1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth starting a championship?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by F2020, Jul 1, 2020.

1. F2020

F2020 Member

Hi guys,

I hope you have all been enjoying V1! i am loving driving these cars on these tracks, they are great fun :) i am looking forward to getting the Rift on tonight and putting in some serious track time. Congrats to the Reiza guys you've done great.

I wondered what people thought on the Championship, as its listed as a WIP, would you think it best to hold of starting a championship until its finished? i.e. will all points etc be reset upon updates to it do you think? or will changes to it make your progress invalid do you think?

I have a family and the time required, i.e. practice, qualify and race (some are 1 hour long) will cause upset if winning points and then its all reset due to updates etc.

Best to hold off this area of AMS2 for a while until its fleshed out?

2. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah why not, the major issue atm is you cannot pick a car and it'll put you in the last car you used (even the ARC camaro), to remedy that goto test day pick the correct class of car and exit.
    Start the championship and you'll be in the correct class...
    Championship is indeed a WIP atm and plans laid out vaguely point to it's expansion without applying a strict timetable which could be forced to change.
    Sadly we cannot have certainty due to world events. We'll just have to cope as things stand but we can rest assured because of the outstanding work accomplished so far despite adversity and also the teams dedication to pick quality over deadlines and their outstanding response times to issues.
    Like the MP joining problem, less than 2 hours after launch Renato confirmed they are aware, this morning he expanded this with a work around (only join sessions still in the lobby not practice or quali) also adding a fix was underway and all things going to plan would be fixed today.
    This puts other devs to shame IMO who take weeks or even MONTHS just to admit to issues let alone fix them.
    All credit to Reiza for getting this game to this point in such hard times, simply OUTSTANDING work long may it continue....

• Like Like x 5
  3. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I have a question regarding championship . Can you actually edit the length of the races ? Sorry this probably sounds like a noob question but I could do anything with it when I tried !
    Thanks .

4. SRS13Rastus

Not tried but it's my intention to look into this, gonna do it as is but I'll take a look before I start.
    TBH though I hope not, it's a sim after all not an arcade game where races are 3-10 laps only, giving you no time at all to recover from spins or minor mistakes.
    I had a FANTASTIC 20 lap MP race not long ago where I got spun out at the start ended up last over 35 seconds off the lead and STILL managed to fight my way back through the field and won it.
    The sense of achievement was totally EPIC. 3 laps just isn't enough to allow this...

5. SRS13Rastus

Just been looking and can't find any settings to change the length of the races in the menus, doubt time acceleration will be an option either...

6. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

No I guess it's not been added yet . I don't want three lap races either but definitely want to be able to choose the length of practice qualy and race day , don't always have a spare two hours to race !

7. SRS13Rastus

True enough, just tried 1st race lo and behold car doesn't get re-fueled in the pitstop so 35 mins wasted....
    Retested whilst typing and yeah did 10 laps fuel was 80 litres at start down to 60 requested pitstop and during the pitstop the repair meter ran a cycle (hadn't hit anything or done any suspension damage) suspect the wrong bar is filling up here....
    Filing bug report...

• Like Like x 1