1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thrustmaster TX/T300 FFB setup

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by KubaXman, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Robbb74

Robbb74 New Member AMS2 Club Member

T300 with the ferrari alcantara wheelrim here.

I also have the LFB on a low setting. Gain 80, LFB 10 and FX35. Wheel at 80% in TM-controlpanel.
    Only thing that I cannot get dialed in, is the feeling of the front tyres slipping. When going too fast into a turn, you can hear the game making squeeling-sounds, but I do not feel any effect through the wheel. I would expect a vibration or something.

It is now counter-intuitive to see the car going in understeer, hearing the squeeling-sound, but no reaction through the wheel.

2. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

IMHO we don't need any customization for TM-TX.
    Just set default at CP than go to ingame config.
    Follow a sequential routine ingame setup:
    (1) Zero ALL slides before setup;
    (2) Adjust GAIN to no clipping at all (you will be in the range 70 to 80, mine is 76);
    (3) Adjust LFB. Mine have a soft center at 0 and increased resistance while turning. Good feeling even at 0. Add some LFB to get rid of the loosing center but be aware that too much LFB and you will feel nothing more than a strong force all the way that mask everything. My setting is 5.
    (4) Adjust TX to add more vertical forces. I don't need any more than the default so mine is 0.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thrustmaster TX with Sparco rally rim
    TM Profile
    All settings 100% with allow game checked.
    Constant fan enabled at the start of every session.

AMS settings
    Gain 75%
    LFB 40%
    FX 50%

Nuscorpii "heavy messing" 2.5 beta custom ffb file.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

These settings transformed AMS2 for me on my Thrustmaster TMX wheel.
    Heavy Messing (NuScorpii V2.5) file, with in game settings of 65, 40, 50
    I have my TM control panel settings at 75, 100, 100, 0, 0
    Only really use the P3 red car so not sure what the settings are like with others as yet
    Complete game changer when compared to the default, even with moving the sliders every which way !

• Like Like x 1
  5. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

I'm no expert and was pretty happy with the default settings for my TMX Pro, but thought I'd give your settings a go.
    Heavy Messing (NuScorpii V2.5) file, with in game settings of 75, 40, 50,0
    I have my TM control panel settings at 100, 100, 100, 0, 0 ( default)
    The difference is subtle, but feels good.
    Tried Rocco at new Kylami , Stock Car 2020 at Velo Citta, Caterham SL at Snetterton. All good.
    The only one I was not sure of was Super V8 at Bathurst... a bit of rumbling at center, but that may be the track. Will try again. So Far so good. Thank you, Gentlemen and Mr. NuScorpii.
    Edit: I have dropped the TM CP settings to 75/100/100/0/0 and this has gotten rid of the rumbling. Very nice now!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  6. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Bit of an update with my TM TMX....obviously FFB is a very personal thing but thanks to tUMi's post on page 45 of the custom FFB thread - Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations
    i now have even better feeling...less skittish than before. Running same in game settings as he for the TS-PC Racer (tho with TM CP overall of 75%). Grab the file from post 2 on page 1 and give it a go if you have a TM wheel

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stepy

Stepy Member

Any one got any settings for the current updated version?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’ve never found nice settings using default, always to bumpy and lacking grip feel.

you should try the latest mid custom file from Karsten.

Just follow the instructions for the different use of sliders on page 1.

9. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Said this for tx, sublime, elsewhere.

Silver raw 30 is the go to now. If you don't like too many bumps then dampening 50, or 25

Gain 65

Lfb 50

FX 50

Dampening 50

It's the medium file, for more powerful than tx 4 nm or 5 whatever it is, use HIGH file (and maybe different settings!)

!!!!!Important!!!, this is how he wants it set up. Settings now adjust center, then curves.... You can blend them in.

So on my tx it's a thing of beauty.

Dampening makes all the difference and all cars good. IF you want read his first post, but now higher than 50 dampening will adjust another setting, so if it's 70 that will do 2 things.

So gain actually does turns only and lfb the center.

It's brilliant but don't forget he made an entirely new rack model virtually for this file.

It's all well done. You won't regret it, even if default is good, and default is still there for any time.

There is perfect blend for me, center is great and feel to curve is great, road is great with more detail but dampened, matches all across the range and of course the revs.

So 50? I know.... But those are default and have new meaning and it blends in wonderfully. Feels like actual rubber more than ever and what's happening in screen is felt in the wheel, so it's very detailed. Gain at 65 for this wheel is enough. One cannot expect the world from a tx but the driving experience is stunning. Takeoff, turning, bumps, inertia, it's all great.

It's my theory they would not go for this route in default due to constraints, the need to constantly dial it in, etc, as they adjust physics, very susceptible to change I assume...but default is still there

10. sk8

sk8 Member

Just tried 900. What a difference. 1080 causes porsche cup and caymen to have a huge dead zone on center. 900 in thrustmaster driver finally cured this. Obviously recalibrated the wheel too in AMS2 after change. Must be a bug in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NicoRem

NicoRem New Member

Hi everyone! I'm newbie in AM2. I have T300 GT edition, what parameters do you suggest to me about TM control panel, in-game FFB settings and what custom FFB file?

game up to date (V1.1.4.5)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  12. sk8

sk8 Member

Driver:
    Set spring and damper to 0. The rest default.
    In game:
    LFB 0

The rest can be adjusted if needed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Definitely use the custom FFB file
    Heavy messing v2.5 then Smooth, drag n drop in the Automobilista documents, replace existing.
    Or if you want default
    Gain 55
    LFB 55
    FX 55
    Damper 0
    Use above also with custom.
    Plus I would set DOR at 540 or 900 to suit.
    Game comes alive with no deadzones or slack

• Like Like x 1