1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P1 Class Balance of Performance (large difference in performance between MetalMoro AJR and Ginetta)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by XTRMNTR2K, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Rujasu

Rujasu Member

I know I'm probably in the minority, especially since a lot of people here are probably multiplayer-focused, but I'd like to keep BoP out of things it doesn't belong to. Having performance differences is a big part of making racing against AI interesting without needing to micromanage the difficulty slider till the end of days. That said the AJR is clearly restricted in the actual Endurance Brasil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If I am not wrong, the G58 is built for LMP2. It is due to some sort of politics with ACO that no one can field the Ginetta LMP2.

3. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd actually love the ability to BoP the cars my self. The systems are their from PC2, they just need to be made available for allowing users to BoP AI cars.

Nothing spoils an offline race for me than poor implemented BoPs on car classes.

4. Rujasu

Rujasu Member

Ignoring that you need to be an approved manufacturer to make an LMP2 car, the G58 isn't built to the regulations to begin with. Just looking at the max dimensions, it's a little too wide (by 9.8cm) and tall (6.6cm). It's designed to primarily be a track day car.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It was designed for the older regulations, not the current one. Most of the spec of the car was for LMP2. It just they could not bring it into LMP2 so they turn it into a track day car.

That was the information I got when Pcars 2 was in early development. The diffuser, aero and so on were made for LMP2.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rujasu

Rujasu Member

Everything I can find points towards it being an evolution of the G57, which was a souped-up LMP3 car.