1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I understand your point. Easier yes; logical no; and nothing good ever comes easy.. TC, ABS and Fuel maps don't come in 10% performance increments. There is no practical logic in that approach. I am happy if they normalize TC level 1 on all vehicles to be the least engaged even though this can be level 10 on it's competitor however the 0-100% logic is just Project Cars nonsense that got carried over.. I hope Reiza gives this area of development the love it needs because electronics in modern day racing are very important. Controlling them only through the ICM is not very nice either..

For example some GT3 cars have 6, 8 or 10 levels of TC/ABS. Some GT4's will only have 2 or 3.. Some GT3 have more available fuel maps than others.. Realism is what a sim should strive for.

maybe they don't have the necessary data. maybe they do.. who knows..

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps, offer the choice as an option... I personally prefer the "%" approach since I don't to memorize each car or manufacturer approach which is frustrating mid-race (is 1 highest value or the lowest value). I just need to know that higher number means more of "it"... and I can easily map those buttons to my wheel. It's fast and intuitive and perhaps good for 90% of the people and good enough for 1.0 for now.

Perhaps, having the "%" based electronics settings vs the actual car settings (which most people don't know those values until they look it up online) would be a great toggle option in the future...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

you convert a wishlist thread to a technical discussion thread :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Wolololo

• Like Like x 1
  5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

- Right and Left indicators mapped to individual buttons. Very important for multi class, GT3/Prototype racing..
    - Helicopter view

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

- ffb per car
    - left look button + right look button SHOULD equal to -> Back look
    - Cars do not "keep" their seat position settings. If you change seat position to one car, the new value just applies to all cars

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see a mappable neutral button, I dont like the way when you pit it automatically puts you in neutral or pulls the clutch in and automatically had it in hear when you finish your stop. I like the way in some Sims you can coast in neutral and come to a full stop then clunk it into first gear when you leave

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

that's something I already called in the bug report.
    That's not a feature, it's a really annoying bug without any logical sense.
    I'm the driver, I hit the clutch, I set into neutral!. It's also me who shifts into 1st gear and release the cluth to leave the pit and not the car itself.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Fully remappable controls in a much more extensive way that we have right now with be my top 1 request. Like ability to map menu navigation, which currently doesn't work properly with my wheel.

10. OldGamerGazza

OldGamerGazza Member

After qualifying in the info panel at the top of the screen, the amount of laps to race.
    I also second FFB per car or a multiplier to adjust.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Lloyd Johnston

Lloyd Johnston New Member

Request Title: Car Only Shadows

Description:
    An option to have only cars casting shadows and maybe an option to not self shadow as well.

Benefits:
    I'm using a gtx980m and I turn off shadows to get a performance bump. But you get a bright jaggy line around the base of the cars above their static always on shadow. If you turn on even the lowest shadows this is gone.

I also turn off shadows because I find the pop in of shadows to be the most immersive breaking thing in any game. Just can't stand it, it's so eye catching. This would allow people to have the car shadows for some realism but not the pops here and there around the track even when on the highest setting.

Also if there was an option for the cars to not self shadow that would get rid of some of the jaggy shadows you can see on the backs of cars when your behind them because the shadow map res is a bit low.

I think this could be great for people using VR too and for people that down't like how distracting longs shadows across the track can be at times.

I know you can race in overcast weather but we don't always want our would to be grey :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. VFX Pro

Instead of requesting something quite complex from a licensed game engine perspective and asking to support 5 year old GPU...you might want to decide if your GPU is up to par since you are using it on a notebook. You are not running a gaming PC in the traditional sense. The only way to make money in this niche is to follow where the average hardware configuration lies. Unfortunately, an old notebook GPU might not fall into that category... Now you know what to add to XMAS list :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lloyd Johnston

Lloyd Johnston New Member

Sure could use a new setup :) but now is not the time, waiting for the next batch of gpus to arrive later this year.

It might be an undoable feature, I don't know how the engine works but in 3D programs like blender, modo, cinema 4d etc this is something that can be done for years so maybe it could be done in this game engine?

Now even with the gtx980m I can turn shadows up to ultra and run the game no problem, just tweak a few settings and bam done. But there is still shadow pop here and there because of a draw distance limit.

You have missed the possibilitys this would have, no shadow pop, no jaggy shadows cast across the track, no jaggy shadows on the back of cars in front of you. You can turn all the settings to max and this will still be the case.

Plus people could use the extra gpu power saved for vr.

Also his would help alleviate some of the anti aliasing problems people have in this thread specific to shadows.

Anti aliasing

Do you have jaggy shadows on your 2080Ti, or are you having less of a problem perhaps with downsampling helping?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. VFX Pro

1. GPUs coming = true. I can't wait as well.
    2. Yes, I do have ton of shadow jaggies, that's why I specifically requested the ability increase shadows maps resolution (link) and (hopefully one day) get RTX raytraced shadows... just like in Blender or Cinema4D, etc... (link) This way the majority of shadows related issues should be solved in 1 swoop.

15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wailt till Q4 2020 and buy the new Ryzen Zen 3 + Nvidia 3xxx. I am going to upgrade with that combo. Luckily I've a 450 mobo and 3200mhz memory, so it should work. It was the orginal plan 2 years ago. 2600 and GTX 1070 I will sell on my local marketplace.

16. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: 1.0.0.2
    Request Title: Changing name of Setup Description
    Description: It is possible to change the Setup name but not the Setup Description which, once set, will be the same from one Track to the next for that particular car.
    Benefits: Sometimes people misspell and it would be nice to fix that

(Maybe it is already possible to change the description name in the setup and I just haven't figured out how to do it :rolleyes: )

17. Dams

Dams Member

a small request
    be able to change his pseudonym

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For a full weekend simulation, the option to set: Limited tyre sets, limited car parts and parc fermè

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

THIS!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Advanced Drive-train physics please. :)

• Agree Agree x 1