1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June Development Update - It´s Official Release Time!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 29, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Besides all the factors i agree with you...but:
    Unique selling point.

Supporting open source foundations is quite a banger, IMO. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"Unique selling point." could make sense when a business tries to expand their market. Sim Racing is a very niche product in the first place. The resources required to appeal to a microscopic market (AM2 Linux users) would be a financially foolish decision. Make the best game possible period, the gamers will come to whatever platform your offer an amazing product. That has been a historical fact...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

Fair point, absolutely.
    Linux is not the prefered platform for gaming systems, but a "nice to have", though.^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gabriel OF

Gabriel OF New Member

It would be great to sim race in Linux, wouldn't it? But let's face it, Wine is a hack and makes no sense to ask for care/support when Reiza clearly states that the only platform is windows, we know what we've paid for.
    To start thinking about Linux support the game should be at least using Vulkan or OpenGL, not a hack.
    Right now the reality is that you should code and submit Wine patches to try to make it run better on Linux.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All he is saying is that the anti-cheat doesn't detect proton/wine as some sort of cheating code.

Besides, what is the problem if someone wants to game on Linux? He is not asking Reiza to port the game either... as stated, he seems to be using proton/wine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

Another pick for the full sim + music experience:
    Pick the Metal Moro AJR V10
    Pick Oulton Classic
    Add this:
    Have a nice run. >:->

I'm sorry, i will stop now :D

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  7. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think there is some common ground we share.

There are a lot of voices to be heard and reviewers don't hold back from what I've seen on YT.
    I went into EA and buying the Season Pass knowing full well how these things go and I trust that the less vocal majority do the same when considering purchasing decisions.

I didn't know of Reiza before I started looking into AMS2, but I was very interested since its announcement. It had a good rep from AMS1. Since that time I have been more than impressed by the way they have handled practically everything they have done. I've played many many games where the developer is a black hole or outright ignores the community. Reiza is the opposite and they have earned my trust. Is it perfect, no. Is there more that I would like to see content wise, yes. Right now, I've gotten my moneys worth just trying to "master" (and I mean that in the loosest terms possible) the Sprint Car, so as far as I am concerned every moment of enjoyment at this point forward is money in the bank. I hope and trust others will feel the same, now and in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Yep. Common ground there. Members here who closely, or even relatively closely have been following progress can see the incremental improvements, the time, the work that's gone into AMS2. It's superb. All the while we've been able to enjoy some of the content, there's something for everybody either now, or coming in the future...

It's not without it's issues (To be expected), but you can jump in and find some bug free, fantastic fun. The reviewers, Youtubers etc that hop into a V1.0 have to judge it as it currently stands from that perspective.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

I'm not asking for a native version of the game (actually that would be great), but please they don't break the current Wine/Proton simulator compatibility because of an anticheat. There are anticheat systems that work fine with Wine/Proton, I just ask that they take it into mind.

I know 4 people who use Automobilista 2 with Linux (Proton). I'm sure there will be a few more at least that I don't know

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. AndrewMigL

AndrewMigL New Member AMS2 Club Member

Congrats and thank you!

11. André Silveira

André Silveira New Member

Esse jogo tem alguns problemas bem sérios em relação ao feeling dos carros, primeiramente os carros desse jogo não rotacionam parece que quicam, segundo a saida de traseira mais parecem que a sua frente decidiu virar sozinha do que qualquer outra coisa, preferia o ams 1 que ja não era muito bom nessas questões, carros que eu testei para fazer a analise: Stock car, F ultimate, kart 125.
    Ainda relacionado as saidas de traseira, no jogo quando você contra esterça, o carro não vai reganhando o grip progressivamente, ele volta instantaneamente e seu carro sai virando pro outro lado.
    Gostaria ter escrito um ticket direto para a empresa porém eu não vi nenhuma forma de o fazer.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Maxi Sabino

Maxi Sabino Member AMS2 Club Member

What about of Buenos aires? You added brasilia to ams2 but you didn't add buenos aires....:(

13. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm pretty sure it will come in the future, look at this post ;)

14. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Linux might be the platform to go for long distance racing. That way you know that your computer won't crash during a race.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or windows 10, won't crash either ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

I think that Linux could be a good alternative because is a more reliable and secure system, without surprise updates, hangs, low speeds ...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. dinux

dinux New Member

Another linux player here. Please don't brake linux support. It works with no problems on steam/proton, only one issue exist, you can't use alt+tab (switch to desktop or another app). But all other things runs perfectly for me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1