1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to adjust HUD

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by InfernalVortex, Jul 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I did a search for HUD, but it's not enough characters... so I apologize if I'm retreading something here.

I like to play in VR, and I like my HUD to be pretty simple. I cant figure out how to remove the track map, mirror, and relative laptime overlay. I had somehow done it during EA, but I deleted my settings folder for a clean slate, and I can't figure out how to remove it again. Im sure I did it in game, but when I go to the HUD adjustment menu, it seems to only let me move stuff, not take it out. For example the mirror, it displays as "Off", but it was clearly still visible. I dont need or want an overhead mirror in my VR HUD... I somehow eventually got it off, but now I cant figure out how I did it, and I want the track map off as well. I DO want the lap times visible, and the basic speed/gear display to the lower right.

So how do I remove elements?

2. Ren Lacerda

Ren Lacerda New Member

I would like to know this too. Clicking and dragging with the mouse doesn’t work. I know there are specific VR HUD commands with the numpad keys on your keyboard.

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

You click an element and a little menu pops up with it's name, and an option of how it should be displayed. The options vary based on the widget, but are usually Full/Minimal/Off. Works fine for me in VR... after forcing the game into a high resolution because they still haven't fixed the in-game HUD editor.

4. Timothy Dalton

Timothy Dalton New Member

This editor for VR is utterly horrible how can it be left like this for 1.0

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. dihedral3

dihedral3 New Member

@Ren First things first. Are you seeing the HUD editor at least?

6. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For the HUD are several options available
    Switch between different options of the HUD with the HUD selector (map a button).

In cockpit view there is none, light and cockpit. Light and cockpit are in the HUD Editor customizable to your liking. To go to the HUD Editor select pause while in car and select HUD Editor.

You can position each element and additionally most elements have full - minimal - off settings. So I have e.g. in light only the position and the mini dashboard while in cockpit I have all elements on full. While driving in cockpit view I can switch between none - for the cars with a lot of information in their dash and light - for cars with less information and sometimes I switch to cockpit - for all information.

Additional you are able to position each text message where you like it.

In VR it's possible to select the HUD position on the fly in distance size and angles.
    Details in this post: VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

7. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

So if something is set to "minimal", what does that mean? What does "full" mean? Are these hud display levels that we are toggling through? If I set the mirror to "minimal", does that mean it shows up on full? Only on minimal? Or on minimal and full?

8. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

Another quick related question - are you able to reposition the multiplayer chat box?

9. Ren Lacerda

Ren Lacerda New Member

Yes, I see it both on my VR display and my mirror (monitor) display. It is exactly the same as PC2. I can mouse over but can't click and drag or turn off, etc, like i can on PC2.

10. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Is it possible to change the colors of the Performance Delta fonts? That "dark green", and also "dark red", numbers over a grey background are difficult to read, at least for me.