1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for this file, really enjoying it and feels great!
    What settings would I adjust to get a tad more feel of the tires during cornering?

2. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi, Can you repost your file as so far this one worked for me. They have changed something with this 1.0 release. Thanks.

3. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

SC2 Pro isn't directly comparable but you can find my settings here:

Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

4. NuScorpii

Heavy Messing V2.5

* Changed centre functions to give a more ACC soft notch feel to the wheel that moves with vehicle dynamics
    * Use the "tightness" variable to adjust width of enhanced centre
    * min_force will also affect the tightness so adjust that to suit first
    * Provided 2 Heavy Messing presets - detailed and smooth
    * Minimalist version with just enhanced centre, dynamic damping, and nonlinear clipping

Get it below or in post #3

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. NuScorpii

That one was really only meant for testing or if you want to keep closer to the default. I'd recommend trying one of the files with more options to tweak first. Try the detailed and smooth versions here

6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The detailed one is a blast with the TS 300. Thx.

7. zero71

zero71 New Member

I'm a newbie with a G920 (arrived today). I've not had a wheel and PC sim racer since the days of GP Legends. Will these custom ffb files give me benefits over the default settings with my wheel? If so, which file do you recommend and what settings should I change in the file or game? Thanks!

8. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh man, very cool giving us the three different options of this file - thanks again man! I think I caught the dang COVID-19 while I was out of town last week and I currently just don't have the energy to sim race yet. I'm already itching to get back on track bad, but this only makes me want to kick this things butt even faster now! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I have great respect for Jack spade work on PC2 FFB because whatever the haters say it brought the game to sim level in my views but what you and Karsten have achieved is even better because you rationalized and well explained the parameters for the end user that i am. thanks again, i wouldnt change anything today in the FFB tweaking possibilities you gave us

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can try these files, but i would try the default FFB a bit longer than today, to find out what is "wrong" with it.
    If you think the default FFB is not the way to go, you can try custom files.
    So far i always end up using the default FFB

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

cool..:D hope to be able to test it this evening.

12. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

good morning, I have Simucube version 1, are your settings ok?

13. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@NuScorpii I really like the new 2.5 version, smooth, I tried the detailed version first but it was too grainy and hence what I would call too noisy, but the smooth version still feels like it brings out all the subtle forces, plus I am instantly more confident with that feeling and what the car is doing. Needs a more extensive test on a variety of cars/tracks but on my goto fav, F309@Cascavel it is delightful.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Same over here. I like the smooth one. Just did a 10lap race in the Ginetta GT4 on Badhurst. Felt great.:D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Luis Felipe Cortes

Luis Felipe Cortes New Member

G29 file Ingame settings 90/50/50 (LFB +/- 5 on car basis)
    Based on Silver Raw 4.6 from Karsten, and added the
    (output (tighten output 0.16 0.012)) from Project Cars 2. (thanks TomP)
    This line acts like a real min force, not create a notch or oscillation, works great in the gear drive wheels.
    Great and continuos feeling, no notch or dead center.

Attached Files:

16. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree. The "detailed version" felt too grainy. But the "smooth version" was slightly too soft for me. So i took the "detailed version" and lowered micro_details and macro_details a little bit.

But overall i like the tighter center feel comparing to the default FFB.

• Like Like x 3
  17. NuScorpii

For me they are good. I think for going from SC2 to SC1 you divide the values by 10. So when I have say 10% you would need 1% for Damping / Friction / Inertia in the config tool.

18. TomP

TomP Active Member

more linear wheel output for G29

(output (scoop output 0.50 0.51))

Add it after "# Final Rack & Effects Blending" output

Attached Files:

19. Luis Felipe Cortes

Luis Felipe Cortes New Member

its "more linear" i agree, but the g29 its not designed to be linear, its a entry level wheel (its very weak in terms of torque), if you make it linear the torque in the center its minimum, i know, its more "realistic" because its almost linear, but you loose a lot of detail, i dont recommend use that line, the center not feel dead (no FFB) but feels vague (FFB exists, but its minimal because the torque curve its almost linear and the G29 only its capable of 2.2Nm)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. xkkkx

xkkkx New Member

Yes i think so too, complete liniar output for low torque wheels is suboptimal, lowers steering torque and details around center too much because one "liniar" ffb step (1%) is max. 0,03Nm with G2X. So first few steps (%) are not noticable, .until enough power has been added. Some lfb is needed but gives little osscilation, thats why relative high falloff value of 0.012 is needed to compensate.

With manualy boosted low force per curve (for example 30% input= 50% output), gives better feel, my opinion. i can decrease falloff to 0.002 without osscilation and lfb is not needed anymore. On the other side, higher forces will be little bit compressed, but that is not really a Problem. With higher present force on wheel, the individual steps are more noticeable.

I think falloff is a time value,
    the time until the ffb starts after leaving the wheel zero position, lower value=
    earlier use of the ffb.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020