1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ginetta GT4 Supercup

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by mike reynolds, Jul 2, 2020.

1. mike reynolds

mike reynolds New Member

Anyone else think this car feels a bit off? Find it really twitchy under braking into corners, can't understand why the back end wants to come round so much?

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

They do seem a little unstable under braking. Have they removed the driver aids yet? At Donington National qualifying times are low to mid 1:09's IRL. When testing out in a race with the AI I couldnt get below 1:10.8. I made a side by side comparison with a RL lap and the cars looked quite similar but I think I would need more confidence inspiring brakes to get to low 1:09's! (Assuming the car hasnt changed much since the beta version pre-release.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. mike reynolds

mike reynolds New Member

Yes all aids off....Just ran a few laps with the Mod version in AC, found similar behaviour but think I might be downshifting 1 gear too much into slower corners...will try it again as may be a case of PICNIC!

5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds New Member

Yes that seems better now, seems I was a bit over zealous in my downshifting (been driving those ACC GT3's too long)...

6. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

The G55 is a little bit tricky on the brakes. Bathurst with the G55 is rather interesting but I was able to do a decent time even with the default setup. Try to play with some different Brake pressure and Brake Bias settings. I think the default pressure is 90 and the Bias is 60/40. You also might want to lower the rear Duct from 50% to 30% to prevent the fast cooling of the rear brakes.
    Also keep in mind that it takes 3 or 4 laps until tires and brakes are fully working.

• Like Like x 1
  7. zero71

zero71 New Member

I’ve not touched the car setup, all on default. I’m having no issues with it. My favourite car after the open top P2 car. Granted I am still playing on a pad, but assists all off. Wheel soon.

8. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Tried it out at Bathurst, it feels horrible to me. Like there's a 10 ton weight in the back, even braking in a straight line. Default setup, don't wish to use custom.
    Edit: Have played with bias/pressure but it doesn't take away the unrealistic feeling for me...

9. 250swb

250swb Active Member

I don't think it's because the back end wants to come around so much as the front end has too much bite. It's a light front engined car and the front digs in too much when braking into a corner. For a race setup increase the rate of the front anti roll bar just to start with, for me I think it makes the G55 flow better through the corners.

10. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Yeah there is definitely work required on the car, it's way too sensitive to over rotation, at any speed really, feels a bit like the Sprint car did on early access.
    Although if you do a couple of laps it seems to get better, almost as though the tyres/brakes are over sensitive at the start of a stint.
    I find that all the cars added at V1 have very similar traits, prob just need tweaking by Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wish they allowed us to remove the wheel (w/ Wheel/Hands off). :(

12. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah think theres a couple of cars that have this (is it the F3 or something).. ..I'd hope thats something that will get looked at in time, can't see why they wouldn't be able to have no wheel..

13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I understand it has to do with the HUD physically on the wheel, for realism. Perhaps if easy to do, they can emulate what ACC did, allowing turning on the dashboard display in HUD (Dashboard display in HUD).