1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General AMS2 Release & Feedback Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Micropitt, Jul 1, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the band, Michael Amott really belongs to. Arch Enemy is overrated, as soon, you encounter his stoner rock skills IMO :D

Spiritual Beggars is the perfect "pump yourself up" music for driving and whipping up yourself on the virtual track!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please minimize non-thread or non-simulator specific that doesn't help the devs or the players... It's already hard enough to keep up... Thanks.:)

3. CrimsonEminence

It belongs to my first thoughts, about driving AMS2 in 1.0, thanks. :)

Whipping up yourself is a sign of a good racing sim, btw.. The feel, when you become part of the car, you're driving, instead of trying to exploit the physics. I hope you can keep up, things can get a bit circumlocutory :D (what a word).

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. MaxSleepangle

MaxSleepangle New Member

Reference for Kurt? Nicki's definitely said the iRacing tyre model is ****. And a number of the F1 drivers were complaining about the tyre model weirdness. I think that's a consensus.
    I've heard Lando say rFactor2 feels pretty good. His problem was the software's unreliability and general annoyingness - it screwed up in the LeMans resulting Lando and Max's team dropping out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I guess I watched to many of Nicki’s DTM videos lately. He posted that 90’s Serie just last week and his Dad came up all the time :rolleyes:

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Please use Telemetry HUD and ensure there is nothing odd happening with your pedal calibration. The cars should feel quite close to AMS 1 unless you have some phantom brake application happening.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Please keep posts to the topic of your first thoughts on the game, refrain from attacking each other’s opinion or sharing odd fantasies about what devs may think about at night ;)

Michael and whoever is encountering similar difficulties with handling, Id suggest taking the time to review your controller and graphical settings, ensuring the game steering is fully linear (with the graphical steering wheel rotation matching your controller input), that pedals are properly callibrated, and that input lag is not an issue. If you are encountering the same difficulties such as terminal understeer with every car in the game, chances are there is something amiss in your controller configuration. We have seen people having difficulties getting their controller dialed in which certainly can be frustrating, but jumping into the conclusion there is something inherently off with the game might just prevent you from spotting an actual configuration issue and getting it sorted. As Marc suggests checking the telemetry HUD to ensure the game is processing your inputs correctly is a good place to start.

Finally Id strongly recommend against immediately jumping into custom FFB profiles, rather make sure you have got a grasp on what the FFB sliders do and that you have got default fully dialed in,
    only after you had enough time to be confident you got the best of it start dabbing with custom alternatives.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Michael Magnus

Michael Magnus New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for your answers. I just reinstalled the game, deleted the settings and calibrated my wheel and pedals.

Wheel rotation is fully linear and matches the in-game wheel 1:1. FFB is on default profile but with 85% Gain, 40% Low Force Boost and 10% Fx.

Pedals are fully calibrated too with small deadzones, so no ghost inputs during gameplay.

The problem still exists. Not all cars are that bad, the worst in terms of understeer are the Formula Retro.

I don't think it's a flaw in the game engine itself but with the default car setups being way, way to neutral. As I stated before, I'm not an setup expert, but changing some values on the differential makes the cars a little more tail happy when you lift off your right foot.

I have no problems with the AMS 1 counterparts, especially the Retro and Vintage F1. They're not understeery at all. I can drive them pretty fast and with confidence. Not something that is possible in AMS 2 at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. CrimsonEminence

Yes, the default is pretty restrictive into corners, i have to agree!
    Also i saw someone still having issues with the snappyness on Brands Hatch in the M23.
    The car looked pretty unsaveable, wasn't coming to test it by myself on this track yet, but it looked somewhat, like it was at release of the F-Retro in Beta. Also with stiffened springs and ARB for rolling stability.

Maybe something is still playing some shenanigans with this car class?

• Like Like x 1
  10. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I love Brasilia in AMS2,
    lovely little banking in de infield corners.
    Nice track to surf around in the Lotus 72
    No problems here, just fun

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

I have now played nearly 200 hours on this game.

Since v1 track limits have changed for the worst. Two wheels still on the track and you now get penalties/slow down. Jesus is this become more and more like PC2!

Do the makers of this actually look at these forums or just go blindly on with introducing more tracks and cars without addressing the basics?

Sorry if this seems like a rant but after all the initial hype just feel a tad disspointed

• Dislike x 5
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Yeah some times limits dont make sense, also slowdowns and giving position back...

And considering the historical formulas in AMS2 always had the stupid corner entry coast understeer (with a clutch LSD) maybe its something that cant be fixed. ams1 and rF2 works very differently, so either they got it right or ams2 did :D

13. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Well AMS1 was based on RF2

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

No, AMS1 is based on the foundation of rFactor1. ;)

(which makes it still pretty impressive IMO, what they did with that engine.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Considering there is a post a few above yours from the lead developer that you didn't read, it makes you look pretty silly.
    Not saying your opinion isn't valid, just that the tone you choose to deliver it affects how seriously people will take it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

You see guys, I'm not a hater. Had a great race with the oldie-but-goodie stock car V8s at oldie-but -goodie Goiania. What a fight these cars are to get around with. Maybe my oldie-but-goodie G27 is overwhelmed in 2020. At any rate, as funky as the physics feel with this Madness engine, this sim is really alive behind the wheel!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Same here, all is OK and most cars are fine but these historic and retro make it much more apparent there is either something wrong with either physics or clutch LSD settings/effects. Try setting preload to something like negative 20 (-20) and you will suddenly get oversteer on entry. But it shouldnt be that way, +20Nm preload shouldnt suddenly make the car drift off the track. Ramp angles either have no effect or very very little.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

Is this a bug? I've never heard of negative preload :whistle:

19. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I found out by accident! SUddenly could go into negative preload on some cars. Tried -50 on retro formula and oversteered massively into the corner :D

I think IRL negative preload COULD be used if you want open diff "until" there is a certain force applied. Specified by the number.

20. CrimsonEminence

Seems i have to try it out, later...looking forward to it.
    I find the F-Retro pretty enjoyable, with own setup changes, it suddenly becomes really nice to push and attack, but this could be a gamechanger indeed for the corner entry understeer...
    This sounds like an automatic lock diff to me btw.^^