1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech G29/G920/G27/G25 FFB Thread?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by TekNeil, Apr 26, 2020.

1. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

I'm having this issue too, turning from 11 o-clock to 1 o-clock on the G29 there's just nothing there anymore, massive dead zone, and also the whole FFB seems completely flat :-/ I can only feel a linear force left or right with no fluctuation etc.
    Previously it was fine!
    I've always had decent results at the stock 100/50/50, but will try your settings. I tried a couple files from the ffb custom settings thread too but they didn't seem to help regards the center being dead. May be worth a shot for you @Clippy2020

• Like Like x 2
  2. Clippy2020

Clippy2020 New Member

I think the "Connecting the dots" ffb file (Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations) is pretty promising.
    Just need to dial in the min_force and the lfb_rack_ratio, and I think I am getting there....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I tried that one last night and was disappointed tbh , just not sure it suits the Logitech wheels . My main problem was it was way to light in the center , just felt vague , like having too much toe out on the front wheels .
    If you have any success with tweaking the file would love to know your results .
    Good luck

4. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried the 9.3.2 patch with f-vee in brands short and had feeling on the top with 100/70/50 on a G27. Of course I don't know what you mean by feeling. I had resistance and bumps there. I don't care about the bumps myself, I just want to feel how the tires are in relation to where I'm heading.

5. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Today I'm really happy .....

Logitech G920 steering wheel
    LogitechHub Profile Default (50-50-50 Spring 10)
    Game Setting Sensitive Default (50-50-50) and Deadzone all to 0

Regarding the FFB Default of the new update 0.9.5.1 I can say that it was a big improvement this time, I am very happy and perhaps it is even more beautiful than the 0.9.2.1 version that I liked a lot (I did not like the 0.9.3.1/2 version not at all and I was very frustrated).

Having said that, my personal feelings, on this update 0.9.5.1 and on my cheap steering wheel, were these:
    - The GAIN has not undergone any particular changes compared to the previous versions, therefore only small adjustments but in the end I stabilized on 85;
    - LFB now needs a bit higher values than before to fill the center and the dead zone, until 0.9.2.1 80-85 was enough, with 0.9.3.1/2 I kept it around 90, now with this version I keep it up to 95 without anomalies;
    - FX same speech, even the maximum septum at 100 (up to values around 75 you don't hear much).

So in summary we have GAIN 85 LFB 95 FX 100 ... for me it's wonderful. ;)

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

G27 here
    A step in the right way.
    Still no effects when I go offroad or in heavy brake, but better sensations on track.
    My settings, for now in game are:
    gain 40
    LFB 70
    FX 65
    I'll test it again: for now only with formula Vee, Formula Classic and Stock Car.
    Thx Reiza!:):)

7. CMLcz

CMLcz New Member

Hi all.
    I hope you can help me for a little.
    I have experiencing weird ffb behaviour on my g29 sometimes. Sometimes it happens in middle of circuit, sometimes right after starting a engine when I want to exit pits in quali... Ffb goes to full force to right steer with no reason and holds it until I unplug USB. After usb reconnection wheel perform standard calibration and full steer is no more. After that are ffb working too, but in some weaker way... Ffb isn't such detailed, like before and only game restart helps to run ffb correctly again. Any advices, pls?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No solution, but it is happening quite a lot to lots of different wheel users around the forum, so well reported and they will most likely get to the bottom of it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CMLcz

CMLcz New Member

Is possible that is madness engine related issue?
    Because when I buy my g29 from a friend, I've been played Project cars 2 for few hours and exactly same thing happened. But at first time I was surprised and don't realised that I have to disconnect it and wheel motor gets overheated and gone away in cloud of smoke :-/ I was lucky to get new wheel in last month of its warranty :D It happened again here in ams 2 with new wheel, so I was confused where is problem...
    Thx for your info.

10. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Do you have tried the wheel with any other sim?
    Same behaviour?

11. CMLcz

CMLcz New Member

Sadly I don't.. I've played Asseto Corsa for abou one hour only. don't like it, so leave it... But I'll try it tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  12. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had same trouble in PC2, absolutely randomly, and had to disconnect wheel, exit pcars2 and restart cause wheel keep forcing to right. In ams2 it turns to right but after 2 seconds it returns to center and it"s only annoying....
    Never happened with rr3 rf2 ac acc lfs netkar ..
    G29 here.

13. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Just so you know, this is a quote from Renato on the RD forums:
    "Just as a clarification, we wrapped development of the FFB code for v1.0 @ v0.9.3 - the fact the mechanics of the system were set then however doesn’t mean we were not still fine tuning the parameters in the default script and within each car. The differences in v0.9.5 are limited to this fine tuning process, which is not to say they are small. We‘ll still be going through that process in the coming weeks until v1 release. We will also review the code for bugs when needed, one of them being the initialization issue causing the wheel to pull right in some circunstances."

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  15. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So what settings are people running now ?
    Default , Custom?
    Im running custom ffb from NuScorpii ,pretty nice but feels a little bit notchy at times.

16. Pete Baldwin

Pete Baldwin Member

I'm on the G29 - This is the best custom file I've found so far. In game settings are 85/75/70.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen New Member

G27 and default for me. Feels pretty excellent. Tried couple of custom files, had little bit better feel of weight transfer/rear end but i like more of the smooth feeling of default ffb. It's anyway one of the best default ffb's of any sims currently in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. TomP

TomP Active Member

Hi, G29 user here.

I'm using custom profile, my current file:
    - modified scrub,
    - scrub/rack force smoothing at very low speed/standstill,
    - engine vibe off,
    - deadzone removal (tighten),
    - more linear output (scoop knee/reduction),

and settings:
    - GAIN between 70-100 (depends on car),
    - LFB mostly 0, 5-10 when lower gain,
    - FX 80.

THE best FFB I have ever experienced in any racing game so far. I can feel everything (kerbs, bumps, road surface changes) even on straights.

If you want to find your values for the 'tighten' and 'scoop' functions use the FCM 1.20 tool (google > Force Curve Modifier pcars).

Latest file here

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  19. Not_DrRyan

Not_DrRyan New Member

Hi Tom,
    This completely changed the game for me. I am new to sim racing and didn't know what FFB should feel like, but this is definitely it. Now I need to replicate this in ACC and PC2 :D. Quick question on the 'tighten' and 'scoop' functions. I ran the tool but where can I find these values?
    Thanks!

20. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just tried this out and its impressive, can really feel car weight transfer etc but kerbs seem very weak to me.
    Thats my only criticism , ill need to test more but its pretty good for sure thanks for sharing.