.

4. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I use the csl elites. Best advice I can give you, if you have the csl elite set too, is to buy the load cell kit ! Far far better experience than the standard brake pedal, can calibrate to 100% in every sim, will shave seconds off your lap times, increase consistency of lap times and never the need for any dead zone! Best £130 you will ever spend in sim racing !

5. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

The way it "should" work, is that when you calibrate the pedals, whatever you push to be the max becomes your new 100%. So if you push to 70% on the screen, then when you save that is now your "100%". You can verify this by driving a car and opening the telemetry HUD. You should see when you press the accelerator after that calibration that you are getting 100% acceleration.

6. Derek44

Derek44 New Member

that's it, i realized it , thank you all guys