1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thrustmaster TX/T300 FFB setup

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by KubaXman, Apr 1, 2020.

1. vortex

vortex Member

So, if I’ve got this correct (from the posts in this thread), I should have the gain between 30% and 100%, LFB between 40% and 80% and FX between 15% and 60% for best results! No wonder we all have different opinions on how good/bad the FFB is.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

and there is also a big difference of gain dependend to your rim diameter.
    The smaller a rim, the higher the forces you feel. Its the lever principle !
    So the same person must feel big difference
    e.g. 28cm GT3 weel vs 33cm Sparco Rally Addon
    Thats why people should always post not only the FFB settings, also append wheel diameter, TM control panel settings and TM wheelrotation (e.g. 900 or 1080). This all have influence

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you so much! The best setting as of now ! Amazing. Transformed the sim for me for sure. Never felt so good. What do I have to change to make resistance a little stronger for some cars (since i own a T500) but that the overall feel is the same? Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Stepy

Stepy Member

Unfortunately you can`t change FFB for each car (which is a problem) only overall FFB. I would increase the gain in game in say steps of 5 while lowering the LFB & FX by 5 until you find one your happy with for the "lighter cars". Then try out the cars with heavy steering, if their too heavy now your going to have to reduce the gain. You will have to find a happy medium as i said before because you can`t adjust FFB per car.......... I tend to set up the FFB for the "heavy cars" reducing it to a vaule that is "manageable" ATM :
    GAIN : 46
    LFB : 54
    FX : 34

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, which cars do you find "heaviest" on the steering? I'm wondering because I admittedly haven't tried them all yet... having too much fun with my favourite few. :p

6. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

light to me is the trainer and See. Heavy for example the vintage cars eg Puma.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stepy

Stepy Member

I haven`t tried them all either but for me the ones that i have tried with the "heavier FFB / steering" would be the :
    Stock car
    Super v8
    Lancer
    Sprint Cars
    Ultima GTR
    Formula cars (can`t remember which ones)
    while the "lighter FFB / steering" would be the :
    F3
    P4
    P3

• Like Like x 1
  8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I'm poking around with a modified FFB file, so this info will be helpful while testing. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Arcadium

Arcadium New Member

Settings for T300 + F1 Wheel Rim, provides nice detailed feedback for most cars without clipping that you will get if you will further increase Strength or Gain. For some cars you might want to lower the Gain like the Stock Car Brazil.

Effects is for personal preference, personally I like to keep this low.

TM Settings:
    • Overal Strength 75
    • Constant 100
    • Periodic 100
    • Spring 0
    • Damper 0

AMS-2
    • Gain 62
    • LFB 55
    • Effects 15
    • Menu 0

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

Am I the only one to run LFB as 0 on my T300? I get brilliant FFB. Gain 100, FX 70. Steering is heavy on slow corners, especially if I'm hustling the car. Feels the same on SV8 and F3. F3 probably a bit more detailed. (As I would expect).

11. OlaN

OlaN Member

I tried your settings, but had to reduce Gain to 70. I must admit that LFB at 0 works very good! Might keep this, 70-0-15!
    And no need to change for different cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. sk8

sk8 Member

I've been running LFB on 0 too. Much better for sure. LFB seems to be a damper effect, which just adds weight and kills detail. The effect slider only adds subtle vibration even on 100, but it aids immersion for me.

I run gain 85 LFB 0 Effects 100 and menu center spring 20.

Thrustmaster settings like spring and damper have no effect because AMS 2 doesn't use them so it doesn't matter if it's on or off. Some games benefit from it being on though like WRC 8, so maybe better to leave these on default.

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

With my T500RS Menu center Spring value (40 for me) center the wheel automatically on menu only if I set Spring at 100 in TM Control panel. if not it have no effect. So at least it have a reason in TM control panel (for my configuration)...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

Some people have been posting FFB.txt files on the main forum, but I don't know how to install or use them. It might be a good idea to post a how-to, or tutorial for tech the challenged.

Once the final patch is uploaded and we come to an agreement on FFB with our wheels, maybe we should post our findings for the Thrustmaster T300, T500, etc here. I'd hate to see our settings get lost in a 65+ page forum.

15. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

That information is mentioned many times in the main FFB thread. You download the txt file, you put it in My Documents\Automobilista 2, and in the in-game FFB menu you choose the "Custom" profile.

That's exactly what people were doing in the FFB thread, but nobody can agree what is good for any wheel. The exact same wheel and you have one using 50/70/50, another using 80/30/75, and anything in between. Opinion on settings seems even more personal and subjective than in any other sim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

This is the settings I'm using with my T300RS. It's the Silver Raw v3.2 - Momentum Rack 2.0 - Karsten.

My in game settings are Gain 80 LFB 20 and the other, I forget the name, 50 My Thrustmaster control panel is 80 , constant 100, periodic 100, spring and damper0 ,0
    I'm very happy with it as it is now.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for this it's certainly an improvement, I need to tweak a little bit though as I get a "notchy" feeling in corners with the Ginetta G55s at Donington.
    Plus I need to find a right balance across all cars as I could do without the faff of constantly changing in game values every time I fancy driving something different, something that's plagued this Sim since the start unfortunately.

19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

No i run Gain 100, LFB 0, and FX 50, also run my wheel at 75% output in Thrustmaster settings.
    I can't run LFB it just spoils the game for me, too springy and fake/heavy effect.